- 1 Benefits, Dosage of Activated Charcoal for Teeth Whitening
- 2 Home Remedies for Whitening Teeth with Charcoal
- 2.1 DIY Teeth Whitening Powder with Charcoal and Baking Soda
- 2.2 All Natural Charcoal Teeth Whitener Toothpaste
- 2.3 Whiten your Teeth with Activated Charcoal Mouthwash
- 2.4 Black Oil Pulling for Natural Teeth Whitening with Charcoal
- 2.5 Treatment for Whitening Teeth with Charcoal Salt
- 2.6 Where to Get Activated Charcoal for Whitening Yellow Stains on Teeth?
- 2.7 Is It Safe to Use Activated Charcoal for Teeth Whitening?
- 2.8 Ways to Use Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Properly
Whitening Teeth with Charcoal: Smile is the prettiest thing that you can wear. When you smile heartfully, you’ll be the most beautiful handsome person. But when you have the yellow teeth, you try not to laugh in the crowd. Right? So, to make your smile beautiful, the first thing you need is the whiter teeth.
The lifestyle changes, dietary habits, health conditions, excessive consumption of coffee, tea, etc. leaves yellow stains on your teeth. The cosmetic teeth whitening treatment might give you a long bill along with the original white teeth color. If you want to have a free service for your teeth, try the simple home remedies to get rid of yellow teeth. One among the natural teeth whitening treatment is with charcoal.
The best way to whiten teeth naturally is with activated charcoal. It is even a safe and effective alternative for teeth whiteners like tooth whitening strips, gels, trays, etc. You can use activated charcoal regularly as it will no damage your tooth enamel and even do not delicate the gum tissue.
[Read more: Home treatment for tooth abscess]
Benefits, Dosage of Activated Charcoal for Teeth Whitening
Charcoal is a well-known remedy for purifying water. But below are the reason why you should use activated charcoal for removing yellow stains on teeth.
Reasons for Whitening Teeth with Charcoal
- The adhesive quality of charcoal absorb the staining tannins like tea, wine, coffee, plaque, etc. Thereby, it clears all the stains when you spit it out.
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of charcoal absorb the bacteria, toxins, and gives a brighter and healthier smile.
How Often Should You Use Charcoal for White Teeth?
- If your teeth are deeply stained, then use the activated charcoal treatment for teeth once a day for five days continuously. Then stop using it for a few months. Then again start the process.
- If you are using charcoal for teeth whitening, then use it once a day for three days in a row.
So, this is the information on charcoal benefits for whiter teeth and its dosage. Now let us discuss the ways to use activated carbon for teeth whitening.
[Also read how to prevent dry socket?]
Home Remedies for Whitening Teeth with Charcoal
Below is the list of remedies to get rid of yellow or stained teeth faster at home. You can get the activated charcoal in the form of powder, capsules, etc. With the combination of other ingredients, charcoal works wonders on your teeth.
DIY Teeth Whitening Powder with Charcoal and Baking Soda
- Mix equal amounts of baking soda and activated charcoal.
- Make your brush wet and dip it in the tooth powder.
- Brush your teeth with it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash your teeth and mouth thoroughly.
- Repeat the process thrice a week to remove stains on your teeth.
[Read more: Toothpaste for pimples treatment]
All Natural Charcoal Teeth Whitener Toothpaste
- Mix 1/4 tsp activated charcoal and one tsp of your regular toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth with this activated charcoal toothpaste as usual.
- Then wash the mouth with water.
- Repeat the process regularly to get a stain free tooth.
- You can brush your teeth with only activated charcoal to whiten teeth.
Whiten your Teeth with Activated Charcoal Mouthwash
- Mix half a tsp water to powdered charcoal.
- Swish your mouth with this homemade mouthwash for 5 minutes and then spit it out.
- Wash the mouth and teeth thoroughly to prevent teeth from staining.
- Repeat the process once a day after brushing your teeth.
Black Oil Pulling for Natural Teeth Whitening with Charcoal
- Mix one tbsp coconut oil and 1/4tsp activated charcoal.
- Brush your teeth with this mixture for 3 minutes and then rinse with normal water.
- Ensure that there are no stains of charcoal on the teeth.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week to get teeth whiteness.
- You can also add peroxide or colloidal silver for additional benefits.
[Read more: Home remedies for chicken pox scars]
Treatment for Whitening Teeth with Charcoal Salt
- Combine 1/4 tsp charcoal and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Bruh your teeth with this mixture.
- Repeat the process twice a week to make your teeth white.
This is all OK. But where to buy or where to get this charcoal is your question. Right? A clear answer is here.
[Get info on the ways to get rid of a bad cough]
Where to Get Activated Charcoal for Whitening Yellow Stains on Teeth?
The activated charcoal comes in the form of capsules, tablets, bulk food grade powder. You can buy them online. People prefer the capsules charcoal as it naturally disburses in the stomach more faster than tablets. There will be no binding agents in capsules like the tablets. So you can use the charcoal capsules easily for home remedies.
You can buy the activated charcoal capsules easily on the online websites. Similar to capsules, the form of charcoal in bulk carbon powder has many positive reviews by people. They last long for months and is of higher value too.
Is It Safe to Use Activated Charcoal for Teeth Whitening?
You will get the perfect explanation for the question of safety. The positive qualities of a product can be known from its manufacturing process. The manufacturer of charcoal heats up the common charcoal under the presence of gas. This process makes the charcoal molecules porous. The porous texture helps the charcoal to absorb stains, impurities on the teeth quickly. It does not absorb the calcium salts on the tooth enamel.
Thereby, you’ll find zero damage or sensitivity of your tooth. One last point to observe here is the rough texture of the charcoal powder. Do not rub too much or apply much pressure on the teeth while brushing with charcoal as it is abrasive.
Ways to Use Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Properly
To whiten teeth safely, one should follow some steps to prevent the dangers of charcoal on teeth. Here are the tips and precautions for whitening teeth with charcoal.
- Ensure that you are washing the mouth and teeth thoroughly after brushing teeth with charcoal.
- Remember to make a gentle brush with charcoal as it is abrasive in texture.
- Prefer a medical grade activated charcoal to regular charcoal.
- It is true that charcoal clears the stains on teeth. But if your teeth are darker or yellow naturally, then consult a certified dentist for proper medication.
- Make a proper covering of your clothing while using charcoal as it can stain them.
- Undergoing a charcoal treatment for teeth whitening during pregnancy should be done under medical advice.
- If you are taking any medicines for other health problems, ask your doctor if charcoal interferes with the medicines.
- When you observe any irritation with charcoal, stop using it.
So, this is a brief information on charcoal for teeth whitening. Try the above methods of whitening teeth with charcoal and let us know the results in the comment section below.
Have the Perfect Teeth