- 1 Is it Good to Use Turmeric for Acne? Turmeric Benefits for Skin
- 2 Home Remedies for Acne – Effective Ways to Use Turmeric for Acne Prevention
- 2.1 Turmeric and Coconut Oil for Healing Acne
- 2.2 Turmeric Face Mask for Curing Acne
- 2.3 Turmeric and Yogurt Mask for Acne Removal
- 2.4 Acne Remedy with Tumeric and Sandalwood Cream
- 2.5 Get Rid of Acne and Dark Spots with Turmeric Olive Oil
- 2.6 Best Acne Treatment for Teens – Turmeric and Lemon Juice
- 2.7 DIY Face Pack with Aloe Vera and Turmeric for Acne
- 2.8 Beauty Tips on Using Turmeric for Acne
How To Use Turmeric for Acne: A magical spice we mostly use in our cooking and as an Ayurvedic medicine is Turmeric. It not only color and flavor to your dish but also a pack of medicinal values. Since ages, people have been using turmeric for many skin problems. It has been using as one of the skin lightening agents. Turmeric also fights pimples, acne, black spots, etc.
One of the most bothering worry thing for teenagers and adults is the problem of acne. Acne can occur on face, neck, and back of the body. Coming to causes of acne, dirt, dead skin cells, clogged pores with oil, etc. leads to the formation of acne. Some other acne triggers include the imbalance of hormones, improper diet, medications, etc.
So, to treat acne naturally without chemicals, turmeric is one fo the hidden secrets. Here, you will end up searching for more acne treatments as you are about to get the perfect cure for acne with turmeric in this article. But before getting down to know the home remedies for acne on forehead, let us know the benefits of turmeric.
Is it Good to Use Turmeric for Acne? Turmeric Benefits for Skin
- The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of turmeric kill the bacteria which causes the acne breakouts.
- Antioxidant property of turmeric protects the skin from free radical and prevents acne.
- Turmeric contains the anti-inflammatory property which reduces skin inflammation, swelling, redness, and pain due to acne.
- It is a natural analgesic, astringent, anti-tumor, anti-allergic, anti-spasmodic, appetizing agent. It cleanses the skin pores from toxins.
- The turmeric powder removes bacterial deposition in the skin pores with its antiseptic property.
These are the reasons why you should use turmeric for treating acne scars naturally. Now, let us discuss the ways of using turmeric acne treatment at home.
Home Remedies for Acne – Effective Ways to Use Turmeric for Acne Prevention
You can sue turmeric alone to get a clear skin free from acne. Or the combination of turmeric with other ingredients also helps you. Below are the best ways to use turmeric for treating acne faster.
Turmeric and Coconut Oil for Healing Acne
The home remedy for acne with turmeric and coconut oil helps to treat acne on the dry skin. The vitamin E of coconut oil clears the acne scars and retains skin moisture.
How to Cure Acne Quickly with Coconut Oil?
- Mix equal quantities of turmeric powder and coconut oil into a thick paste.
- Apply this turmeric face cream all over the skin.
- Rest for the whole night and then wash with warm water the next morning.
- Repeat the process every day to get rid of acne without scars.
[Read more: How to treat back acne scars?]
Turmeric Face Mask for Curing Acne
- Make a paste of turmeric powder by adding enough water to it.
- Apply this turmeric paste on the skin and let it dry.
- Wash off with water and pat the skin to dry.
- You can also use honey instead of water if you have dry skin.
- For treating cystic acne, boil 3 cups of water and 3 tbsp turmeric. Turn off the flame when it turns thick. Refrigerate the mixture and apply on the cystic acne. Cover with a gauze and change it every day to remove acne on the back.
[Read more: Lemon for acne scars]
Turmeric and Yogurt Mask for Acne Removal
- Combine one tsp turmeric powder and three tsp yogurt.
- Apply this turmeric mask on the affected skin.
- Let it dry completely and then wash with cool water.
- Then apply your regular moisturizer.
- Repeat the process regularly to cure acne naturally.
- You can also add two tsp rice flour for additional benefits.
[Also read home remedies for oily skin]
Acne Remedy with Tumeric and Sandalwood Cream
Here is one of the effective ways of utilizing turmeric for acne treatment. Turmeric kills bacteria, and milk moisturizes the skin. Meanwhile, sandalwood soothes your inflamed skin.
- Mix half tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp sandalwood powder, and enough milk to get a paste.
- Apply this acne removal cream and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the skin to dry.
- Repeat the process regularly to get rid of acne on neck quickly.
[Read more: Homemade toners for oily skin]
Get Rid of Acne and Dark Spots with Turmeric Olive Oil
- Mix 8 tbsp turmeric powder, 5 tbsps olive oil or sesame oil into a paste.
- Clean your face with water.
- Soak a cloth in hot water and place it on the face for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cloth, dry the skin and apply the natural acne remover cream on your face.
- Rest for the night and then wash off with water in the morning.
- Repeat the process regularly for curing acne on face overnight.
[Also read home remedies for pimples]
Best Acne Treatment for Teens – Turmeric and Lemon Juice
- Make a paste of 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it on the face and other skin areas with acne.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash with water.
- Pat the skin dry.
- Repeat the process every day to stop acne on chin and face.
[Read more: Can I use toothpaste on zits?]
DIY Face Pack with Aloe Vera and Turmeric for Acne
- Combine 1 tbsp turmeric powder, one tsp aloe vera gel, one tsp honey or witch hazel, half a tsp any essential oil.
- Wash the face and place a clean, warm washcloth on the face for a few minutes.
- This process helps to open up the skin pores.
- Take away the washcloth and then apply the mixture.
- Have a gentle massage with your fingers in circular motions.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process thrice a week to preventing face acne within a week.
Beauty Tips on Using Turmeric for Acne
- Always prefer pure and organic turmeric.
- Any excess consumption of turmeric can cause nausea and diarrhea.
- If you are a pregnant or under breastfeeding, then consult a doctor before using turmeric treatments for acne.
- Also when you are taking blood thinners or getting a surgery done, then stop using turmeric.
- Before starting to use the above remedies for acne with turmeric, make a patch test for allergy.
- If you develop any rashes, then avoid using turmeric powder.
- Also clarify with your doctor, whether the curcumin of turmeric interferes with your medications.
These are some of the tips while using turmeric for treating acne and pimples. Choose any of the best home remedies for acne with turmeric and use them regularly. As already said, make a patch test before trying them. Along with the use of turmeric for acne removal, control your diet and lead a stress-free life to avoid acne occurrence.
No More Acne with Turmeric!