- 1 Is toothpaste good for Acne?
- 1.1 How does toothpaste get rid of Pimples?
- 1.2 What kind of Toothpaste is best for Acne?
- 2 How to use Toothpaste for Pimples Breakouts
- 2.1 Toothpaste on Pimples
- 2.2 Do Baking Soda and Toothpaste works on Pimples?
- 2.3 Get Acne Free skin with Toothpaste and Cinnamon
- 2.4 Toothpaste and salt – A perfect Acne solution
- 2.5 Toothpaste and Garlic for treating Acne Spots
- 2.6 Toothpaste and Honey to help Pimples
- 2.7 More tips and precautions while using toothpaste for pimples
Toothpaste for Pimples: A small acne spot will whisk off all your beauty appearance. Whether it is small or big, no one will bear this situation. So, they try different creams to remove that spot. But what happens if they work? Instead of treating pimples they cause further irritation to the skin due to the presence of chemicals. Hence, it’s best to use home remedies for Acne. One such remedy is toothpaste. Here are the 5 best ways to treat Zits with toothpaste.
Is toothpaste good for Acne?
The inexpensive treatment for getting rid of Acne is Toothpaste. The reason why toothpaste is effective for treating pimples, it contains some ingredients which can help to combat with acne causing bacteria. Triclosan is the main component which is found in both Acne Treatment Products and Toothpaste. Even some studies found that Triclosan can kill Propionibacteria acnes, the acne causing bacteria. Therefore, toothpaste is good to treat Acne Scars.
How does toothpaste get rid of Pimples?
Just now we know that toothpaste work on Pimples. Now, look through the below points to get an idea about how does toothpaste help pimples.
- Toothpaste has clotting property. Hence, it prevents bacteria and further spreading of bacteria to other pores on the skin. As a result, the swelling and redness will be reduced.
- When you apply toothpaste on Acne, the pimples will get dry and shrinks. As a result, the swelling and redness will be reduced.
- The antibacterial properties and hydrogen peroxide present in Toothpaste destroys the bacteria that causes Acne.
- Toothpaste also contains silica which contains anti-inflammatory properties and hence heals Acne Scars effectively.
- The baking soda in it will exfoliate skin and removes the impurities by balancing skin’s PH level.
- Also, the bleaching action of toothpaste can help to cure dark spots on the skin.
What kind of Toothpaste is best for Acne?
In the market, we have different kinds of toothpaste with different ingredients. Hence, it’s important to choose the right kind of toothpaste for treating Acne and Pimples. Follow the below consideration before you choose toothpaste.
Identify ingredients of the toothpaste:
Before using toothpaste for pimples treatment, check if it contains Triclosan, Baking Soda, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Fluoride, Menthol, Hydrogen peroxide or not. You can also go for mint based toothpaste.
Prefer white colored toothpaste:
White colored toothpaste are good for acne treatment rather than red, green, blue stripes. The main reason behind this is the ingredients which make pimples to dry such as hydrogen peroxide, triclosan, baking soda are present in white color of toothpaste. Moreover, the colored part contains skin irritation causing ingredients. Hence, it’s best to choose white colored toothpaste and avoid artificial colors.
Avoid Gel based Toothpaste:
Most of us show interest on a gel like toothpaste because they are attractive. Even though they good for teeth but not acceptable for Pimples treatment. This is because they have the different formulation and doesn’t contain any ingredients which dry out pimples. Hence, it’s better to avoid them.
Don’t opt teeth whitening toothpaste:
Teeth whitening toothpaste consists of bleaching agents which can burn your skin by leaving patches on the skin. This is true for dark skin people because the high melanin in those people skin makes it more reactive. Thereby, the dark skin tone people are more prone to Pimples and Blemishes. But it might be reverse for fair skin people because they contain less melanin. Therefore, whitening teeth toothpaste is not recommendable one for treating Acne and Blackheads.
Toothpaste with low fluoride is good:
About 95% of the toothpaste contains fluoride because it helps to prevent dental plaque and gum disease. But, topical use of fluoride toothpaste may cause irritation to the skin. Sometimes rashes or dermatitis may also appear. Hence, it’s best to take low fluoride toothpaste.
Select organic toothpaste:
For treating Pimples, organic toothpaste is the best choice. Because they don’t contain pesticides, heavy fluoride, and any other chemicals. Apart from these, those toothpastes are composed with ingredients which dry pimples effectively. The ingredients such as tea tree oil, baking soda, eucalyptus oil, aloe vera, witch hazel, etc.
[Read more: Home remedies for hair fall control]
How to use Toothpaste for Pimples Breakouts
Acne, the most common skin problem for both men and women. The main cause of Acne is the production of excess sebum by the sebaceous glands. To get rid of pimples, toothpaste is one of the home remedies. The characteristics such as antibacterial and cleaning properties of toothpaste work on pimples effectively. Also, it absorbs the excess oil and dries out the pimples fastly. But remember, toothpaste is only an emergency treatment for Acne. Regular use of toothpaste can cause patches on the dry skin. Hence, don’t use toothpaste for the whole face as a face pack. Here are the 5 best natural ways to use toothpaste on Acne Spots.
Toothpaste on Pimples
Wash your face clearly
Before using any face cream or acne fight product, it’s important to clean your face. Otherwise, the dirt particles that accumulate on your skin will lessen the effectiveness of Pimples treatment. So, wash your face with natural facial cleanser and lukewarm water.
Apply a little amount of toothpaste on Acne Blemishes
Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste on your index finger. Usually, a pea-sized amount is enough for treating pimples. While applying make sure that you apply the toothpaste on the pimple or surrounding area. Because it may cause irritation and results in redness on the skin. Hence, don’t apply toothpaste around the skin of pimples.
How long to keep toothpaste on Pimple?
Some people have doubt that “Can I keep toothpaste on pimples overnight?”. Since some people have sensitive skin that may lead to irritation. While some people skin will support to toothpaste. Hence, the answer to the above query is not definitely Yes. First, put toothpaste on Zits, if you don’t feel any burning sensation, you can leave toothpaste for another 2 to 3 hours. Otherwise, remove the toothpaste from your skin. You can also leave toothpaste on Acne Scars overnight. This remedy can help for instant removal pimples.
Rinse it off gently
When your pimple dries, use a washcloth to remove the traces of toothpaste on your skin. Do this method gently, too much rubbing will make your skin hard and damage. Once all the toothpaste has removed, splash some lukewarm water on your face and then pat dry with a soft towel. If you feel that the skin is tight and dry, apply moisturizer. This makes your skin moisturize and helps to avoid clogging of pores. You can also apply ice before moisturizing the skin.
[Read more: Home remedies for glowing skin]
Do Baking Soda and Toothpaste works on Pimples?
Toothpaste along with baking soda is also beneficial to get rid of Acne Scars. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda help to clear pimples fastly.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Toothpaste – 1/2 tsp.
- Water – 2 tsp.
How to use baking soda and toothpaste for Acne Cure?
- Mix all the mentioned ingredients until to get a smooth form of a paste.
- Now apply a thin layer of this toothpaste on pimples.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Repeat the process regularly until you get rid of pimples.
[Also read: Home remedies for dry skin]
Get Acne Free skin with Toothpaste and Cinnamon
Can I put a mixture of cinnamon and toothpaste on pimples? Obviously, the cinnamon has antibacterial properties which can destroy bacteria that causes Acne. In addition to, it also open the clogged pores and dries out the Pimples. Hence, use cinnamon and toothpaste for Pimples.
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp.
- Toothpaste – 2 tbsps.
How to use cinnamon and toothpaste on Acne?
- Take the specified quantities of cinnamon powder and toothpaste and mix them well.
- Put this mixture directly on the pimples.
- Allow the blend to settle on Acne for 10 minutes.
- After, rinse it off with water and pat dry.
- Continue this remedy daily until all your pimples go away.
- Some skins are not suitable for this home remedy because it may hurt you. Hence, whenever you feel irritation and pain with this treatment, rinse the toothpaste suddenly.
[Also read: Home remedies for dehydration]
Toothpaste and salt – A perfect Acne solution
Salt is an excellent remedy for killing bacteria by balancing the PH and oil on the skin. Also, the gritty nature of this ingredient makes it act as a good exfoliating agent. It removes impurities and excess oil from skin pores. Hence, use toothpaste for pimples.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Toothpaste – 1 tbsp.
How to use salt and toothpaste on Zits?
- Put together salt and toothpaste stir them well.
- Now, place this mixture on zits.
- Scrub for 5 to 10 minutes gently.
- After, clean your face with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this home remedy for Acne regularly.
[Read more: How to get rid of dark circles]
Toothpaste and Garlic for treating Acne Spots
Garlic has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it kills the bacteria that causes Acne and reduce inflammation, irritation, and redness. So, use toothpaste for pimples cure.
- Garlic clove – 1.
- Toothpaste – 1/2 tbsp.
How to make garlic and toothpaste blend for Acne Cure?
- Mash one garlic clove and include a little amount of toothpaste to it.
- Dab a small amount of this concoction onto your pimples.
- Leave the paste for 5 minutes.
- Then, rinse it with water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat this method daily to get rid of pimples.
[Read more: More home remedies for pimples]
Toothpaste and Honey to help Pimples
Toothpaste alone is good for treating Acne. For added benefit, you can also add honey to the toothpaste. Honey consist of anti-bacterial and healing properties. Therefore, it can help to reduce the irritation and burning sensation caused due to toothpaste.
- Toothpaste – 1 tbsp.
- Honey – 1/2 tsp.
How to prepare Acne cream with toothpaste and honey?
- Mix toothpaste and honey in enough amounts.
- Take a little amount of this blend onto your finger and apply on each and every pimple.
- After 20 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water.
- This method will support for any skin.
[Also read: Apple cider vinegar to lose weight]
More tips and precautions while using toothpaste for pimples
Since toothpaste doesn’t suit for all faces, it’s necessary to follow some precautions. Just have a look at the below tips.
- If you have sensitive and dry skin, avoid using toothpaste for pimples.
- Before using toothpaste on zits, do the patch test to check whether it supports to your or not.
- If you identify any allergic reaction during patch test, don’t use toothpaste for pimples.
- People with dry skin should not leave toothpaste for more than 10 minutes on the skin. Because it may cause redness, itching, and inflammation.
- Since toothpaste cause burning sensation, prefer this remedy occasionally when you want to cure pimples overnight.
- To prevent Acne and Zits, include fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
- Also, drink 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated. This tip helps to flush out harmful toxins out of the body.
- Avoid consuming foods that contain excess sugar and carbohydrates.
- Reduce your stress by yoga, breathing exercises, and meditation.
These are the natural ways to cure Acne with Toothpaste. Try them and get a clear and Pimple free face. But when you feel irritation or when you pimples breakout by using toothpaste, contact dermatologist.