- 1 Benefits of Applying Tomato for Oily Skin
- 2 How to Use Tomato for Oily Skin? Instant Home Remedies for Oily Skin Care
- 2.1 DIY Ripe Tomato Face Mask for Oily Skin – Best Face Wash to Control Oily Skin
- 2.2 Tomato and Sugar Scrub to Cure Oily Skin – Easy Oily Skin Care Routine
- 2.3 Lemon and Tomato Facial for Dull Oily Skin
- 2.4 DIY Face Pack with Tomato and Yogurt for Oily Skin
- 2.5 Homemade Beauty Tips with Honey and Tomato for Oily Skin
- 2.6 Natural Remedy for Oily Skin with Tomato and Avocado
- 2.7 Simple Homemade Tomato and Oatmeal Remedies for Oily Skin
How to Use Tomato for Oily Skin: Oily skin is a great challenge in our daily routine. The sebaceous glands under the skin produce oils to moisturize the skin. But for some reasons, the production of oils is increased which leads to oily skin. The causes of oily skin include hormonal changes, pollution, excessive oil production by the sebaceous glands, improper diet, etc.
The skin pores get clogged with the excessive oils and lead to acne and pimples. However, with some natural methods to cure oily skin, you can get a healthy glowing skin. A valuable and ubiquitous kitchen ingredient that treats oily skin is the tomato. So, look at the tomato benefits for treating oily skin naturally.
Benefits of Applying Tomato for Oily Skin
- The tomatoes contain salicylic acid which acts as a natural exfoliator. Moreover, it removes excess oil, dead skin cells, toxins, and dirt from the skin.
- Tomatoes possess the astringent properties which soothe the skin inflammation and reduces oiliness of the skin.
- A regular use of tomatoes let the sebaceous glands control their oil production and prevent oily skin. Additionally, the acidic levels of tomatoes maintain the skin pH level.
So, these are the reasons why you should use tomatoes on your skin. Have a glance at the easy home remedies for oily skin with tomatoes in the below section.
How to Use Tomato for Oily Skin? Instant Home Remedies for Oily Skin Care
DIY Ripe Tomato Face Mask for Oily Skin – Best Face Wash to Control Oily Skin
An effective natural remedy for oily skin is the ripe tomato. You can just rub a tomato slice on the face for a few minutes and wash your skin after it dries. The other way of using tomato for oily skin treatment is the following.
How to use tomato for clear skin?
- Blend a medium sized tomato into a puree.
- Wash the face with a cleanser and pat the face dry.
- Then apply this tomato mask on the face and neck.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat this oily skin cleansing process every day to get complete relief from oily skin.
[Read more: Natural skin whitening treatments]
Tomato and Sugar Scrub to Cure Oily Skin – Easy Oily Skin Care Routine
This home remedy for oily skin is one of the best exfoliators that can remove dirt, oils, dead skin cells from the skin. Thereby it reduces oily skin on the face.
Tomato Sugar Scrub Recipe for Reducing Skin Oiliness
- Make a paste out of a medium sized tomato by crushing it.
- Then add 1 tbsp sugar to the paste and mix well.
- Now, apply this natural scrub for oily skin on the face and neck.
- Gently massage with the fingers for nearly 10 minutes.
- Rest for another 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times in a week to get rid of oily skin easily.
[Also read the tips to get instant fairness]
Lemon and Tomato Facial for Dull Oily Skin
Lemon is a natural astringent which controls sebum production and prevents oily skin, acne permanently. The vitamin C of lemon also promotes a healthy skin cells growth. Look at the process of using lemon and tomato for oily skin treatment.
Oily Face Treatment with Tomato and Lemon
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice to the juice of a ripe tomato.
- Apply this oily skin face wash with a cotton ball.
- Let the solution for oily skin dry completely and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the oily skin treatment daily.
[Read more: Benefits of Yogurt for Skin]
DIY Face Pack with Tomato and Yogurt for Oily Skin
The plain yogurt contains lactic acid which acts as a natural exfoliator. It helps to get rid of oily skin by removing dead skin cells, dirt, sebum from the pores and also moisturizes the skin.
Home Remedy for Oily skin with Yogurt and Tomato
- Mix 2 tbsp fresh yogurt and tomato puree with a spoon.
- Apply this oily skin cure on the face and neck evenly.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the tomato facial treatment once for every two days to treat greasy skin naturally at home.
Homemade Beauty Tips with Honey and Tomato for Oily Skin
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of honey treat acne due to oily skin problem. Moreover, it also removes excess oils from the skin and maintains proper moisture.
How to Make Your Face Free from Oil and Acne?
- Add 1 tbsp honey to the smooth paste of a medium sized tomato.
- Apply this oily skin face mask evenly on the face and neck.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a week to get rid of oily skin forever.
[Read more: Benefits of honey for chapped lips]
Natural Remedy for Oily Skin with Tomato and Avocado
If you have dry skin or lack of moisture, it may also be a trigger for oily skin. Avocado contains the monounsaturated fatty acids that moisturize the skin and controls the oil production by sebaceous glands. So, it is the best idea to use avocado and tomato for oily skin prevention.
DIY Face Cream for Oily Skin
- Make a paste of 1/4 th cup ripe avocado and add the pulp of half a tomato.
- Apply this oily skin mask on the face and massage for 5 minutes.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat using this oily skin toner thrice a week to prevent oily skin permanently.
[Read more: How tomato is good for acne removal?]
Simple Homemade Tomato and Oatmeal Remedies for Oily Skin
Oatmeal contains the saponin which absorbs the excess oil, sebum, dirt from the skin pores. Thereby, it cleanses the skin and gives an oil free skin.
How to Stop Skin from Getting Oily?
- Make a paste of 2 medium sized tomatoes and add 2 tbsp oatmeal.
- Apply the oatmeal scrub on the face and neck.
- Gently massage the scrub with the fingertips in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat using this natural cleanser for oily skin few times a week to get rid of oily skin overnight.
So, these are some of the proven ways to use tomato for oily skin. Choose the best treatment for oily skin and moreover make use of it regularly to control oil on face naturally and faster too.