- 1 Benefits of Sugar for Hair Removal or The Sugaring Hair Removal
- 2 How to Make the Sugaring Hair Removal Paste at Home?
- 2.1 Sugaring Hair Removal Mask with Lemon Juice
- 2.2 Peel Off Mask with Egg White and Sugar for Hair Removal at Home
- 2.3 DIY Body Sugaring Hair Removal Mask with Honey
- 2.4 Homemade Lemon Honey Sugar Wax to Remove Hair on Body
- 2.5 Tips and Precautions to Use Sugaring Hair Removal Methods
Sugaring Hair Removal: Women expect a soft hairless skin always. Hormonal imbalances, certain medications, irregular menstrual cycle, pregnancy, etc. causes abnormal hair growth on your body. An abnormal hair growth, in medical terms, is known as Hirsutism. Many techniques of hair removal like waxing, shaving, threading are in the process now. These methods are less expensive already but might show some side effects. The effects include pain, ingrown hairs, skin rashes, etc.
The cost effective, side effects free hair removal techniques are nothing but the home remedies for unwanted hair. One of those ingredients mostly used to remove unwanted hair is the sugar. People use sugar in the form of sugaring or sugar waxing for removing unwanted hair. But why should you use sugar irrespective of the other ingredients?
[Read more: Natural tips for facial hair removal]
Benefits of Sugar for Hair Removal or The Sugaring Hair Removal
- The sugar waxing process involves less pain than the spa waxing.
- This is a chemical free home remedy for hair removal.
- When you apply the sugar syrup or gel, it sticks to the hair whereas a wax sticks to the skin.
- However, when you peel the gel, it removes the hair from the roots.
- You can apply this for any number of times to remove any missing hair.
- A frequent application of sugar waxing stops hair growth permanently.
[Also read home remedies for unwanted hair removal]
How to Make the Sugaring Hair Removal Paste at Home?
Sugaring Hair Removal Mask with Lemon Juice
The recipe of sugaring with lemon juice is moreover, similar to the spa waxing. It is a non-toxic method. So, it is suitable for sensitive skin too. The results that you obtain with this hair removal technique are long lasting than shaving. You do not need any cloth strips like in waxing.
Natural Ways to Remove Unwanted Hair
- Add 2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/8 cup water in a non-stick saucepan.
- Boil the mixture and measure the temperature of 240 degrees.
- Once, it reaches 240 degrees, then turn off the flame.
- Pour the hair removal sugar wax into a glass container and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Clean the skin with hair and pat it dry.
- Then apply a talcum or a baby powder on the skin.
- Spread the sugar mixture on the hair.
- Remove the mask in the opposite direction of hair after a few minutes.
- Then wipe the skin with a wet cloth and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat the process whenever required.
If a candy meter is not available to you, then remove the pan from flame when it starts changing the color to brown or golden. And, if the mixture is too hard to apply, then add some water and heat it once to get a smooth pasty consistency. You can use this natural body hair removal method on legs, face, underarms, hands, back, bikini area too.
[Read more: Ways to use lemon for dark neck]
Peel Off Mask with Egg White and Sugar for Hair Removal at Home
Similar to sugar, egg white sticks to the hair. It is very easy to peel it off once it gets dried. A sharp pain might trouble you, but it is very effective in removing facial hair. It removes the hair from the roots.
Permanent Facial Hair Removal with Egg White
- Whisk an egg white and add 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp corn flour to it.
- Mix well and apply this hair removing mask on the face and wait till it dries for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Then firmly peel off the egg mask from the face.
- Repeat the facial hair removing process twice or thrice a week to remove facial hair completely.
[Read more: How to get rid of dry hair naturally?]
DIY Body Sugaring Hair Removal Mask with Honey
A very easy and effective treatment for unwanted hair on face, hands, and legs is here. This involves the use of sugar crystals and honey which works wonders in removing unwanted hair instantly.
How to Make Sugar Honey Hair Removal Mask?
- Mix 2 tsp sugar, one tsp honey, and water.
- Heat them in a microwave or on a stove for half a minute.
- Let the hair removal sugar paste cool down to room temperature.
- Spread the hair remover on the skin with hair using a spatula.
- Then place a cloth or a wax strip on the mixture and press it gently.
- Firmly pull off the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the natural hair removal process whenever required.
[Read more: how honey helps to cure chapped lips?]
Homemade Lemon Honey Sugar Wax to Remove Hair on Body
This is a sugaring hair removal wax mostly used in parlors. It removes fine to a thick hair on any part of the body. You need a cloth or the wax strips to remove unwanted hair. It is not suitable for a sensitive skin as it is a painful waxing process like in spas.
How to Make Your Own Wax for Permanent Hair Removal?
- Add 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp honey, and lemon juice.
- Heat them for 3 minutes until you get a smooth paste.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Clean the skin, pat it dry, and dust the skin with cornstarch or all-purpose flour.
- Then spread the hair remover in the direction of hair growth using a spatula.
- Place a cloth or a strip and press it gently.
- Pull the strip at a stretch in the opposite direction of the hair.
- Wipe the skin with a wet cloth and pat it dry.
- Use this sugar waxing process whenever necessary.
[Read more: How to use onion juice for hair loss?]
Tips and Precautions to Use Sugaring Hair Removal Methods
While using the above methods of body, facial hair removal, one should follow certain tips to get effective results. Here are the tips to remove hair safely and quickly.
- Before starting to use the unwanted hair removal processes, steam the area where you need to take off the hair. Because steaming opens up the skin pores and makes it easier to remove hair.
- Prefer white sugar to brown sugar for sugaring hair.
- If you observe any dryness on the skin after removing unwanted hair on the skin, then apply your moisturizer. You can choose coconut oil, shea butter, or cocoa butter to moisturize.
- Before trying the above hair removal treatments, make a patch test on a small area to check sensitivity.
Use any of the above sugaring hair removal processes to remove unwanted hair on face, legs, hands, etc. Share your experience with us in the below comment section.
Body Sugaring. The New Smooth.
Enhance Your Looks and Your Life.