- 1 How to Treat Strep Throat Naturally? Home Remedies for Strep Throat
- 1.1 Homemade Medicine for Strep Throat Relief – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.2 Does Salt Water Gargling Help Strep Throat?
- 1.3 Natural Remedy for Sore Throat with Sage, Lemon, Salt
- 1.4 Strep Throat Infection Home Remedies – Peppermint Oil
- 1.5 Strep Throat Medication with Onions
- 1.6 Cure Strep Throat With Garlic and Cinnamon
- 1.7 Recover from Strep Throat Pain with Amla
- 1.8 Tulsi for Strep Throat Treatment
Strep Throat Treatment at Home: Strep throat is a painful throat infection which makes us difficult to swallow or drink. Usually, it is caused due to bacteria called Group A Streptococcus. The medical term that refers to strep throat is Streptococcal Pharyngitis that affects the tonsils, larynx, and pharynx.
The symptoms of strep throat are difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, redness in the tonsils, white patches on the throat, fever, stomach ache, vomiting, sore throat. In some cases, you can also observe red spots and rashes on the skin. The strep throat signs and symptoms are little confusable because they are similar to a sore throat and tonsillitis symptoms.
People with all age groups can suffer strep throat but Children between ages 5 and 15 are more prone to strep throat infection. Is strep throat contagious? Yes, it can spread from one person to another and most frequently happens in the winter. Strep throat home treatment can stop the spreading of illness to other people. If we don’t treat strep throat pictures initially, it can turn to severe health complications such as kidney inflammation and rheumatic fever.
Luckily, we have many home remedies for strep throat cure. Look through the article to know the best proven natural remedies to get rid of strep throat easily.
How to Treat Strep Throat Naturally? Home Remedies for Strep Throat
Homemade Medicine for Strep Throat Relief – Apple Cider Vinegar
The most useful home remedy for various health issues including strep throat is apple cider vinegar. The antibacterial and healing properties present in apple cider vinegar help to kill bacteria that causes strep throat. Also, it boosts the immune system to fight with throat infections. Hence, use apple cider vinegar for treating strep throat naturally at home.
How to Relieve Strep Throat Pain with ACV?
- Add 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar to 8 oz warm water.
- Use this liquid as a strep throat mouth wash.
- Repeat using this strep throat treatment for 4 or 5 times in a day until your throat pain cures.
Another Way To Get Rid Of a Strep Throat with ACV
- Mix 1/4th cup of organic apple cider vinegar and 16 oz water.
- Drink this solution slowly for several times in a day.
- The result will be slow, but sure it treats strep throat effectively.
[Read more: Benefits of apple cider vinegar for a sore throat]
Does Salt Water Gargling Help Strep Throat?
Another home remedy for strep throat pain is gargling with salt water. The soothing effect of warm salt water helps to relieve strep throat pain. It also reduces the inflammation by destroying the bacteria that cause strep throat. So, use this natural way to cure strep throat.
Soothe a Recurring Sore Throat Fastly with Salt Water
- Mix one-half tsp of salt to one cup of warm water.
- Stir well until the salt dissolves in the water.
- Gargle with this strep throat mouthwash for few seconds and then spit it out.
- Do this home cure for strep throat for one or two days to get rid of strep throat.
[Read more: How to Treat Tooth Abscess Instantly?]
Natural Remedy for Sore Throat with Sage, Lemon, Salt
Another strep throat home remedy is ready with sage, salt, and lemon concoction. Sage will limit the growth of throat infection causing bacteria and also reduces inflammation, protects soft tissues in the throat and respiratory system. While salt reduces the burning sensation, irritation in the throat. Lemon soothes your strep throat pain quickly. Hence, use this combo for curing strep throat.
How to Prevent Strep Throat at Home Itself?
- Blend 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 cup of sage tea, and juice from a half lemon.
- Stir the solution well and use this strep throat medicine for gargling.
- Gargle for at least 3 times in a day to alleviate the bacteria away.
- Daily usage of this strep throat home remedy can help to relieve throat pain.
[Also read the ways to get rid of a bad cough]
Strep Throat Infection Home Remedies – Peppermint Oil
Essential oils also help for treating strep throat at home. One in those best essential oils for strep throat treatment is peppermint oil. It treats the respiratory infections thereby reduce the swelling in your throat. Due to the presence of menthol, peppermint oil has a calming effect and a cooling sensation. So, it cures severe strep throat pain.
Treat Strep Throat Rash Pictures with Peppermint
- To get rid of body rash with strep throat, add 1 or 2 drops of peppermint oil to a glass of water.
- Else, include peppermint oil to your toothpaste for treating strep throat.
- For topical application, apply 1 or 2 drops of this essential oil to your chest, temples, and throat.
Strep Throat Medication with Onions
Onion is another strep throat treatment that relieves a strep throat infection. They are naturally antiseptic and antibacterial in nature. So, look at the procedure to use onions for treating a severe throat infection.
Natural Treatment of Strep Throat
- Grate some onions and chew them to cure a strep throat.
- If you cannot handle the spice, then make the juice of onion and dilute it with water.
- Gargle this solution several times a day to get rid of strep throat faster.
[Read more: How to control a stuffy nose?]
Cure Strep Throat With Garlic and Cinnamon
Here is one more strep throat treatment at home. Both the garlic and cinnamon contain the natural antiseptic properties. They kill strep throat causing bacteria.
How to Get Rid of Strep Throat Naturally?
- Add 1 tsp grated ginger, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder to a cup of warm water.
- Drink this solution regularly to treat strep throat effectively.
Recover from Strep Throat Pain with Amla
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is also one of the strep throat infection natural remedies. Being rich in Vitamin C, it helps to strengthen the immune system to fight with throat infections. Hence, it is the best solution for healing strep throat at home.
Prevent strep throat with amla
- Grate amla and soak it in the cup of warm water.
- Allow the solution for 5 minutes and strain it.
- Then, drink this medicine to cure strep throat naturally at home.
Tulsi for Strep Throat Treatment
The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties in tulsi leaves help to cure strep throat.
Soothe strep throat naturally
- Take 4-5 fresh tulsi leaves and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a cup of water and include these leaves for a few minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow it steep for 5 minutes.
- Sip slowly, chewing the leaves.
- Drink this tea at least 4-5 times a day.
These are the home remedies for strep throat. Use them regularly and relieve throat pain.