- 1 What is the Best Sinus Infection Treatment? Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- 1.1 Easy Ways to Use Garlic for Sinus Relief
- 1.2 Natural Ways to Relive Sinus Pressure - Hot compress
- 1.3 Apple Cider Vinegar Cure for Sinusitis
- 1.4 Top Natural Cures for Sinus Infection with Essential Oils
- 1.5 DIY Home Remedies for Chronic Sinus Infection Treatment - Turmeric
- 1.6 Acupressure Points for Sinus Problems
- 1.7 Dietary Recommendations to Reduce Sinusitis
- 1.8 Tips for Sinus Infection Prevention
Sinus Infection Treatment: Again a seasonal change and it's your nose that frightens you with sinusitis or sinus infection. There are millions of people that suffer from either an acute or chronic sinus infection. Are you the one among them who search for the best home remedies for sinusitis relief? Then you are at the right place where you're about to discover the list of easy sinus infection remedies to relieve pain and discomfort.
The sinuses of our nasal cavities produce mucus to protect the nasal passage from pollutants and allergens. When the tissues of sinuses get inflamed due to cold or allergies, it causes the sinus infection. Generally, there are two types of sinus infection namely, acute sinusitis and chronic sinusitis.
Acute sinusitis lasts for about four weeks, and then chronic sinusitis lasts for a year or more. Coming to the effects of sinusitis, it blocks your sinuses, traps air, and mucus. This lead to the sinus infection symptoms like facial pain, pressure, thick, discolored mucus, sinus headache. So, to get rid of the symptoms of sinusitis or for treating and preventing the sinus infection, home remedies are the best. Since no one likes to fill the bloodstream with antibiotics, antihistamines that the doctor prescribe.
What is the Best Sinus Infection Treatment? Home Remedies for Sinusitis
Easy Ways to Use Garlic for Sinus Relief
Here is the natural sinus infection treatment with garlic. Because garlic kills the sinus infection causing bacteria and fungi.
How to Get Rid of Sinus Infection Quickly with Garlic?
- Boil enough water and add 3 to 4 crushed garlic cloves.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over the bowl.
- Inhale the steam as it will thin the mucus that is clogging your nasal passage.
- Repeat the garlic remedy for sinusitis whenever necessary to relieve sinus pressure.
Garlic Tea for Sinus Infection
- Boil 2 to 3 cloves of garlic in one cup of water.
- Add half a tsp turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Remove the flame.
- Pour it into a glass and drink.
- Repeat this sinus infection remedy with garlic to cure sinus infection permanently.
You can also eat raw garlic cloves or garlic bread or pizzas to get relief from the sinus infection. Avoid using this garlic home remedy for treating sinus infection in children.
[Read more: How to get rid of snoring naturally?]
Natural Ways to Relive Sinus Pressure - Hot compress
Hot compress is an instant sinus infection treatment. It provides instant relief from sinus pain, headaches, and nasal congestion. However, this is the most used treatment for sinus infection.
Treating Sinusitis with Hot Compress
- Dip a towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the towel on your forehead and nose.
- Leave it on until the towel loses its temperature.
- You can also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or menthol oil to get additional benefits.
[Also read apple cider vinegar for weight loss]
Apple Cider Vinegar Cure for Sinusitis
ACV is one of the quick home remedies for sinus infection treatment. It clears off the stuffy nose, sore throat, and lightens the mucus instantly. You can also try the ACV tablets to treat sinusitis.
Natural Way to Clear a Sinus Infection
- Mix equal quantities of organic apple cider vinegar and water.
- Boil this mixture for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over the bowl.
- Inhale the steam as it will thin the mucus layer and cleanses the nasal passages.
An alternative method of apple cider vinegar for severe sinus infection is to heat a cup of water and add 2 tbsp ACV and 1 tbsp of raw honey. Drink this solution thrice a day to treat infected sinuses.
[Read more: How to treat ear infection at home?]
Top Natural Cures for Sinus Infection with Essential Oils
The eucalyptus essential oil fights the infection and strengthens the respiratory system. Hence, you can consider eucalyptus oil as the best sinus infection treatment.
How to Use Eucalyptus Aromatherapy for Sinus Congestion?
- Pour a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a cloth.
- Place it on your face and inhale slowly.
- You can also put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on your pillow to relieve sinus infection symptoms. Thereby, you will enjoy a peaceful sleep.
[Also read the natural cure for ear pain]
DIY Home Remedies for Chronic Sinus Infection Treatment - Turmeric
Turmeric contains a substance of curcumin which reduces sinus inflammation. Moreover, the curcumin also helps to heal sinus cavity and clear your airways.
Homemade Medicines for Sinusitis Complications
- Add the turmeric spice to your regular cooking.
- You can also take the tablets of turmeric for curing acute sinus infections.
[Read more: Benefits of turmeric for acne removal]
Acupressure Points for Sinus Problems
Apply a gentle pressure on both sides of the nose and between your eyebrows with your finger pads. Doing this can alleviate sinus pain and reduces inflammation of sinuses. Additionally, it improves the blood circulation to the sinuses. To make a proper acupressure for the sinus infection, consult a specialist.
Dietary Recommendations to Reduce Sinusitis
Whatever may be the health issue, a proper diet plan plays a major part in the treatment. Eating the specified foods can help the body to fight infection and prevent it.
Foods to Eat to Cure Sinus Infection
- Add ginger, garlic, onions, and hot chilies to your regular cooking. They help to clear the nasal passages and thereby relieves nasal congestion.
- Drink more normal water but not cool water to hydrate your body. This prevents the sinus infection by draining excess mucus.
- Eat the foods rich in anti-inflammatory properties and vitamin A. The foods like carrots, mangoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli are rich in vitamin A.
- A regular intake of herbal tea help to flush out the toxins and removes excess mucus. However, they help to relieve sinus infection pain and inflammation without a surgery.
Foods to Avoid for Sinusitis Treatment
- Dairy products.
- Highly processed foods.
- Highly refined white sugar and flour.
All these foods cause infection to the sinuses and increase mucus secretions.
Tips for Sinus Infection Prevention
- Get a proper medication at the first sign of cold or allergies. This prevents sinus infection occurrence.
- Stay away from pollution and chemicals which emit strong fumes. Because they worsen the signs of sinus infection.
- Get plenty of sleep, fresh air and avoid stress which is an indirect sinus infection treatment.
- Maintain proper postures while sleeping. Elevate your head and sleep as this may help sinus drainage.
- Make a habit of exercising regularly as it is the best sinus blockage treatment.
- Take hot shower baths to get an instant sinusitis relief.
- As bacteria is one of the most common causes of sinusitis, make a habit of washing your hands to prevent viral and bacterial infections.
So, these are some of the natural remedies for sinus infection. Make use of them regularly to find a change in your suffering from blocked sinus. But before starting to use the above sinus infection treatments, ensure that your doctor gives a thumbs up.