- 1 How to Prevent Split Ends Naturally at Home?
- 1.1 Hot Oil Massage for Treating Hair Split Ends
- 1.2 Homemade Aloe Vera Gel to Prevent Split Ends
- 1.3 Egg Hair Mask for Split Ends Removal
- 1.4 Does Castor Oil Prevents Split End?
- 1.5 Honey Remedy for Split Ends
- 1.6 Papaya Pack for Split Ends Treatment
- 1.7 Natural Home Remedy for Split Ends Free Hair with Avocado
- 2 Tips and Precautions To Prevent Split Ends Hair
How to Prevent Split Ends: One of the most common problems faced by women is the split ends. They make the hair look dull and less attractive. Factors like lack of nourishments, less moisture, hair styling products, damages the hair protective layer called cuticle. This causes split ends or the multiple splits at the ends of the hair. Those with frizzy, dry hair are most likely to develop split ends.
Trimming your hair is one of the best ways to remove split ends. If you leave them without trimming, the hair starts splitting all way long and leads to hair fall. After trimming, you need to follow some home remedies for split ends to prevent the recurrence of split ends. The following split ends remedies are effective in strengthening the hair strands and also nourishes dead ends in the hair.
How to Prevent Split Ends Naturally at Home?
Hot Oil Massage for Treating Hair Split Ends
One of the main causes of split ends in the hair is a lack of moisture. So, conditioning the hair with hot oils is the best remedy for split ends. It helps to restore the moisture of the hair shaft. Finally, it helps to prevent hair splits. Use any of the essential oils like castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc. to condition the damaged hair and to stop split ends.
How to Fix Split Ends Naturally?
- Heat any of the natural oils for a few seconds.
- Gently massage the oil into the scalp and along the splitting hairs.
- Rest for nearly 45 minutes and then wash the hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the natural split ends treatment 1 to 2 times a week.
[Read more: Natural Dry Scalp Treatment]
Homemade Aloe Vera Gel to Prevent Split Ends
Aloe vera is one of the natural moisturizing agents. It’s hydrating natures moisturizes the hair naturally. It also reduces hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
- Extract the aloe vera gel on the scalp and hair till the ends.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then wash off with shampoo and water.
- Repeat the split ends cure 2 to 3 times a week to repair split ends overnight.
Egg Hair Mask for Split Ends Removal
One of the rich sources of protein and fatty acids is an egg. Hair stays healthy only when it is supplied with enough protein. Eggs help to provide protein and strengthen the cuticle of the hair. The fatty acids leave the hair soft and prevent split ends.
Get Rid of Split Ends with Egg Mask
- Whisk the yolk of an egg and add 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp honey to it.
- Apply this best conditioner for split ends on the damp hair.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then wash off with shampoo and water.
- Repeat the split ends repairing treatment regularly.
[Read more: How to grow hair on bald head naturally?]
Does Castor Oil Prevents Split End?
Castor oil is one among the simple home remedies for split ends. It is rich in vitamin E, minerals, proteins, omega fatty acids that are helpful for maintaining healthy hair. Castor oil contains the ricinoleic that increase the blood circulation to the scalp and strengthens hair roots, prevents breaking hair.
How to Apply Castor Oil to Prevent Split Ends?
- Mix enough amounts of castor oil, mustard oil, olive oil and massage the oil into the scalp and hair till the damaged ends.
- Wrap a towel or a shower cap and rest for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off the hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat using the solution for split ends thrice a week to get rid of dry ends of the hair.
Honey Remedy for Split Ends
Honey locks the moisture of the hair with its humectant property. Thereby, honey makes the hair smooth and gives a splits free hair.
How to Get Rid of Split Ends without Cutting?
- Add 2 tbsp honey to 4 cups of water.
- Wash the hair with a shampoo and water.
- Then rinse the hair with this split ends serum and rest for a few minutes.
- Then wash the hair normally with water.
- Repeat using this natural split ends remover cream once every week to prevent split ends.
[Read more: How to use coconut oil for chapped lips?]
Papaya Pack for Split Ends Treatment
Papaya is a rich pack of vitamins, enzymes, minerals that reduce hair thinning. It also makes the hair shiny and helps to prevent split ends faster naturally. Look at the procedure of using the papaya home remedy for split ends curing.
Home Hair Treatments for Split Ends with Papaya
- Blend the pieces of a ripe papaya and yogurt into a pulpy paste.
- Apply this conditioner for split ends on the scalp and hair.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the hair splitting treatment regularly to get rid of split ends easily at home.
[Also read how to get instant fairness with papaya]
Natural Home Remedy for Split Ends Free Hair with Avocado
Avocado is one of those effective home remedies for split ends that conditions the hair deeply. It contains protein, folic acid, vitamins, fatty acids to nourish the hair and prevent split ends.
How to Remove Split Ends with Avocado?
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and coconut oil to the pulp of one avocado and mix well.
- Apply this hair conditioning pack to the hair and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Then wash the hair with a shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a week to reduce hair splitting.
Tips and Precautions To Prevent Split Ends Hair
Along with the use of the above split ends home remedies, one should follow some basic tips for removing split ends for the hair. The following tips ensure you a splits free hair.
- Do not use the hair dryer at high temperature. Use it on a cool setting.
- Use a wide-tooth brush to remove the hair tangles.
- Avoid brushing the hair when it is wet as it may break the hair strands.
- A vigorous brushing of the hair leads to damage so, handle the hair strands smoothly.
- Apply some vaseline to the broken hair and let them absorb it for 30 minutes. Then wash the hair with a shampoo and water.
- To treat split ends, do not use chemical based creams. Instead, use natural ways of preventing split ends.
- While going out in the sun, cover the hair with a hat or a scarf to prevent damage from the harsh sun rays.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your body and hair.
- For every 3 to 4 months, trim your hair.
- Eat the foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, Biotin, Omega fatty acids, Selenium, etc which may help to avoid split ends naturally.
So, these are some of the natural remedies for split ends removal. Make use of them regularly to get rid of hair splits faster. If you have some other split end remedies, share them in the comment section below.