- 1 How to Treat Poison Oak Rashes? Effective Home Remedies for Poison Oak
- 1.1 Clean Poison Oak Pictures with Water and Place Cold Compress
- 1.2 Poison Oak Treatment with Baking Soda
- 1.3 Get Instant Relief from Poison Oak Tree Rashes using Banana Peel
- 1.4 Natural Remedies for Poison Oak – Rubbing Alcohol
- 1.5 Stop Poison Oak from Spreading with Vinegar
Best Poison Oak Treatment at Home: Irrespective of age and gender, everyone makes use of several measures to keep their skin healthy and good looking. But when skin rashes wreck their appearance, they will become panic. Apart from damaging their good appearance, also cause itching and discomfort. One such thing that causes skin rashes is Poison Oak or Poison Ivy or Poison Sumac.
When the colorless oil called Urushiol of Poison Plant makes contact with our skin, the rashes will occur which makes extreme irritation. Also, itchy blisters, small painful bumps will appear on the skin within 12 to 48 hours. When you scratch the affected skin, Poison Ivy can cause spreading of rashes during the first 3 days. Approximately 10 to 50 million people in the United States are suffering from Poison Oak Rash Pictures.
How to identify Poison oak? The symptoms of Poison Oak include burning sensation, redness, inflammation, fever, and also infection if the Poison Oak pics are left untreated. Hence, it’s necessary to keep the affected areas clean. How long does poison oak last? Usually, the images of poison oak plant will go away on its own, but the itchy nature of rashes makes people to scratch. Hence to get rid of Poison Oak Rashes, try these home remedies for Poison Oak. Also, you will get solutions for how to stop poison ivy from itching, what are the best medicines for poison sumac.
How to Treat Poison Oak Rashes? Effective Home Remedies for Poison Oak
Clean Poison Oak Pictures with Water and Place Cold Compress
The first step you must do for the treatment of Poison Oak, place the affected areas under running water for 10 minutes. Since poison oak is contagious, this method prevents Poison Oak Rash Spreading to other areas of the skin. Also, you will feel quick relief from Poison oak itch. Don’t use hot water for cleaning because it will worsen the itching. Even though you wash the affected areas, mild rashes will occur on the skin.
Hence the second step, place cold or ice compress to treat rashes effectively. But don’t place the ice directly on the rashes. Just wrap the ice in a clean washcloth and place this cloth on the Poison Ivy Rash Pictures for 15 minutes every hour to get instant Poison Ivy Rash Relief. You can also use Watermelon for Severe Poison oak treatment because this fruit acts as a compressor. Besides, the watermelon juice dries out the blisters and hence works great for Poison Oak Cures.
[Read more: How to treat dry skin naturally at home]
Poison Oak Treatment with Baking Soda
How to cure Poison Oak? The kitchen ingredient which works excellent for the treatment of Poison Oak Rash is Baking Soda. The acid, Urushiol found in Poison oak plant can cause allergies and leaves rashes and blisters on the skin. Baking soda helps to neutralize this acid and treats Poison Oak Blisters on the skin. Also, it provides a soothing effect by reducing pain and inflammation. The bicarbonates dry out the blisters completely by removing the fluid out of them.
Cure Poison Oak Rashes with baking Soda
- Make a paste by mixing 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water.
- Apply this homemade skin rash cream on the affected areas.
- Leave it until the paste dries on the skin and then wipe it off.
- Repeat this Poison Oak Home Treatment daily for 3 to 4 times to get relief from itchy rashes.
- You can also include 1 cup of baking soda to cool bath water for treating Poison Oak.
Treat Poison Oak Rash Naturally with Baking Soda
This Poison Oak home remedy is used for treating red blisters on the skin.
- Combine 2 tsp of baking soda and 1 liter of water.
- Now, soak sterilized gauze pads in this solution.
- Using these pads, apply the natural poison oak killer on the rashes.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this poison ivy treatment for 4 times in a day to get best results.
- But don’t apply near eyes because it may cause blurred vision.
[Read more: How to cure Ringworm at home]
Get Instant Relief from Poison Oak Tree Rashes using Banana Peel
Poison Oak Home Remedies list also contain Banana Peel. The peel contains several minerals which can soothe the irritated skin and cures Poison Ivy rashes and blisters. This traditional home remedy can help you to get quick relief from Poison Sumac Rashes burning sensation. Even though it offers temporary relief, but it prevents spreading of poison oak to other parts of the skin. For the complete cure of poison oak rash pictures, use other poison ivy remedies along with the banana peel.
How to get rid of poison oak tree rash using banana peel?
- Peel off the skin from a ripe banana.
- Now, rub inside of the banana peel on the skin rashes.
- Within 2 hours, you will get instant relief from poison ivy itching.
- Repeat this poison oak natural remedy regularly.
- Another option, make the banana peel into small pieces.
- Place these pieces by touching the inside part on the skin.
- Leave them for 20 to 30 minutes using adhesive tapes and then remove them.
- Continue this method for the treatment of poison ivy.
[Read more: How to get rid of diaper rash naturally]
Natural Remedies for Poison Oak – Rubbing Alcohol
What is good for poison ivy? For treating Poison oak rashes, rubbing alcohol is the best home remedy. It is a solvent consists of 70 percent isopropyl which is effective for curing poison ivy. This poison sumac home treatment is used as a topic application only. The disinfectant, cooling, and soothing properties of rubbing alcohol help to get rid of poison oak symptoms fast. Also, it cleans the affected skin and prevents further spreading of poison ivy. Hence, it is the best way to get rid of poison ivy fast.
How to kill poison oak fast using rubbing alcohol?
- Apply rubbing alcohol on the poison oak rash photos and wrap it with gauze.
- Do this poison oak treatment for several times in a day for at least three days.
- If you spread rubbing alcohol immediately after contact with the poison plant, it can minimize the extent of the rash and also your discomfort.
[Read more: How to get rid of cystic acne blemishes]
Stop Poison Oak from Spreading with Vinegar
Among the best home remedies for poison ivy tree, vinegar is also one. It is effective in treating poison oak and the acid nature of vinegar prevents poison sumac from spreading to other parts of the body. You can also use vinegar cold compress to dry out the rash and reduce itching. For fast results, use apple cider vinegar to reduce the extent of poison oak rashes.
- Mix a half cup of vinegar and one and a half cup of water.
- Place this solution in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours.
- Soak a washcloth or brown paper bag in the vinegar solution.
- Apply on the affected areas and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this poison oak treatment daily for one or two weeks.
These are the home remedies for poison ivy that works great. Try this natural poison oak treatment at home and get relief from itching. If you didn’t treat poison oak with these remedies, contact the dermatologist.