Oolong Tea for Weight Loss: Being overweight is very hard for doing any things, and it is also not good for our health. So, you must take of your body; it’s the only thing to lead a healthy and happy life. Most of us think that overweight occurs due to overeating. But, it’s not correct, the incorrect food choices and laziness can lead to heavyweight. You can easily reduce weight by following simple home remedies and proper food choices. One that way that helps a lot in weight loss program is drinking oolong tea. Let’s know about oolong tea weight loss here, and how does oolong tea help with weight loss.
Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
Oolong tea is also known as Wu-long tea or brown tea. This traditional caffeinated beverage comes from the buds, stems, and leaves of a camellia Sinensis plant. This plant leaves are also used for the preparation of green tea and black tea, but the difference is the manufacturing process. Oolong tea is meant for weight loss because it cut downs fat and helps to increase metabolism by blocking fat-building enzymes. Along with, it also helps to strengthen the immune system to deal with various health issues.
Oolong tea is loaded with various required vitamins and minerals like potassium, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, selenium, and Vitamins A, C, E. Have a glance throughout the article to know benefits of oolong tea in losing weight and how does oolong tea burns fat, and what kind of tea is good for weight loss.
Benefits of Oolong tea for weight loss
How does oolong tea help you lose weight? Oolong tea has various benefits for health and weight loss. Here are some of the oolong tea benefits for weight loss:
- Oolong tea is packed with antioxidants which help to boost 10% metabolism for upto 2 hours. This tea also aids to protect you from severe diseases.
- Also, Oolong tea helps to burn fat quickly and effectively and hence promotes weight loss. Especially, it burns tummy and upper arm fat.
- It contains caffeine naturally which adds with EGCGs in the tea which helps to raise fat oxidation process.
- Regulated blood sugar levels and helps to lower cravings.
- The polymerized polyphenols present in oolong tea can increase energy expenditure of the body.
- Besides, these polyphenols block the dietary fat absorption and cholesterol levels by 50%.
- It reduces LDL cholesterol and tummy fat without any side effects.
- Even though you eat a high-fat diet, drinking oolong tea helps to prevent obesity.
[Read more: Home remedies for glowing skin]
Other Health Benefits of Oolong Tea
Boosts immune system
Along with weight loss, oolong tea also excellent tea for boosting the immune system. Hence, it fights with infections and other diseases that are caused due to bacteria and viruses. The flavonoids which act as antioxidants found in oolong tea prevent the cellular damage and produces anti-bacterial proteins which can strengthen the immune system.
Improves Brain Functions
Of course, oolong tea is packed with caffeine; it is the best tea for improving brain functions. This tea can help to revitalize your mental alertness and acts as a brain enhancer. But people who are sensitive to caffeine must limit their intake of oolong tea.
Good for heart health
Oolong tea is an excellent choice for improving heart health. It reduces triglycerides blood concentration and also lowers cholesterol levels in the blood. Regular intake of oolong tea increases plasma levels in the blood. Therefore, it prevents coronary artery disease, type-2 diabetes, and obesity that occurs due to low levels of plasma.
The natural response to tense is stress. It affects our health negatively. Therefore, we must control stress either by taking stress relievers or drinking some teas. One such tea that is good for stress relief is oolong tea. Hence, drink oolong tea daily to lead a stress-free life.
[Also read: Home remedies for cystic acne scars]
How to make Oolong Tea for Weight Loss?
Just now, you know the benefits of oolong tea for weight loss and other health problems. Let us know the method of preparation of oolong tea for weight loss. There are 3 ways to make oolong tea for weight loss regime.
1. Oolong tea powder to lose weight
- Oolong tea powder – 1 tsp.
- Hot water – 1 cup.
How do you make perfect oolong tea for weight loss?
- First, add 1 tsp of oolong tea powder to 1 cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After, strain the solution.
- Sip that tea slowly and enjoy the taste.
- Drinking oolong tea regularly can help for fast weight loss.
[Also read: How to use toothpaste for pimples treatment]
2. Oolong tea leaves for losing weight
- Oolong tea leaves – 1tsp.
- Hot water – 1 cup.
- Tea infuser.
How to prepare weight loss tea using oolong tea leaves?
- Heat one cup of water to 200 degrees F.
- Pour this hot water in a cup.
- Fill a tea infuser with oolong tea leaves and put this infuser in a cup for 5 minutes.
- Then, enjoy the taste of oolong tea.
[Read more: How to get rid of pimples fast]
3. Oolong tea bags for weight loss
- Oolong tea bag – 1.
- Boiled water – 1 cup.
How to make oolong tea weight loss?
- Steep an oolong tea bag in one cup of hot water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the bag and drink that tea slowly.
- Continue drinking oolong tea until you lose weight.
[Read more: How to cure sinus headaches]
Oolong Tea Vs Green Tea for weight loss
Is oolong tea better than green tea for weight loss? The available number of teas are enormous. Of course, all the tea are obtained from plants, but the difference lies in their processing and fermentation methods. The oxidation process plays a key role in these teas. When coming to oolong tea, it is partially oxidized. In comparison with green tea, even though both of them increases metabolism rate but oolong tea is a fast fat burner.
According to scientific studies, drinking oolong tea daily can not only increases metabolic rate but also burns fat. But how does Oolong tea burns fat? This tea increases energy expenditure more significantly and hence burns fat. After 24 hours of drinking a cup of oolong tea increases fat oxidation process to 12%.
How much oolong tea to drink for weight loss?
Consumption of 2 cups of oolong tea is good for weight loss. For best results, drink one cup in the morning and another in the evening. You can also drink green oolong tea to lose weight. Because it has low oxidized values and promotes easy weight loss. Along with green oolong tea, drink either organic or dark black oolong tea to lose weight. These teas are fully oxidized and help you lose weight quickly.
Best types of oolong tea for weight loss:
The different brands of oolong tea include the following.
- Monkey picked oolong tea.
- Chinese Oolong tea.
- Twinings oolong tea.
- Bigelow oolong tea.
- Black oolong tea.
- Fujian oolong tea.
- Wuyi oolong tea.
More Tips to Reduce Weight
Besides following home remedies, try these tips to lose weight fastly without any side effects.
- Don’t add any other ingredients like sugar, milk, etc. Because they may add calories.
- Drinking a cup of oolong tea one hour before doing workouts will help for effective weight loss.
- Also, sipping a cup of oolong tea in the afternoon can prevent sweet desires.
- While drinking oolong tea, prefer low-cholesterol and low-fat diet only.
- While making oolong tea, don’t steep for a longer time than specified.
- Concentrate on your intake of caffeine levels.
Where to buy oolong tea weight loss? You can buy oolong tea either from online or in some markets. The best online places for oolong tea are amazon, eBay, teavan, etc.
Precautions while taking Oolong tea for weight loss
High consumption of oolong tea can lead to some side effects. Look at the below effects of oolong tea.
- Oolong tea contains natural fluorides. Hence, when you drink large amounts of oolong tea, you will get skeletal fluorosis.
- The caffeine in oolong tea can lead to side effects like anxiety, dehydration, lack of sleep, excessive urination, increased heart rate, diarrhea.
- Avoid taking oolong tea while you are pregnant women, nursing women, or using any medications.
- Over consumption of oolong tea can cause beriberi, osteoporosis, hypokalemia, kidney stones.
- Also, take an advice from your healthcare provider before using oolong tea for weight loss.
These are the benefits and precautions of oolong tea weight loss program. Drink oolong tea in specified quantities and enjoy healthy weight loss without any side effects.