- 1 Natural Cough Remedies – Best Homemade Cough Medicine for Adults
- 1.1 Ayurvedic Medicine for a Cough with Turmeric
- 1.2 Gargle with Salt Water for Treating a Cough
- 1.3 How to Stop Coughing with Honey and Hot Milk?
- 1.4 Is Garlic a Cough Remedy?
- 1.5 Easy Home Remedies for Cough with Ginger – 3 Best ways to use ginger for a cough
- 1.6 How to Suppress a Cough with Black Pepper?
- 1.7 Can Honey & Green Tea Help Cure a Cough?
Natural Cough Remedies: A common disease that every human gets is a cough. We experience that awkward moment when you want to cough, but it’s dead silent. Right? It is a common health issue when it ends in a week or ten days. But when there is no end to it even for a month, then you need to concentrate on it.
A cough is an infection of the upper respiratory tracts which swells up the upper airways. Any blocking or irritation in the throat or the upper air passages, cough occurs. The main causes of a cold are viral infections, smoking, common cold, etc. Coming to the symptoms of a cough, chest pain, sore throat, congestion, feverishness, itchy throat helps you to identify a cough.
There are two types of a cough. Namely the productive cough or a wet cough, dry or an unproductive cough. Here you can get some best home remedies for treating both the cough types.
Natural Cough Remedies – Best Homemade Cough Medicine for Adults
Ayurvedic Medicine for a Cough with Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the best natural cough remedies. It contains the curcumin compound and acts as a natural antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory agent. They help to prevent a cough, cold, and other infections too.
Cough Home Remedy with Turmeric
- Add a tsp of turmeric powder and carom seeds to a cup of water.
- Boil it for a few minutes until the volume reduces to half the initial quantity.
- Add honey to the hot solution and then drink it 2 to 3 times in a day.
Turmeric Milk for Cough Treatment
- Roast a turmeric root and grind it into a powder.
- Add this powder to water or hot milk.
- Now, add a few drops of honey.
- Drink this turmeric milk two times a day to get relief from a cough.
Natural Antibiotic Cough Cure – turmeric
- Add a tsp of turmeric powder, black pepper, 1 tbsp honey to half a cup of water.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks to this solution.
- Let the solution boil for 3 minutes.
- Drink this natural cough syrup every day to get instant relief from a cough.
[Read more: Benefits of turmeric for abscess tooth]
Gargle with Salt Water for Treating a Cough
Use of salt water is one of the easy, natural cough remedies. It helps to remove excess fluids from the areas of inflammation in the throat. Thereby, it helps to reduce a cough. Moreover, gargling with salt water contributes in removing irritants in your throat and lightens the mucus layer.
- Add two tsp salt to a glass of warm water.
- Gargle your mouth with this solution.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a day to get rid of a cough and sore throat.
[Read more: How to reduce excessive sweating?]
How to Stop Coughing with Honey and Hot Milk?
A combination of honey and hot milk is one of the good natural cough remedies. It helps in relieving a dry cough and reduces the chest pain that occurs due to continuous coughing.
Control Severe Coughing at Night
- Add one tsp honey to a glass of hot milk.
- Drink this cough medicine to relieve coughing.
- Do this process before you sleep.
[Get info on home remedies for stomach upset]
Is Garlic a Cough Remedy?
Like many other diseases, garlic helps to treat a cough. It contains the antibacterial and antimicrobial components. Honey in this remedy assists in soothing the irritation caused by coughing. So, add garlic to your cooking to cure a cough faster. Here are the natural cough remedies with garlic.
Homemade Garlic Cough Syrup
- Boil 2 to 3 garlic cloves in a cup of water.
- Add a tsp oregano and let it cool to room temperature.
- Then add a tsp honey to it and drink it twice a day to reduce the cough symptoms.
How to Use Garlic to Treat Coughs?
- Add 2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic to a few drops of clove oil.
- Add honey to the solution to get relief from a sore throat.
- Eat this cough medicine until you get relief from a cough and its symptoms.
[Get the list of home remedies for acidity]
Easy Home Remedies for Cough with Ginger – 3 Best ways to use ginger for a cough
Ginger is one of those natural cough remedies that can treat a cough completely. It promotes salivation and mucus secretion and thereby gives relief from cough symptoms.
How to Get Rid of a Cough with Ginger?
- Mix a tsp ground ginger to one tsp honey.
- Drink this mixture thrice a day to get relieve a chronic cough.
Ginger Remedy for a Cough prevention
- Add the fresh ginger slices to a cup of water.
- Boil this solution for a few minutes.
- Drink this cough herbal solution 3 to 4 times in a day as an instant cough relief.
- Repeat the process to give relief from a sore throat, coughing, and congestion.
Chewing Ginger for a Cough with Phlegm
- Clean a fresh raw ginger and chew it.
- Repeat the process several times in a day to reduce a cough and its symptoms.
[Learn how to get rid of smelly feet]
How to Suppress a Cough with Black Pepper?
Here is another jewel from the crown of natural cough remedies that treats a dry cough effectively. Pepper helps the people who suffer from a cough by clearing the mucus. It stimulates the circulation and mucus flow in the airways.
DIY Black Pepper Tea Recipe to Cure a Cough – A Natural Cough Remedy
- Add 1 tbsp honey to 1 tsp black pepper.
- Now add them to boiling milk or water and steep it for nearly 15 minutes.
- Sip the solution slowly.
- Repeat the process to prevent a cough.
How to Soothe a Cough with Black Pepper?
- Add a few drops of a quarter piece of lemon on black pepper poser and salt.
- Consume it to get quick relief from a cough.
Can Honey & Green Tea Help Cure a Cough?
Green tea is not only good for maintaining body fitness, but it is also one of the simple natural cough remedies. It improves the immune system by supplying enough nutrients to the body. Therefore it helps to get rid of cough virus faster.
Reduce Nighttime Cough with Green Tea
- Add a tbsp honey to a mug of green tea.
- Mix it well and have a sip of it slowly.
- Repeat the process to reduce a cough.
Hence these are some of the natural cough remedies that can relieve you from the irritation. Choose any of the natural treatments for a cough and make use of them regularly. If there is no improvement or if you see any side effects, consult a doctor for curing a cough.
To Live By Medicine is To Live Horribly…