- 1 Why is Lemon Helpful in Lightening Dark Neck?
- 2 How to Use Lemon for Dark neck? Home Remedies for Dark Neck Treatment with Lemon
- 2.1 Dark Neck Whitening Cream with Lemon and Orange Peel
- 2.2 Dark Neck Treatment with Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
- 2.3 DIY Home Remedies for Dark Neck Skin – Lemon Juice and Rosewater
- 2.4 DIY Lemon and Sugar Scrub For Dark Neck
- 2.5 How to Get Rid of Black Neck Overnight with Lemon?
- 2.6 Baking Soda and Lemon for Dark Neck Removal
- 2.7 Tips and Precautions to Use Lemon for Dark Neck Treatment
How to use Lemon for Dark Neck? Will it look good if you have a beautiful glowing face and a dark tanned neck? No, right? We actually concentrate more on pampering face with regular facials, massages, etc. Most of us will neglect taking care of the neck area. Finally, it reminds you of its color with a dark neck.
When there is no proper cleansing for the neck, dirt, pollutants get accumulated and leads to dark patches on the neck. Some other causes of a dark neck include obesity, aging, long exposure to the sun, acanthosis nigricans, etc. To overcome all these dark neck causes here is a natural secret for treating a dark neck at home. It is nothing but the citrusy lemon fruit.
To get rid of the dark neck, lemon helps you more effectively than any other commercial products. So, have a look at the list of best ways to use lemon treatments for a dark neck.
Why is Lemon Helpful in Lightening Dark Neck?
- Lemon is a natural bleaching agent due to its citric acid. It lightens the dark patches on the neck.
- It is a powerful antioxidant which protects the skin from free radicals. The lemon also boosts the collagen production to have a healthy glowing skin.
- The lemon fruit contains the cleansing and exfoliating properties that break down the dead skin cells and removes them. This helps to remove dark spots on the neck.
With these benefits of lemon for treating dark neck, look at the procedures of using lemon for lightening dark neck naturally.
[Read more: Benefits of lemon for acne scars]
How to Use Lemon for Dark neck? Home Remedies for Dark Neck Treatment with Lemon
Dark Neck Whitening Cream with Lemon and Orange Peel
Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C. It rejuvenates the skin that is damaged by free radicals. Meanwhile, its calcium removes the worn out skin cells and promotes the cell regeneration. This dark neck remedy is one of the best ways to use lemon for dark neck.
How to Get Rid of Dirty Black Neck?
- Make a paste of 2 tbsp orange peel powder and some water.
- Then add a tbsp lemon juice to it and mix well with a spoon.
- Apply this paste on the neck pigmentation and massage it for nearly 10 minutes.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process once every day for a few weeks to clean dark neck naturally at home.
[Read more: Natural ways to remove stretch marks]
Dark Neck Treatment with Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
Olive oil is a source of antioxidants, vitamin E, polyphenols, phytosterols. They treat the dark neck, damaged skin, and lightens the skin decoloration on neck and dark patches.
How to Remove Black Neck Skin?
- Mix some fresh lemon juice and a tbsp olive oil. Mix well and apply the neck bleaching mixture on the neck with a cotton ball.
- Then massage it into the skin with the tips of your fingers for 5 minutes.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once every day for a few weeks for lightening dark neck permanently.
[Read more: How to lighten dark knees and elbows?]
DIY Home Remedies for Dark Neck Skin – Lemon Juice and Rosewater
Here is a remedy to use lemon for dark neck with the combination of rosewater. Rosewater contains the anti-inflammatory properties that treat dark discoloration of the neck due to sun damage and removes brown spots on the neck. The antioxidant properties of rosewater also promote skin cells regeneration and give you a younger-looking skin.
Lemon and Rosewater as a Black Neck Cure
- Mix equal quantities of rose water and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture all over the neck and rest for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with water.
- Repeat the process twice a day to get rid of a dark neck.
[Also read the ways to lighten dark circles under eyes]
DIY Lemon and Sugar Scrub For Dark Neck
This home remedy for a dark neck is very effective in lightening the skin. Because sugar contains a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), glycolic acid. This lightens the dark patches on the neck and promotes new skin cell formation. It also helps to remove sun tan and removes the dead skin cell accumulation from the skin.
How to Make Dark Neck White?
- Add a tbsp sugar to 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the neck and gently massage with the tips of your fingers for 10 minutes.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a week to remove a dark neck.
[Read more: How to clear blackheads naturally?]
How to Get Rid of Black Neck Overnight with Lemon?
To use lemon for a dark neck, the first thing that you should do is to check for irritation. If your skin is a sensitive type, then dilute the lemon juice with equal amount of water. You can also rub a lemon slice on the neck for a minute and wash with water to prevent dark neck.
How to Clean Dark Neck with Lemon?
- Squeeze out the juice out of half of a lemon.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it all over the neck darkness.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a day to lighten dark neck.
[Learn how to lighten skin naturally?]
Baking Soda and Lemon for Dark Neck Removal
A very mild exfoliant which cleanses the skin and removes dark patches is the baking soda. It also treats the hyperpigmentation.
How to Reduce Neck Darkness Naturally?
- Mix 2 tbsp baking soda and water into a paste.
- Add a tbsp lemon juice to the paste and apply it on the neck evenly.
- Let the paste dry completely and then rinse the skin with water.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week to lighten dark neck naturally at home.
Tips and Precautions to Use Lemon for Dark Neck Treatment
- When you apply lemon on a sensitive skin, it may irritate the skin. So, it is better to dilute the lemon juice with water to prevent irritation, redness, burning.
- Apply a soft sunscreen to the neck before you go out in the sun to avoid darkening of the neck.
- When you cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize your face, do the processes for your neck too.
- Make use of the lemon juice immediately after you squeeze it out. Because the vitamin C concentration reduces with time.
- Use the dark neck remedies with lemon before 4 hours of your roaming in the sun. Since the natural oils of lemon react with the UV rays (phototoxic reaction) which make the skin red, burn, and forms blisters.
So, these are some of the easy DIY home remedies for dark neck with lemon. Follow the remedies and tips for treating dark neck naturally and to get rid of dark neck faster. Before using lemon for dark neck removal, make a self-check with lemon on a small part of the skin.