- 1 Causes and Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
- 2 How to Reduce Excessive TSH levels? Easy Home Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
- 2.1 Treat Hyperthyroidism with simple home remedy – Bugleweed
- 2.2 Natural remedies for overactive thyroid – Passion Flower
- 2.3 Is Lemon Balm good for Thyroid Problems?
- 2.4 Motherwort – A Natural Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism Treatment at Home: Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid glands produce excessive thyroid hormone called thyroxine. It is gland which seems as butterfly shaped and locates in the neck. Usually, this gland’s work is regulating your body’s energy and also metabolism. In some cases, thyroid gland becomes overactive and generates thyroxine more than the normal. Then, you will get Hyperthyroidism Disease.
Both men and women will get this disease, but women get more than men. Usually, it occurs at the age of 30’s, but the Hyperthyroidism symptoms are common in women having an age of 60’s. Doctors prescribe anti-thyroid medications and iodine supplements to control the production of thyroid hormone. In worst cases, the Hyperthyroidism Treatment also includes surgery to remove the part of a thyroid gland. Hence, it’s better to treat Hyperthyroidism at an early stage. Here are few home remedies for hyperthyroidism which can help a lot for the treatment of Hyperthyroidism without any need of a doctor.
Most of the people think hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are same, but actually, they are different. Hyperthyroidism refers to hyperactivity of thyroid gland while hypothyroidism is under activity of thyroid gland. Now, look through the article to know the natural hyperthyroidism treatment.
Causes and Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
You just know about What is Hyperthyroidism. Now, have an idea about What causes Hyperthyroidism? The common causes of Hypothyroidism include the following.
- Due to autoimmune disorder called Grave’s disease.
- Abnormal secretion of thyroid stimulating hormone or TSH.
- Excessive intake of iodine and its supplements.
- Thyroid gland inflammation.
- Benign lumps or nodules in the thyroid.
You can identify the disease with several signs. The most occurrence Hyperthyroidism symptoms and signs are:
- Sudden weight loss.
- Increased appetite.
- Irregular heartbeats.
- Excessive perspiration.
- Anxiety and irritability.
- Increased sensitivity to heat.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Swelling at the base of a neck.
- Changes in the menstrual cycle.
- Muscle weakness.
- Skin thinning.
Even though there are many signs and symptoms of Hyperthyroidism, but it’s difficult to diagnose the disease at an initial stage. But you can quickly cure Hyperthyroidism with the below Hyperthyroidism Home Remedies. These remedies are completely safe and effective in treating Hyperthyroidism.
[Also know about Asthma Relief remedies at home]
How to Reduce Excessive TSH levels? Easy Home Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
Treat Hyperthyroidism with simple home remedy – Bugleweed
How to cure hyperthyroidism permanently? Bugleweed also called Lycopusvirginica is the best home remedy for reducing Hyperactive Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. Particularly this ingredient is beneficial when you have the symptoms such as weight loss, anxiety, shortness of breath, palpitations. The lithospermic acid present in Bugleweed controls the productions of TSH. Also, this acid prevents Hyperthyroidism by blocking the antibodies that bind to cells in the overactive thyroid glands and prevents them from burning out.
The Research found that this remedy reduces TSH and T4 levels and decrease the thyroid hormone synthesis. Also, this bugleweed has an ability to block or stop the conversion of T4 to T3. For the treatment of Hyperthyroidism, you can use bugleweed either in the form of tea or tincture.
[Also read: How to stop snoring permanently]
Bugleweed tea to reduce TSH levels in Hyperthyroidism
Ingredients required for a Hyperthyroid cure:
- Dried bugleweed– 1 teaspoon (OR) 1 tea bag.
- Boiling water – 1 cup.
- Honey – 1 to 2 teaspoons.
Preparation of Bugleweed tea for treating Hyperthyroidism:
- Take a cup containing hot water.
- Add either dried bugleweed or a tea bag in that tea.
- Steep for about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Then, strain the bugleweed tea and allow it to cool.
- Include honey to this tea and stir well.
- Drink this tea regularly until the Hyperthyroidism cures.
Bugleweed tincture for the treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Ingredients for Homemade Hyperthyroidism Medicine:
- Tincture of Bugleweed – 4 to 8 drops.
- Water or any fruit juice – 1 tbsp.
Preparation of Bugleweed tincture for Hypothyroidism Treatment:
- Take a bowl and pour either water or fruit juice in it.
- Next, add 4 drops of bugleweed tincture to that bowl.
- Stir well and put this mixture under your tongue.
- Do this method daily to get quick relief from Hyperthyroidism.
[Read more: Natural remedies to get rid of a bad cough]
Be patient because this home remedy takes about one year of time for complete cure of Hyperthyroidism. But you may feel better within few days after using this Hyperthyroid medication at home. Don’t take this medicine if you are pregnant or nursing women, it can lead to side effects. Also, avoid this natural remedy of you are using any over the counter Hyperthyroidism medications or drugs.
Natural remedies for overactive thyroid – Passion Flower
Passionflower is the best one in herbal remedies for Thyroid. It helps to relax your body muscles, reduces the thyroid pain and promotes a better sleep. Also, this flower slows down the rapid heart rate to cure Hyperthyroidism symptoms and strengthens the immune system. This herbal medicine treats hyperthyroidism by preventing the conditions like insomnia, irritability, and anxiety. Hence, use this herbal Hyperthyroid treatment regularly to get quick relief thyroid pain.
Passionflower for treating hyperthyroidism naturally
- Dried passionflower – 1 tsp.
- Lemon balm – 1/4 tsp.
- Hot water – 1cup.
Preparation of passionflower remedy for hyperactive thyroids:
- Take a tea infuser and place both the ingredients in it.
- Place this tea infuser in the cup.
- Now add hot water to it and steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, take away the infuser and drink this solution before going to sleep at night.
- Regular use of this home remedy can work best for Overactive Thyroid Natural Treatment.
Note: Pregnant, and nursing women must not use this natural treatment for Hyperthyroidism because it may lead to side effects. Also, people who are taking anti-depression and anti-thyroid medications must take doctor’s suggestion before using this Hyperthyroidism treatment.
[Know about: How to cure constipation fastly]
Is Lemon Balm good for Thyroid Problems?
Like bugleweed, lemon balm also belongs to a mint family which effectively works for the Hyperthyroidism Treatment at home. Along with thyroid problems, it can be also beneficial for health conditions like migraine headaches, hypertension, and nervousness. It blocks hormone receptors which promote binding of TSH to thyroid tissues. Also, inhibits auto-antibodies binding in Grave’s disease. You can use a lemon balm to make tea or tincture for the Home Treatment of Hyperthyroidism. If lemon balm is not available to you, take its supplements but consult your doctor before taking lemon balm supplement capsules. Since this is the best natural cure for hyperthyroidism, use this remedy regularly.
Lemon Balm Tea for Hyperthyroidism Treatment
- Lemon balm – 2 tbsps.
- Boiling water – 1 cup.
- Pot and Sieve.
Preparation of lemon balm tea for Hyperthyroidism Cure:
- Take lemon balm herb in a pot.
- Pour boiling water over the herb into that pot.
- Steep it for 10 minutes and strain the solution using a sieve.
- Let the tea to cool for few minutes.
- Have this homemade Anti-thyroid medicine to control hyperthyroidism.
- Regular intake of this tea for 2 times in a day can effectively treat Hyperthyroidism.
[Know about: Urinary tract infestation treatment]
Motherwort – A Natural Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
How to treat Hyperthyroidism naturally? The Top 10 List of Hyperthyroidism Home Remedies also contains Motherwort. This is another herb which belongs to a mint family can works great for treating Hyperactive Thyroids. Even though it doesn’t show a direct impact on thyroid gland or its hormone but ti maintains the balance by nullifying the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism like heart palpitations, depressed appetite, anxiety, etc. Besides, this thyroid relief home remedy also act as a beta blocker and hence it prevents high heart rates and helps to get rid of heart palpitations. So, include motherwort tea in your diet for hyperthyroidism.
Motherwort tea for Natural Hyperthyroidism Treatment
- Motherwort – 1 tbsp.
- Hot water – 1 cup.
Motherwort tea preparation for curing hyperthyroidism:
- Place a fresh Motherwort herb in a teapot.
- Pour hot water into this pot.
- Cover the pot and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the solution and let it cool for few minutes.
- Now drink this tea to get quick relief from thyroid pain.
- Continue to use this remedy until the hyperthyroidism cures permanently.
[Also read: How to cure diabetes mellitus naturally]
Note: If you are using heart disease medications, consult the doctor before using this hyperthyroidism natural treatment.
So, these are the natural remedies for hyperthyroidism. Following these natural ways is not enough, maintaining proper Hyperthyroidism diet and good lifestyle is necessary for getting rid of thyroid problems. Hope, you get all the answers related to overactive thyroid cure. If you require any other information regarding Hyperthyroidism treatment, you can ask in the comments.