- 1 How to Treat Chigger Bites at Home
- 1.1 How do you Get Rid of Chigger Bites With Home remedies
- 1.1.1 Vicks VapoRub for Chigger Relief
- 1.1.2 Baking Soda - Home Remedy for Chiggers
- 1.1.3 Apple Cider Vinegar for Chigger Bite Relief
- 1.1.4 Can Olive oil be a Chigger Bite Remedy
- 1.1.5 Chamomile is one of the Home Remedies for Chigger
- 1.1.6 How to get rid of Chigger Bites using Aloe-vera
- 1.1.7 How to Treat Chigger Bites with Oatmeal?
- 1.1.8 Cold Compress - a Chigger Bite treatment
- 1.1.9 Hot shower can be a Chiggers Treatment
- 1.1.10 How to get rid of chigger bites with Bleach
- 1.1.11 How to Treat Chigger Bites With Essential oils for chiggers bites
- 1.1 How do you Get Rid of Chigger Bites With Home remedies
A human body is very sensitive. It needs treatment for mild bites of chiggers because their stinger contains acid that works as a venom or poison for our body. Chigger bites are uncomfortable, itchy, annoying, and make it difficult to sleep. Usually, chigger bites do not cause any harm to our health. Chiggers feed on our skin cells, not on blood. They don’t carry or transmit disease. Various methods are given How to Treat Chigger Bites Naturally.
What is a chigger? Chiggers also called as berry bugs are tiny red mites that belong to the arachnid family. Where do chiggers live? These mites are found outdoors, especially in grassy fields, forests and also moist areas alongside lakes and streams. They are so small in size that we can only see them with a magnifying glass, so it becomes difficult to ourselves from prevent getting bitten. Home Remedies for chiggers are given for how to treat chigger bites.
How to Treat Chigger Bites at Home
How do you get chiggers bite? You are more susceptible to this bite if you are roaming in the grassy fields like garden, park or forests. It may not be possible identifying chigger bites immediately just after they attack you. You will recognize them soon after the symptoms start showing after few hours. How is a chigger bite look like? Some common symptoms of chigger bites are constant itching, red bumps, rashes, and swelling. Do chigger Bites Spread? Usually, chigger bites are not harmful and don’t spread like any other disease from one person to another. How long do Chigger Bites Last? They get well on its own within 1 – 3 weeks, but the continuous itching makes it difficult to sleep or focus on anything. This is what chigger bites look like & how to treat them remedies are given below. Meanwhile, to control the itching, swelling, and pain, you can try some simple & natural remedies.
How do you Get Rid of Chigger Bites With Home remedies
- Vicks vaporub
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Aloe vera
- Cold compress
- Hot shower
- Essential oils
Vicks VapoRub for Chigger Relief
This can be a trusted remedy that can help you to get relief from itchy chigger bites instantly. All credit goes to the cooling menthol content in it, Vicks Vaporub will affect the itch receptors in the skin and thereby gives relief from itching. It will also reduce the chance of having blisters. You can also use over-the-counter anti-itch medications like hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion.
Follow steps for How to Treat and Prevent Chigger Bites
- Mix a few Vicks Vaporub well with a little salt.
- After mixing them properly, apply this mixture directly to the affected area.
- Repeat the process till it gets treated.
- This is one of the easiest home remedies to get rid of chigger bites at home.
Baking Soda - Home Remedy for Chiggers
Another effective and one of the top home remedies for chigger bites is baking soda. This kitchen ingredient can ease rashes and itchiness parallelly caused by chigger bites. It is a natural and powerful acid neutralizer, helping you to reduce itching. This is how to treat chigger bites using baking soda.
Steps how to use Baking soda to stop Chigger bites spreading
- Add one cup of baking soda in a bathtub containing full of cool water.
- Stir it well and soak the affected area in baking water for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat yourself dry using a soft towel.
- Follow the procedure once a day.
- This is what is the best thing for chigger bites.
- Mix the baking soda (about 2 cups) with enough water to get a thick paste.
- Apply this baking soda paste directly on the bitten areas.
- Use cold water to wash it off when it gets dry
- Remember not to apply this way more than 1 or 2 times a day.
- This is how do you get rid of chigger bites.
Warning:-Avoid using baking soda on open wounds or broken skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Chigger Bite Relief
Using apple cider vinegar is great home remedies for chigger bites treatment. The anti-itching and antiseptic properties, apple cider vinegar will aid in getting rid of itching, swelling, and inflammation.
Home remedies for Chigger Bites with Apple Cider
- At first, Wash the apples and chop them into pieces.
- Keep the pieces in the glass jar.
- Pour water till all the apples not covered.
- Mix honey and stir it nicely.
- Leave it for upto one yo two weeks.
- Bubbles will form as sugar fermentation will start.
Warning:- Do not keep the ACV jar direct in the sunlight. Do not try to use stainless steel jar instead of glass jar as it may react with acid present in apple.
How Do You Get rid of chigger bites with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pour 2 cups of unfiltered and raw ACV into the lukewarm water contained in a bathtub.
- Soak yourself in this and relax for 15 minutes.
- Wipe your skin dry and use a light moisturizer to keep it moisturized.
- Repeat this process twice daily.
- To deal with topical itching, soak a cotton ball in raw and unfiltered ACV and rub this cotton ball on your bitten areas.
- Wait for 30 minutes and wash with the cool water.
- Keep applying this remedy 1 or 2 times on a daily basis for several days.
Can Olive oil be a Chigger Bite Remedy
Using the olive oil can help you to get relief from the inflammation and irritation. Coconut oil has a rich source of vitamin E and contains antioxidants reducing itching and facilitating the healing process.
Use Olive Oil for chigger bite relief
- Once you rinse the bitten areas with water, let put some drops of olive oil on it.
- Keep applying this olive oil method a few times per day.
- Besides, you can mix olive oil with honey at an equal ratio.
- Apply it to the affected area for 3 or 4 times every day till it completely heals.
- Tea tree oil mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil can also be applied to the affected skin for several times daily.
Chamomile is one of the Home Remedies for Chigger
Steps to follow for How to get rid of Chiggers using Chamomile
- You can prepare the chamomile tea (about 2 cups) and put it in the refrigerator to make cool.
- Now, dip a cotton ball in this cool tea and put it directly on the affected skin.
- Let it rest on there for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Apply two times daily for a few days to see improvements.
- Add 4 to 6 drops of chamomile oil in one tablespoon of castor or coconut oil.
- Put the mixture on your skin for 4 or 5 times daily.
- Repeat till rashes and itching get reduced.
How to get rid of Chigger Bites using Aloe-vera
- Extract gel from the Aloe vera leaves.
- Rubbing this gel directly on the affected area for about 15 minutes will give relief.
- With warm water wash it off and repeat for 3 or 4 times on a daily basis.
- Take half cup of Aloe Vera gel put some drops of olive oil and peppermint oil in it.
- Make a paste and apply this to your affected area.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and with the lukewarm water rinse it off.
- Repeat the procedure for three times every day and see the improvement.
How to Treat Chigger Bites with Oatmeal?
The anti-irritating and anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal help in treating the chiggers bite. Follow the procedure for how to treat chigger bites using oatmeal at home.
Chigger Bite Remedy - Oatmeal
- Take oatmeal as per your need and grind it into powder form.
- Add it in a bathtub full of lukewarm water and stir it well.
- Soak yourself in this oatmeal water for at least 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice daily depending on of your severe condition.
Cold Compress - a Chigger Bite treatment
What helps chigger bites stop itching? A cold compress can help in reducing the itching sensation numbing the area where it is applied. It is an effective and easy remedy for chigger bites. A cold compress is one of the instant pain relievers in case of bone fracture. It is the easiest and most effective home remedy that helps in reducing the swelling caused due to fracture and pain as well.
Procedure for chigger bite treatment
- Wrap some ice cubes in a towel.
- Dab it to the affected part of the body and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the same procedure at least twice or thrice for how to treat chigger bites.
Hot shower can be a Chiggers Treatment
Take a hot shower just after you suspect a chigger bite. It minimises the pain caused due to chigger bites.
How to get rid of chigger bites with Hot shower
- Rub a mild antibacterial soap, on your body thoroughly.
- Take a hot water shower and wipe your body with a soft towel.
- Avoid rubbing body harshly as it can lead to rashes and increase the pain.
- Apply olive oil over the affected area.
Warning: -Avoid taking a bath with too hot water as it can hurt your skin. Also, wash your clothes in hot water.
How to get rid of chigger bites with Bleach
What kills Chiggers on the skin? The bleach does not help any spots where you've already been bitten; rather it will heal or kill any chigger bites that are still on the skin. Chiggers congregate in clusters; therefore, where one chigger has bitten you, there are likely to get many.
Chiggers treatment Steps for Bleach
- Add one part bleach into ten parts of water.
- Stir them well in a bowl.
- Soak a soft cloth or cotton ball into this bleach water solution.
- Gently rub the cloth onto the areas around the chigger bites.
- Wipe the bleach solution around all the spots where you've been bitten or are likely to be bitten.
- Take a long, hot shower.
- It will remove the bleach from the skin and also wash away any chiggers which might be getting missed earlier.
- This is how to treat chigger bites with bleach.
How to Treat Chigger Bites With Essential oils for chiggers bites
This is the list of essential oils that are used to treat the chigger bites. They are the simple ways to treat chigger bites. You need to use the oil, in the same way, i.e., soak the cotton ball in the particular oil and apply it to the affected area. Oils are also used How to treat chigger bites home remedies.
- Lavender oil
- Tea tree
This is how do you stop chigger bites from spreading. Some Proven Natural Remedies for Chigger Bites are given, so use them and get rid of chiggers in your yard and stop worrying how to treat chigger bites. How to treat chigger bites with nail polish is totally rubbish. Actually, it may be favorable for some skin but not for all and also it may reduce the itching but will not help to heal the bite from the root. So, do not ever try this method for how to get rid of chigger bites. The time duration for How long does it take a chigger bite to heal may be between 1-3 weeks. The best way for how do you keep chiggers off is to wear full sleeves clothes while going to grassy fields.