- 1 How to Get Rid of Swollen Lips Fast? Natural Swollen Lip Remedies
- 1.1 Random Swollen Lip Treatment with Hot or Cold Compress
- 1.2 Heal Infected Swollen Lips Fastly with Honey
- 1.3 How To Make a Swollen Lip Go Down with Coconut Oil?
- 1.4 Effective Swollen Lip Remedies with Black Tea
- 1.5 Avoid Lip Swelling with Homemade Lip Balm - Apple & Butter
- 1.6 How to Prevent Swelling in Lips Fast? - Aloe Vera Remedy
- 1.7 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Swollen Lips
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Swollen Lips: An attractive Smile makes your lips more beautiful. But, what if your lips become swollen? You can't hide swollen lips, and this condition hassles you. The skin tissues present in the lips are so delicate and get's hurt easily. Lip swelling occurs due to many reasons such as trauma to the tissues of lips, allergic reactions. Some other causes of swollen lips include skin dryness, viral infection, dehydration, poor quality lip products, insect bites, nutritional deficiencies.
You may encounter difficulties during eating, talking, drinking, and also opening the mouth. In worst cases, the swollen lip may bleed due to cuts. You can cure swollen lips at home itself if the condition is not much severe. But, proper diagnosis is necessary before going to take any treatment. It's best to visit a doctor if your swollen lips caused due to an allergic reaction, medical condition. Otherwise, you can use these simple and effective home remedies for treating swollen lips fast.
How to Get Rid of Swollen Lips Fast? Natural Swollen Lip Remedies
Random Swollen Lip Treatment with Hot or Cold Compress
The first thing you must do for treating swollen lips is applying cold or hot compress on the infected lips. This process reduces the swelling that occurs due to lip piercing, cuts, oral herpes. So that your swollen lips reduce completely.
How to Help a Swollen Lips with Hot/Cold Compress?
- Wrap few ice cubes in a towel or soak a clean washcloth in warm water and remove excess water.
- Use any of these compresses to apply on the swollen lips for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove it and again repeat the same method after one minute.
- Follow this swollen lips home remedy several times in a day to reduce lip swelling and pain.
Note: Don't use ice cubes directly on your swollen lips because they may hurt you. Also, avoid using hot compress if you have cuts on the lips.
Heal Infected Swollen Lips Fastly with Honey
Another popular home remedy for swollen lips cure is honey. The healing and antibacterial properties of honey are effective in treating swollen lips. Also, honey helps to lock moisture into the skin and reduce lip swelling caused due to dryness. Hence, use honey for swollen chapped lips.
How to Fix a Swollen Lip Naturally with Honey?
- Apply honey on your dry swollen lips with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then clean it off with cold water.
- Repeat this lip swollen home remedy for 2 or 3 times in a day to reduce swollen upper lip.
- You can also add one teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water.
- Drink this homemade medicine for swollen lip daily until your painful swollen lip cures.
How To Make a Swollen Lip Go Down with Coconut Oil?
Most used coconut oil is also one of the home remedies for swollen burning lips. The antibacterial nature of coconut oil kills bacteria that causes swollen lip infection. It absorbs the impurities and dust particles from skin pores and keeps the skin soft and supple. So, coconut oil is effective in treating cold sore swollen lips.
How to Reduce a Swollen Lip with Coconut oil?
- Spread enough amount of coconut oil on your infected swollen lip.
- Massage gently for few minutes until the skin absorbs coconut oil.
- Then, leave the swollen lip cure oil for 2 hours to dry.
- Repeat this swollen chapped lips natural remedy regularly to treat a pimple swollen lip fast.
Effective Swollen Lip Remedies with Black Tea
The simple black tea acts as a natural constrictor to tissues in the lip. So, it helps to treat swollen lips fast. Black tea contains tannins which have astringent properties, hence reduce inflammation of soft tissues. Therefore, use black tea for curing red swollen itchy lips.
How to Cure a Swollen Lip with Black Tea?
- To heal blisters on swollen lips, put a black tea bag in warm water.
- Steep the tea bag for 10 minutes and then remove it.
- Wring out the excess water and let it cool down.
- Now, place this bag on your blistered swollen lips for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove it off and rinse with water.
- Continue this natural remedy to get rid of swollen lips fast.
Note: You can also use chamomile or green tea bags in place of black tea bags for treating swollen bumps on lips.
Avoid Lip Swelling with Homemade Lip Balm - Apple & Butter
Homemade lip balms are most effective than commercial lip care products because these are chemical free and has no side effects. Apple and butter lip are the best fat lip remedies. They reduce lip inflammation, pain, and irritation. So, use apple and butter lip balm to cure upper and lower swollen lip.
Itchy Swollen Lips Treatment with Apple & Butter
- Mix apple pulp and some amount of butter in the form of a paste.
- Apply this dry lip balm on your inflamed lips.
- Allow it for 30 minutes and then clean it off with water.
- Use this lip swollen home remedy regularly until the swelling of the lips cures.
How to Prevent Swelling in Lips Fast? - Aloe Vera Remedy
We know the curing properties of aloe vera from ancient times. The strong anti-inflammatory effect of aloe vera helps in reducing swelling and burning lips. Mainly, aloe vera home remedy is beneficial for treating swollen lips and bumps that occur due to insect or mosquito bites, allergic reactions.
How to Heal a Swollen Lip with Aloe vera?
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Put this gel on the lips swollen areas.
- Massage the lips gently until aloe vera absorbs into the lip.
- Repeat this lip swelling treatment 2 or 3 times in a day to get rid of swollen lips.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Swollen Lips
Following some natural tips can help to prevent swollen lips from happening. So, read on these tips to save your lips from swelling.
- Don't lick your lips to avoid swelling of the lips.
- Dry and dehydrated lips also cause lips to swollen. So, drink plenty of water to lock moisture.
- Maintaining proper hygiene and metabolism, eating nutritious foods also helps to fix swollen lips.
- Over the Counter lip care products contain harsh chemicals which can worse the swollen lips condition. So, avoid using them and prefer homemade lip balms.
- Coat your lips with Vaseline or lip balm to moisturize the skin and reduce dry swollen lips.
- Add ginger to your recipes or drink ginger tea to prevent lip infections.
- You can also cure swollen lips with an antihistamine like Benadryl. It soothes painfully swollen lips fastly.
- Apply arnica or castor oil on your red bumps on swollen lips. It reduces swelling of the lips.
- Apply Vitamin E oil on your lips daily before going to sleep.
- For fast recovery from swollen lips, eat oranges or any other vitamin C rich foods. Because they are effective in repairing the tissues of the lip and treats lip inflammation.
These are the home remedies and natural ways to get rid of swollen lips. Use them regularly and make your swollen lips down.