- 1 Smelly Feet Causes and Cures
- 2 How to Get Rid of Smelly Feet? Home Remedies for Foot Odor
- 2.1 Vinegar Soak for Smelly Feet
- 2.2 3 Ways to Control Foot Odor with Baking Soda
- 2.3 Radish for Foot Odor Prevention
- 2.4 Smelly Feet Cures with Ginger
- 3 Tips to Prevent Foot Odor – Easy Steps to Cure Smelly Feet
Get Rid of Smelly Feet: It is very exasperating to have smelly feet. The reason for your feet smelling is not only the sweat itself but the bacteria. In the medical terminology, the smelly feet is called as Bromhidrosis. There are several thousands of sweat glands on the feet that produce sweat with water, minerals, fats, sodium chloride. As we walk, millions of bacteria grow on the skin cells and sweat. But why do feet stink?
Smelly Feet Causes and Cures
One of the causes of foot odor is Hyperhidrosis which affects men first. The people who stand for long hours, exercise, and the pregnants, teenagers sweat more because of the hormonal changes. Some other causes of foot odor are the following.
- Athlete’s foot.
- Consumption of alcohol, drugs.
- Lack of proper ventilation.
- Heart diseases.
- Uncomfortable footwear.
How to Get Rid of Smelly Feet? Home Remedies for Foot Odor
Vinegar Soak for Smelly Feet
Vinegar is helpful in preventing the bacterial growth as it is acidic in nature. To prevent the smell of vinegar, you need to use some essential oil. Hence, it can be used to get rid of smelly feet instantly.
Simple Cure for Smelly Feet with Vinegar
- Fill a basin with warm water and add half a cup of apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar. And add a few drops of thyme essential oil.
- Stir well and place your feet in the basin for 25 minutes.
- Repeat this foot smell remedy to get relief from foot odor.
- You can also use Listerine mouthwash to soak your feet as it kills bacteria.
[Read more: Natural tips for glowing skin]
3 Ways to Control Foot Odor with Baking Soda
Like the vinegar, baking soda also prevents the growth of bacteria by neutralizing the pH of the skin and sweat. It creates an alkaline environment where bacteria cannot make its existence. Therefore, it helps to get rid of smelly feet naturally.
How to Stop Smelly Feet and Shoes Naturally?
- Fill a foot basin with warm water and add 1/4 th cup of baking soda to it.
- Soak your feet in the basin for about 20 minutes.
- Take out the feet and pat them dry.
- Repeat the process frequently to remove the smell from feet naturally.
- You can also add the fresh lemon juice to get some more benefits.
[Get info on hair fall treatment]
DIY Shoe Odor Spray with Baking Soda
- Store the mixture of 3 tbsps baking soda and dry sage leaves in an airtight container.
- Drop a pinch of this powder in your shoes.
- Spread it all over the shoes and leave it for the whole night.
- The next morning, remove the mixture from your shoes. This process is helpful to make your shoes clean from bacteria.
- Do this process daily to cure feet smelling.
Best Smelly Feet Solution – Baking Soda
- Mix half a cup of baking soda, peroxide; body wash in the foot soak tub with lukewarm water.
- Soak your feet in the mixture for nearly 20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with a pumice stone which helps to remove dead skin and bacteria.
- Then clean the feet with a sanitary towel.
- Repeat the process every day to treat smelly feet.
[Also read how to grow hair faster?]
Radish for Foot Odor Prevention
Here is one more kitchen ingredient that helps to get rid of smelly feet. Radish is a source of vitamin B, C, zinc, and phosphorus. It is effective in preventing the foot odor with its disinfectant property. It kills the bacteria and micro-organisms and eliminates bad foot odor.
Does Radish Make Your Feet Smell Good?
- Extract the juice out of 6 radishes.
- Add this juice to the foot basin with warm water.
- Soak the smelling feet in the solution for 20 minutes and pat them dry.
- Repeat the procedure frequently for treating smelly feet naturally.
[Read more: Get rid of dry skin]
Radish – Easy Smelly Feet Home Remedy
- Combine enough amount of radish paste, ginger paste, and lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the feet and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times in a week to get rid of foot odor.
Homemade Foot Odor Spray with Radish
- Extract the juice of 12 radishes and add 1/4 th tsp of glycerin.
- Mix them thoroughly and store this in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on your feet when you sense a bad odor.
Smelly Feet Cures with Ginger
Ginger is another common kitchen ingredient that stops smelly feet. It detoxifies the body and prevents the growth of germs. Thereby, it helps to prevent foot odor.
How to Treat Sweaty Smelly Feet with Ginger?
- Chop a small piece of ginger finely and tie it in a cotton or silk cloth tightly.
- Soak the pack in half a cup of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Massage your stinky feet with the ginger pulp daily before you sleep.
- Repeat the process every night to get rid of the odor.
Ginger Smelly Feet Treatment at Home
- Make a paste of ginger and apply it on the feet.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Repeat this natural smelly feet curing process regularly.
How to Get Rid of Stinky Feet Forever?
- Boil some ginger pieces in a liter of water.
- Let it cool and then rest your feet in this solution for 15 minutes.
- Take out and pat them dry.
- Repeat the process regularly to clean smelly feet.
Prevent Foul Smelling Feet Faster with Ginger
- Add the ginger puree to 1 cup of hot water and allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and apply the solution on foot.
- Gently massage the feet for a few minutes before you sleep.
- Repeat the procedure every night and continuously for two weeks.
These are some of the best and effective home remedies to get rid of smelly feet permanently. Along with these, you need to follow some basic tips to reduce foot odor easily at home.
Tips to Prevent Foot Odor – Easy Steps to Cure Smelly Feet
- Choose the shoes that provide some ventilation to the foot. Wash your shoes, socks, and inner soles frequently. Make sure the shoes and socks are completely dry before you wear them.
- Take out the shoes when you should sit for longer hours.
- Place the shoes in the place where sun rays can touch them to prevent bacterial growth.
- Do not neglect to wear socks when you use the closed type of shoes.
- Keep your feet dry and clean always. Frequent brushing, cutting of nails is important.
- Avoid alcohol consumption, smoking as they increase sweat production.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of above foot odor remedies, then consult your doctor since excessive sweating may be a symptom of any health problem.
So, a minute change in your lifestyle can help you to get rid of smelly feet.
No More Stinky Feet