Get Rid of Pimples: A very normal condition that affects most of the people is the Pimples. The sebaceous glands (oil glands) swells and fill up with pus due to the infection with bacteria. This leads to the inflammation of the skin and thereby pimple formation.
The primary cause of the problem of pimples is the excessive secretion of sebum by the oil glands. You get the pimples mostly on your face, neck, back, and your shoulders. Even though pimples is not a severe and critical condition, they make the person feel miserable with their bulgy appearance.
You can find several lotions and medicines that treat pimples, but they may take some time to cure them. So, for treating pimples effectively in a short period, there are many natural methods.
[Read more: Natural Hair Growth Remedies]
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples
The top 10 ways to get rid of pimples fast are the following.
You can use the ice to reduce the inflammation, swelling, and redness of pimples quickly. Applying ice on the pimples help to improve blood circulation in the affected areas. It tightens the skin pores and removes dirt, oil that is accumulated on your skin. You can try the ice cubes or crushed ice according to your convenience.
- Wrap some ice pieces in a cloth and place it on the affected areas of skin for a few seconds.
- Take it out, wait for a minute and then repeat the same process.
[Know the uses of lemon for hair fall control]
Another way to get rid of pimples quickly is to use lemon juice, a rich source of vitamin C. It makes the pimples to dry up faster. The important point to note is that you should only use the fresh juice of lemon but not the bottled juice as it has the artificial preservatives. You can apply this remedy in the following couple of ways.
- Apply the lemon juice on your pimples before going to bed using a cotton swab.
- Also, you can add one tsp of cinnamon powder to 1 tbsp of lemon juice and apply it on the pimples. Let it rest overnight. Wash the skin with lukewarm water, the next morning. Moreover, this remedy is not applicable for those who have sensitive skin.
[Read more: How to get rid of cracked feet?]
3. Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil is an excellent remedy for treating acne and pimples. Its antibacterial properties help to fight against the bacteria which is a cause of these skin problems.
The soothing properties of tea tree oil help to reduce the inflammation and redness of pimples. It contributes to dry out the whiteheads and blackheads also.
- Dab a cotton ball dipped in the tea tree essential oil on the pimples affected area. Wash your face after 15 to 20 minutes.
- One more option is to mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply this mixture on the pimples and blemishes and let it rest for 20 minutes. Then wash it off.
- If you have sensitive skin, then dilute the oil with water.
[Learn the natural dehydration treatment]
You can treat pimples quickly using your regular toothpaste to clean your teeth in the morning. Using this toothpaste remedy followed by ice cubes is very effective. Avoid the gel toothpaste application on the pimples and use a white toothpaste.
- Before going to bed, apply enough amount of white toothpaste on the skin area affected with pimples.
- Wash the face with water the next morning. You can observe an improvement in the swelling.
- You can also apply the toothpaste in the day time too. But you should leave the paste on for a minimum of 30 minutes.
An all time wonderful treatment for your skin is the Steaming. It also works wonders when you have pimples. The steam allows the skin cells to breathe by opening up the pores. Thereby, it helps to get rid of the oils, dirt, and bacteria which is trapped in the pores which may cause inflammation and infection of the skin.
- Fill up a container with hot water. Let your face get the steam in contact for a few minutes.
- Then wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Now apply an oil-free moisturizer.
[Read more: Tips to get rid of sweaty hands]
An antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, and antiseptic agent for a faster treatment of pimples, is the garlic. It promotes a quick healing of pimples due to the presence of sulfur.
- Massage the pieces of fresh garlic on the pimples and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Then wash off the skin with lukewarm water.
- Do this treatment many times in a day.
- Taking a raw garlic clove every day purifies your blood. Avoid overeating of raw garlic as it upsets your stomach.
[Read more: Home remedies to remove dark circles under eyes]
7. Baking Soda
Here is another effective home remedy to get rid of pimples. The baking soda exfoliates the skin and removes any excess dirt, oil, or any dead skin cells.
- Add a few drops of water or lemon juice to 1 tsp of baking soda and mix them to a thick paste.
- Before applying this paste, clean your face and do not completely dry it.
- Now, apply the mixture to the affected skin areas and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Remember no to remain baking soda for a longer time on the skin because it irritates and dries up your skin.
- So, after a few minutes wash off the face with water.
- Do this process two times a day to get faster results.
[Learn how to use honey on dry skin]
A natural source of antibiotics to increase the rate of the healing process of pimples is Honey. It also helps in preventing infections.
- Use a cotton swab to apply honey directly on the pimples.
- Let it rest for 1/2 hour and then wash off the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process few times in a day to get rid of pimples fast.
- An alternative method of using this remedy is to mix cinnamon powder and honey. And then spread it all over the pimples before sleeping. Leave it on the whole night and then wash off with cold water in the morning.
- You can observe a reduction in the inflammation and swelling of a pimple.
[Get the list of sun tan removal remedies]
Here is another home remedy for pimples. Cucumber is a good source of vitamins A, C, E, and potassium. It provides a soothing and cooling effect to the skin.
- Soak the pieces of two cucumbers in water for an hour. Meanwhile, the vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll of cucumber slices get settled in the water.
- Now, strain the water and use this water to rinse your face. Or you can also drink this cucumber solution.
- Another option is to prepare a face mask with the cucumber ground paste.
- Spread this paste of cucumber on the face and let it dry for nearly 15 minutes.
- Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- By this, you will have your skin free from bacteria and dirt.
The papaya fruit is an amazing treatment for pimples. It is rich in antioxidant vitamin A, and some enzymes that reduce the skin inflammation due to pimples. Thereby it provides a smooth and softer skin.
- Get the juice out of a raw papaya and spread it on the pimples.
- Let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off.
- You can also use the papaya to make an exfoliating face mask. Add a little honey to the papaya pulp.
- Apply this mixture on the face and have a gentle massage.
- Wash your face when the mask dries off.