- 1 Why Should You Use Honey for Chapped Lips Treatment?
- 2 How to Use Honey for Chapped Lips? – Homemade Moisture Therapy to Heal Chapped Lips
- 3 Simple Homemade Tips to Prevent Chapped Lips
Honey for Chapped Lips: A shocking news for those using the commercial lip balms to treat chapped lips is that they contain the cancer-causing chemicals. They weaken the skin’s ability to retain the natural moisture of the lips and make them dry further.
So, you need a safer solution for chapped lips. Right? But before getting down to the solution, let us know th causes for chapped lips. The chapped lips causes include dehydration, smoking, exposure to the sun, allergy, vitamin deficiency, seasonal changes, etc.
A challenge for these dry lips causes is hiding in your kitchen. It is nothing but the honey which is a perfect natural remedy for chapped lips. Let us know why is honey an effective remedy for healing chapped lips.
[Get more Home remedies for chapped lips]
Why Should You Use Honey for Chapped Lips Treatment?
- Honey being a natural humectant, it locks the moisture of the skin cells.
- It contains minerals and vitamins that heal cracked lips.
- The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties fo honey prevents the growth of infection in the lips cracks.
- Honey makes the skin soft and supple by regaining the natural oils.
So, these are the benefits of honey to cure chapped lips fast. With these uses in mind, here are some ways to use honey for treating chapped, dry lips naturally and to get soft lips.
[Read more: How to get rid of dry scalp?]
How to Use Honey for Chapped Lips? – Homemade Moisture Therapy to Heal Chapped Lips
Home Remedies to Treat Chapped Lips – Easy Honey Recipes for Curing Dry Lips
You can try honey on lips in the following methods.
Use Honey to Soothe Chapped Lips and Dry Skin – Instant Treatment for Chapped Lips
- Spread a thin layer of honey on your cracked lips.
- Let it rest for the whole night and wash off in the morning.
- Also, repeat the several times a day to get rid of chapped lips overnight.
[Read more: How to get pink lips from dark lips?]
Honey and Sugar Remedy for Chapped Lips
Using sugar and honey for chapped lips is a process of exfoliating the lips naturally. It removes the dead skin cells and flakes.
- Mix one tsp honey and two tsp sugar and apply this mixture on your lips.
- Massage gently for a few minutes and then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then wash off with warm water.
- Repeat using this chapped lips scrub thrice a week for curing chapped lips naturally at home.
- You can also use one tsp olive oil or 2 drops of lavender oil to treat chapped lips.
[Read more: Get Instant Fairness naturally at home]
Honey and Vaseline for Dry Lips – Best Remedy for Chapped Lips Besides Chapstick
- Firstly, wet your lips with warm water and then apply a layer of honey.
- Leave it for a few seconds and then apply another layer of vaseline on honey.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and wipe the lips with water using a cotton ball.
- Repeat the procedure every day to heal chapped swollen lips.
DIY: Homemade Natural Honey Coconut Lip Moisturizer
- Mix equal quantities of honey and coconut oil.
- Apply this moisturizer on the lip cracks and let it rest for the whole night.
- Then wash off in the morning.
- Repeat the procedure every day to get rid of chapped lips overnight.
Simple Homemade Tips to Get Rid of Dry Lips – Lemon and Honey for Chapped Lips
- Mix equal quantities of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the solution on the severely cracked lips and let it rest overnight.
- Wash off the next morning.
- Repeat the procedure every day to cure extremely chapped lips quickly.
[Also read how lemon prevents acne scars]
DIY Lip Balm with Honey for Chapped Lips Cure
Olive Oil, Honey, and Sugar Lip Balm
- Mix manuka honey, sugar, and olive oil.
- Store this mixture in an air-tight container.
- Refrigerate the mixture to solidify.
- Make use of this natural lip scrub daily to prevent chapped lips.
[Read more: How to lighten skin naturally?]
Honey and Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe
- Melt beeswax using the double boiler method.
- Turn off the flame and add almond oil, honey.
- Leave it aside until it gets a solid state.
- Apply this chapped lips cure mixture every day to relieve dry lips.
Homemade Lip Balm with Shea Butter and Honey for Chapped Lips
- Melt a tbsp grated beeswax using a double boiler and add five white chocolate chips.
- Stir well and turn off the flame.
- Add 1 tbsp shea butter, one tsp honey, almond oil, olive oil, three drops vanilla extract to this hot mixture.
- Stir well and store it in an airtight container and refrigerate to solidify.
- Apply this natural lip moisturizer whenever you require a relief from chapped lips.
[Read more: Tips to whiten teeth naturally]
How to Make a Lip Gloss with Honey for Chapped Lips?
- Add ten fresh cranberries, 1 tbsp almond oil, one drop vitamin E oil to a microwave pan.
- Microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes and then take out the pan.
- Crush the berries gently and let it cool.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and add one tsp, honey.
- Stir well and store it in an airtight container.
- Apply this homemade lip gloss every day to reduce severely chapped lips.
Simple Homemade Tips to Prevent Chapped Lips
Along with the use of above-chapped lips remedies with honey, it is better to follow some tips for preventing chapped lips faster.
- If you are allergic to pollen, then avoid using the honey remedies for dry lips.
- Make a habit of exfoliating the lips regularly to remove dead skin cells and dirt accumulation in the cracks of the lips.
- Prevent licking the lips as the saliva further dries up the lips.
- Hydrate your body by drinking plenty of water to prevent dehydration that causes chapped lips.
- Moreover, do not peel the skin from cracks lips as it may trigger the infection growth.
Finally, these are some of the natural remedies for chapped lips with honey. Follow these tips to use honey for chapped lips regularly and find a simple way to get rid of chapped lips naturally. If you find any irritation to any of the remedies, stop using them.
Pamper Your Lips with Honey