- 1 Easy Homemade Mouthwash - Natural Mouth Freshener Recipes
- 1.1 Natural Antibacterial Recipe - Homemade Salt Mouthwash
- 1.2 DIY Magic Mouthwash with Neem
- 1.3 Homemade Alcohol-Free Mouthwash with Clove
- 1.4 Instant Homemade Cinnamon Lemon Mouthwash for Fresh Breath
- 1.5 Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthwash for Teeth Whitening
- 1.6 Best Natural Mouthwash with Coconut Oil
- 1.7 DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Mouth Rinse
- 1.8 Simple Homemade Baking Soda Mouthwash
Homemade Mouthwash: What makes your mouth and breath fresh? Is brushing your answer? If yes, you are just 25% correct. Because brushing completes only 1/4 th of the mouth cleaning process. To fulfill the remaining process, mouthwash makes its way. Because they help to clean the inner areas of the mouth where a brush cannot reach. You might be using many commercial mouthwash products, but they may also give you some side effects. Any presence of alcohol, mint in the mouthwash may dry the mouth too much.
So, the safest alternative is the natural mouthwash for a better oral hygiene. They are free from artificial flavors, sweeteners, alcohol, etc. You just need very simple ingredients from your kitchen. Here are the best methods of making mouthwash at home.
Easy Homemade Mouthwash - Natural Mouth Freshener Recipes
Natural Antibacterial Recipe - Homemade Salt Mouthwash
Here is the first best homemade mouthwash with salt. A very simple salt water mouthwash reduce the dental bacteria. However, it raises the pH balance of your mouth temporarily. Thereby, it creates an alkaline atmosphere where the bacteria cannot resist its living. Salt water also helps in relieving teeth infections, toothache, and gum sores.
How to Make a Saltwater Mouth Rinse?
- Mix half a tsp salt to a cup of lukewarm water and stir well.
- Wash your mouth with the saline solution two times a day to get rid of bad breath.
[Read more: How to Prevent Dry Socket?]
DIY Magic Mouthwash with Neem
This is an antiseptic homemade mouthwash recipe. Because Neem is an ancient Indian medicine which is used as a toothpaste for dental, body problems. It contains the antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties. They destroy the bacteria that causes cavities, dental plaque, and tartar deposits. The neem mouthwash also provides relief from gingivitis, periodontitis.
How to Use Neem Bark Extract Mouthwash?
- Boil a handful of neem leaves and twigs in 3 cups of water.
- Let them boil until the quantity of water reduces to half.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Strain the water and store in a glass container.
- Make use of this Neem mouth rinse 2 to 3 times in a day.
- You can also use neem oil instead of neem leaves in making the mouthwash.
[Read more: Toothpaste for pimples]
Homemade Alcohol-Free Mouthwash with Clove
Clove is an antiseptic, antibacterial herbal dental medicine, which fights periodontal gum disease, oral bacteria. It contains the eugenol component that works as the natural analgesic and relieves a toothache. Moreover, this all-natural clove mouthwash cures tooth infections and gum disorders.
How to All-Natural Mouthwash at Home?
- Boil 1 tbsp cloves in a cup of water by covering the glass bowl with a lid.
- Turn off the flame and let the solution cool down completely.
- Strain the water and store it in a glass container.
- Rinse your mouth with this natural mouthwash twice a day.
[Also read how to cure congested chest]
Instant Homemade Cinnamon Lemon Mouthwash for Fresh Breath
To kill the bacteria which cause bad breath, cinnamon is the options. Meanwhile lemon adds a refreshing citrus scent to the freshener. This homemade antibacterial mouthwash fights halitosis and oral bacteria.
Recipe of Cinnamon Mouthwash to Fight Bad Breath
- Add half a tbsp cinnamon powder to the fresh juice of two lemons.
- Then pour one cup of boiling water to the mixture and mix well.
- Cool down the mixture completely.
- Gargle 2 to 3 tbsps of this mouthwash two times a day.
Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthwash for Teeth Whitening
An effective natural cleanser and disinfectant which helps in whitening your teeth and preventing dental infections are here. Hydrogen peroxide is a known remedy for many dental problems. However, it speeds up the healing process of any infection. Ensure that you do not swallow this mouthwash as it shows adverse effects on your health.
Easy Homemade Mouthwash to Whiten Teeth
- Add equal quantities of distilled water and 2% hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix them thoroughly and store in a glass container.
- Have a sip of this mouth cleaning liquid and gargle for 30 seconds.
- Then spit it out.
- Repeat using this miracle mouthwash twice a day to get rid of bad breath and oral issues.
Best Natural Mouthwash with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an antimicrobial agent. It fights bacteria, improves the oral health. Homemade mouthwash with coconut oil also prevents cavities and refreshes your breath.
How Can Coconut Oil Be Used as a Remineralising Mouthwash?
- Add a tbsp coconut oil to half a cup of water.
- Mix well and add a pinch of sea salt, two drops of peppermint oil.
- Store this mixture in a glass bottle.
- Before using this natural mouth rinse, shake it well.
- Have a sip of this mixture and gargle for a minute and spit it out.
- Repeat the procedure 1 to 2 times a day.
[Read more: How to cure nasal congestion?]
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Mouth Rinse
Apple cider vinegar contains the acetic acid, the malic acid which prevents bad breath causing bacteria. It is also rich in the antiseptic properties which break down the dental plaque. The natural mouth rinse treats cavities, gum infections, etc.
How to Make the Antiseptic Homemade Mouthwash?
- Mix 2 tbsp raw, unfiltered, organic ACV and one cup of water.
- Mix them thoroughly with a spoon and store it in a glass container.
- Have a sip of this solution and gargle for 30 seconds, spit it out.
- Do this gargling after every meal.
Simple Homemade Baking Soda Mouthwash
Baking soda has the cleansing properties that remove plaque deposits, residues between the teeth. Moreover, the tea tree oil contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying properties. They help to fight gingivitis.
DIY Organic Natural Mouthwash
- Mix 2 tbsp baking soda, half cup warm water, 3 to 4 drops tea tree oil.
- Stir them well with a spoon.
- Rinse your mouth with 2 to 3 tbsp of this mouth rinse.
- Repeat the gargle with this solution two times a day.
- Make sure that you do not swallow the solution as tea tree oil can show adverse reactions in the body.
These are some of the best easy mouthwashes that can make you feel the fresh breath. Make use of them regularly to fight cavities, prevent bad breath, treat oral problems. Moreover, if you want to save money and save your health, start using the natural homemade mouthwashes. Skip the commercial products and switch to natural DIY mouth washes.