- 1 How to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast? Best Toothache Relief Remedies
- 1.1 How Does Clove Oil Help Toothache?
- 1.2 Toothache Home Remedy with Ginger and Cayenne Pepper
- 1.3 Instant Toothache Relief Medicine at Home - Peppermint Oil
- 1.4 Soothe a Toothache Naturally with Onion
- 1.5 Natural Remedy for Constant Tooth Pain with Pepper & Salt
- 1.6 Get Relief From an Extreme Toothache with Garlic
- 1.7 Homemade Mouthwash to Cure Tooth Pain - Salt Water
- 1.8 Herbal Remedies for a Toothache - Guava Leaves
Home Remedies for Toothache Relief: Though you brush teeth every day, some factors may affect your teeth and cause toothaches. Even the sweetest things also hurt when you have a toothache. Teeth play a vital role in overall health and help us to eat foods. Hence, we must keep our teeth healthy and free from infections.
You will get a toothache when the pulp, the central region of the tooth becomes inflamed or irritated. Pulp consists of various nerve endings which are sensitive. The main causes of toothaches include injuries, infections, gum diseases, cavities, decayed tooth. Other factors that contribute toothaches are loose tooth filling, cracked tooth, exposed tooth root, jaw joint disorder.
When you have a toothache, you must immediately consult a dentist. Otherwise, the nearby teeth will also get infected. Else, you can also use some natural remedies for toothache relief.
Symptoms of Toothaches
Tooth pain is the main symptom of tooth decay. But there are also other signs and symptoms that indicate dental issues.
- Trouble breathing.
- Mouth pain.
- Trouble swallowing.
- Foul tasting discharge.
- Tooth pain and inflammation.
- Fever and chills.
- Red or irritated gums.
How to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast? Best Toothache Relief Remedies
How Does Clove Oil Help Toothache?
Clove is a popular home remedy for numbing tooth pain instantly. It contains the chemical compound named eugenol which has an anesthetic effect. Also, cloves contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can kill bacteria. Hence, use ground cloves for toothaches medicine. You can also use clove oil for severe toothache pain.
How to Relieve a Toothache Naturally?
- Grind two cloves in the form of powder.
- Mix the ground cloves powder and little olive oil very well.
- Apply the mixture on the inflamed tooth.
- Using this toothache treatment regularly can help to cure tooth pain naturally.
How to Use Clove Oil for Toothache Relief?
- Dab a cotton swab in clove oil.
- Rub gently on your painful teeth.
- Another option, mix few drops of clove oil in a 1/2 glass water and use it as a mouthwash.
- Else, chewing cloves is also good for tooth pain cure.
Toothache Home Remedy with Ginger and Cayenne Pepper
Ginger is the best pain reliever for toothache relief. While cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin which also contains pain relieving properties that are effective in treating toothache.
How to Stop a Toothache at Home?
- Take equal quantities of this two toothache pain killers(ginger and cayenne pepper).
- Add sufficient water to them and make into a paste.
- Dab a cotton ball in this toothache pain reliever.
- Place it on your tooth pain by avoiding gums and tongue.
- Leave the mixture for few minutes until the extreme toothache pain subsides.
- Continue this dental pain treatment regularly to cure a severe toothache fast.
Instant Toothache Relief Medicine at Home - Peppermint Oil
Why all toothpaste contain peppermint? The secret behind this is peppermint acts a good painkiller and disinfects your teeth. The anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint help to reduce gum swelling and soreness. There are several natural ways to get rid of a toothache with peppermint. You can chew fresh peppermint leaves for curing toothache. Else, dip a cotton ball in peppermint oil and apply it on your painful teeth to soothe a toothache. Another option for treating toothache pain is peppermint tea.
How to Treat a Toothache with Peppermint Tea?
- Add 1 tbsp of dried peppermint leaves to one cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes and then allow the tea to cool.
- Swish this liquid around your mouth and spit it out.
- The numbing nature of peppermint can cure toothaches fastly.
- Repeat this treatment for toothache relief regularly.
Soothe a Toothache Naturally with Onion
What's good for a toothache? Another popular home remedy for toothache cure is onion. It is a natural antibiotic and has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Hence, it kills germs that cause an infection and helps a toothache.
Stop Tooth pain Fast with Onion
- Whenever you have the first sign of a tooth pain, chew raw onion pieces for few minutes to relieve toothache pain.
- If you are unable to chew, put a piece of raw onion directly on the bad infected teeth or gum.
Natural Remedy for Constant Tooth Pain with Pepper & Salt
Salt mixed with pepper is the combination that works better than over the counter toothache medications. Both of these two ingredients have antibacterial, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties. So, they are effective in treating tooth pain.
How to Cure a Toothache with Pepper & Salt?
- Mix same amounts of pepper and salt in the form of a paste by adding enough water.
- Apply this toothache relieving paste directly on your painful teeth.
- Allow the paste to settle on the abscessed tooth for few minutes.
- Then, rinse your mouth with homemade mouthwashes.
- Repeat using this tooth pain home remedy for several days until you get rid of a toothache.
Get Relief From an Extreme Toothache with Garlic
Garlic is also one of the home remedies for toothache. The antibiotic and medicinal properties present in garlic made it work as a best tooth pain reliever. So, use garlic home remedy for reducing toothache naturally, and you can sleep better.
How to Heal Tooth Pain Quickly with Garlic?
- Crush one garlic clove and mix it with table salt or black salt.
- Apply this mixture directly on your inflamed tooth for alleviating the tooth pain.
- You can also chew garlic clove for instant toothache relief.
- Repeat either of these two toothache remedies for getting rid of tooth pain.
Homemade Mouthwash to Cure Tooth Pain - Salt Water
The no cost home remedy which is effective in soothing a toothache is salt water. The bacteria in the mouth converts the sugars in the food we consume into lactic acid. This acid infects your teeth and results in toothache. The salt neutralizes this acid and prevents the tooth from being infected. Also, it helps to ease tooth pain effectively.
How to Ease a Toothache with salt water?
- Mix a half spoon of table salt in a glass of warm water.
- Make sure the salt dissolves in the water and use it to rinse your mouth daily to cure tooth pain.
Herbal Remedies for a Toothache - Guava Leaves
Fresh guava leaves are one of the instant toothache remedies. They alleviate your toothache with their anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antimicrobial properties. Here is the process of using guava leaves for treating a toothache at home.
How to use Guava Leaves for Treating Toothache?
- Chew one or two guava leaves until the juice of leaves works on affected tooth. Similar to guava leaves, you can also chew spinach leaves to treat a toothache.
- One more alternative remedy for a toothache with guava leaves is to boil 4 to 5 leaves in water.
- Cool the solution to warm temperature and add some salt.
- Use this guava solution as a mouthwash for relieving an ache in the teeth.
So, these are the DIY home remedies for severe tooth pain. Make use of these natural remedies for relieving toothache gradually.