- 1 Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms & UTI Causes
- 2 What is the Best Bladder Infection Treatment? Top Home Remedies for UTI
- 2.1 Indian Home Remedies for Urine Infection - Indian Gooseberry
- 2.2 How to Cure a UTI at Home Fast? - Baking Soda
- 2.3 Benefits of Cinnamon for Urinary Tract Infections
- 2.4 Natural Cures for UTI with Ginger Tea - Herbal Teas to Relieve Urinary Tract Infection
- 2.5 Hot Compress for Relieving Urinary Tract Infection
- 2.6 How to Get Rid of Urinary Tract Infection in 24 hrs? Tips to Control UTI
Home Remedies for UTI: A growth of bacteria in the urethra opening and getting into the urinary tract leads to UTI or a bladder infection. The main causes of UTI are sexual intercourse and poor hygiene. Urination flushes out the bacteria from urethra but cannot prevent the spread of bacteria. It this is not treated properly, the bacteria may reach the kidneys and can cause kidney infections.
[Learn how to treat excessive sweating]
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms & UTI Causes
The UTI symptoms vary from person to person. Women are at a high risk of developing UTI than men because of a shorter urethra than men.
Symptoms of UTI
- A frequent and strong urge for urination.
- Burning sensation during urination.
- The density of urine gets cloudy.
- A strong smell while urinating.
- Pain in the pelvis for women and rectum for men.
Causes of UTI
- Abnormalities in the urinary tract.
- Weak immune system.
- Lack of proper nutrition.
- Birth control, catheter usage.
- Urinary tract blocking, etc
The best and natural way to prevent urinary tract infection is to maintain a healthy hygiene and cleanliness. Apart from them, there are some simple home remedies for UTI which are safe and effective.
[Read more: How to cure stomach pain?]
What is the Best Bladder Infection Treatment? Top Home Remedies for UTI
Indian Home Remedies for Urine Infection - Indian Gooseberry
The natural Amla or Indian gooseberry is one of the best home remedies for UTI. As it is rich in vitamin C, it prevents the growth of bacteria and maintains a healthy bladder. It kills the bacterial infection and flushes the toxins out of the body with its natural antibacterial property.
How to Treat UTI with Amla?
- Add one tsp amla powder, a pinch of turmeric powder to a cup of boiling water.
- Stir the mixture well and boil it until it gets down to half the initial volume.
- Let it cool slightly and drink the solution.
- Replay the process thrice a day for a week to get rid of UTI.
Urinary Tract infection Treatment with Gooseberry
- Add one tsp amla powder to a glass of water.
- Drink this amla solution on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Also, drink it for another two times in the day to reduce UTI.
- You can also add amla powder and honey in 2:1 ratio and drink it thrice a day.
How to Cure a UTI at Home Fast? - Baking Soda
Baking soda is also an effective home remedy for UTI. As it is alkaline in nature, it neutralizes the urine acidity. Thereby, it prevents the burning sensation during urination. So, baking soda can be used to relieve the urinary tract infection. Remember too much of anything is dangerous. So, use it only for a limited number if times.
UTI Infection Treatment with Baking Soda
- Add half a tsp baking soda to a cup of water.
- Drink the solution once or twice a day for UTI relief.
[Read more: How to remove unwanted hair?]
Benefits of Cinnamon for Urinary Tract Infections
Here is the powerful herbal treatment for UTI with cinnamon. It kills the E. coli ( Escherichia coli) bacteria which causes UTI.
Prevent UTI with Cinnamon
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder to a cup of warm water.
- Drink it by stirring continuously as cinnamon does not mix with water immediately.
- Do this process of treating urinary tract infection for at least once in a day for curing UTI.
- Cinnamon can stop or delay the menstrual period.
- It can also be used to induce labor or as a contraceptive.
- While making the tea for older people and the people above the age of 65, use a little quantity of cinnamon. And do not use this remedy on children below the age of 2.
[Read more: Home remedies for asthma]
Natural Cures for UTI with Ginger Tea - Herbal Teas to Relieve Urinary Tract Infection
Ginger is also one of the natural home remedies for UTI. It blocks the prostaglandin synthesis to cure urinary tract infection. Ginger reduces the bladder infection pain and inflammation. It contains the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help to prevent bacterial growth and reduce pain.
Ginger Tea for Preventing Bladder Infection
- Add an inch of fresh ginger root to a cup of boiling water and steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the tea and add a little lemon juice, honey.
- Stir well and drink the ginger tea for treating UTI fast.
[Learn how to cure ringworm]
Hot Compress for Relieving Urinary Tract Infection
Here is the natural and instant reliever for urinary tract infection. The hot compress method will minimize the bladder pressure and relieves the UTI pain. It reduces the inflammation and prevents the UTI-causing bacteria.
- Fill a water bottle with hot water and place it on the lower abdomen.
- Rest the bottle for a few minutes until you get relief from the UTI pain.
- You can also use a heating pad to get complete relief from urinary tract infection pain.
[Read more: Home treatment for anemia]
How to Get Rid of Urinary Tract Infection in 24 hrs? Tips to Control UTI
Apart from the above effective home remedies for UTI, you need to follow some basic tips to cure UTI.
- To recover from UTI fast and completely, one should drink lots and lots of water. It flushes out the bacteria and toxins in the urinary tract.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables, vitamin C rich foods like lemons, oranges, berries, tomatoes, pineapple, guava, etc. Exercise for at least 30 minutes to strengthen the immune system.
- Avoid alcohol, nicotine, spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, chocolates, etc.
- Do not the suppress the urge to urinate since it holds on bacteria.
- Do not use fragrant soaps or lotions to wash genital areas. Just use water or the specific products for washing them.
- Make a habit of washing your hands after using the toilet.
- To prevent the bacterial growth, wear comfortable cotton underwear to keep the area dry.
- Use sanitary napkins during menstrual periods and change them frequently.
- You can also use the pain relievers if you cannot bear the UTI pain.
- Consult your doctor at the first sign of UTI to prevent other bacterial infections in the body.
So, these are some of the fast home remedies for UTI. Opt the best ones and make use of the natural UTI treatment regularly. If you observe no result with these remedies, consult a doctor and follow their steps to cure urinary tract infection completely. Let us know the experience of using these home treatments for urinary tract infection or the bladder infection.