- 1 How to Get Rid of a Stye? Quick Home Remedies for Stye on Eyelid
Effective Home Remedies for Stye: Have you ever wake up with a painful eyelid that turns into a small red bump with time? A Stye is one kind of infection caused due to Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria at the eye sebaceous glands which lead to the formation of painful bumps on the eyelids, eyelashes or under them. The medical term of Stye is Hordeolum and is filled with pus.
What is a Stye? When oil glands present in eyelids get clogged with dead skin cells, oil, dirt particles, the bacteria will grow and can cause inflammation which turns to Stye. Usually, Sty looks like a pimple and develops mostly on the outer edge of an eyelid, but in rare cases, it also occurs on the inside of an eyelid.
The common causes of Stye in the Eye are Hormonal changes, stress, poor hygiene. And, the signs and symptoms of Eye Stye are:
- Lump on the top or bottom of an eye.
- Burning sensation.
- Swelling of eyes.
- Pain in the eyes.
- Eye tenderness.
- Redness in the eyes.
- Blurred vision.
- Mucus discharge from the affected eye.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
- Difficulty blinking.
If these Styes rupture, the pus will spread to surrounding areas and cause infection, but Styes are not contagious. You may also get blood from the Styes in some situations. Do you know How long does a Stye Last? Usually, Styes will last away within one week. But some home remedies can speed up the healing process. So, have a glance at these home remedies for Stye treatment.
How to Get Rid of a Stye? Quick Home Remedies for Stye on Eyelid
Warm Compress for Stye Removal at Home
The most simple and popular home remedy for treating Stye at home is warm compress. The slight heat increases circulation in the eyelid and removes the Pus that contained in the Stye. So, it will drain out easily and fastly. When Pus releases from the Eye Stye, the symptoms of Stye will improve gradually.
How to Treat Stye on the Eye Naturally?
- Soak a clean towel in warm water and then wring out the excess water from it.
- Put this towel over the Stye in eye and hold it for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this Eye Stye Treatment for several times in a day until the Pus is released.
- Then, clean the Pus with a cotton ball when it drains.
- Continue this Stye Remedy till the Pus stops draining.
Another option, You can also add salt to the warm water because the salt has antimicrobial properties. Hence, it prevents Stye Eye from getting infected and also reduces inflammation.
[Also get the best remedies to cure a black eye naturally]
How to Cure a Stye Naturally with Coriander Seeds?
What to do for a Stye Relief? Coriander seeds are the best home remedies for Stye removal. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties in it help to reduce the Stye Symptoms like redness, swelling, pain, irritation. Also, it speeds up the healing process of Stye on your Eye.
Get rid of Stye Pictures with Coriander Seeds
- Add one tsp of coriander seeds to a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Then, strain the solution and use this for washing your eye.
- Repeat this Stye Eye home remedy for 2 to 3 times in a day until your Stye cures.
Make a Stye Go Away Fast with Guava Leaves
To remove stye on your eye, guava leaves are a good choice. They are well-known for its medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, they can reduce swelling and redness of an eye and cures Stye under top eyelid. The tannins contained in guava leaves also help to speed up the healing process.
How do you treat an eye stye?
- First, clean few guava leaves in hot water thoroughly.
- Put the cleaned guava leaf on your Stye eye and rest for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this Stye in eye treatment with other leaves also.
- Continuing this natural remedy for 2 times in a day for 3 days can remove Styes from Upper eyelids.
Get Instant Relief from Eye Stye Pain with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil home remedy is the fastest way to heal a Stye. The antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil reduce the inflammation and destroys the bacteria that grown on both lower and upper eyelids. Hence, it prevents Stye eye fastly and considered as one of the home remedies for Stye. Raw tea tree oil can cause itching to the skin under eyelids, so use it after diluting with water. Make sure to not enter tea tree oil in your eyes.
Use Tea tree oil for Stye Itching Healing Process
- Mix one tsp of tea tree oil and 2 tbsps of filtered water in a bowl.
- Place this Stye Eye Medicine in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Soak a cotton swab in this mixture and spread it around your Stye Eyes to reduce swelling.
- Repeat this treatment for stye inside eyelid relief for 3 times in a day until the pain subsides.
[Read also: How to get rid of dark circles under eyes]
Natural Treatment for Stye Eye Infection – Cloves
How to heal a Stye in your Eye Naturally? Clove is also the best one in natural remedies for Styes. It is a natural anesthetic and hence creates numbness on the Eye Stye pain and irritation in eyelids. The antibacterial properties of clove can prevent spreading of Eye Stye infection; its antiseptic property stops Stye Eye pain.
Method of using Cloves for Stye Eye Home Treatment
- Add 5 or 6 cloves to a glass of water and allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
- Then, take out the cloves from the water.
- After, soak a cloth in this water and remove the excess water.
- Hold this cloth on the infected Styes for few minutes.
- Repeat this Eyelid Stye Treatment for 2 or 3 times in a day until your Styes go away.
[Also know how to get thick eyebrows naturally]
Natural Ways to Avoid Styes at Home
- Wash your hands before applying Stye Ointment. Otherwise, the bacteria and dirt particles will accumulate on the skin and lead to infection.
- Don’t pop the Styes.
- Clean your eyelids regularly.
- Don’t use disposable lens more than once.
- Don’t touch the Styes repeatedly.
So, these are the effective and proven home remedies for Stye. Mostly your Eye Styes go away by using these natural ways. But if not treated and when Stye size increases, contact the doctor. He will prescribe the over counter medications, Stye antibiotic creams or Eye drops to remove Styes under lower and upper Eyelids.