- 1 Home Remedies for Stuffy Nose - Best Nasal Congestion Treatment
- 1.1 Steam Remedy for Nose Congestion
- 1.2 Neti Pot to Clear Blocked Nose
- 1.3 Eucalyptus Oil to Cure Stuffy Nose Naturally
- 1.4 Curing Nasal Congestion with Acupressure Points
- 1.5 Natural Nasal Congestion Medicine - Black Pepper for Clogged Nose
- 1.6 Does Cayenne Pepper Cure a Stuffy Nose?
Home Remedies for Stuffy Nose: A congested nose is a big challenging task during nights. Most of us think that the cause of stuffy nose is the excess mucus in the nose. However, the actual stuffy nose cause is an inflamed blood vessel in the sinuses. Infants, adults, newborns, ans everyone can face this problem at one or the other time. The triggers of inflammation include cold, flu, sinus infections, allergies. Moreover, the symptoms of a stuffy nose are a minor headache, sinus pain, watery eyes, hoarse voice.
When there is no immediate treatment for a stuffy nose or a blocked nose, it leads to ear infections and improper sleep. Many commercial nasal sprays can give a relief from a stuffy nose but they can make you addictive. So, natural solutions to get rid of a stuffy nose are here. Have a look at the best home treatments for a stuffy nose.
Home Remedies for Stuffy Nose - Best Nasal Congestion Treatment
Below are the best natural solutions for a stuffy nose that can give you an instant comfort. Choose any one of them and use regularly to relieve a stuffy nose.
[Read more: Home remedies for kidney stones]
Steam Remedy for Nose Congestion
One of the best Home remedies for stuffy nose is the inhaling of steam. The warm vapors reduce the inflammation of blood vessels, thin up the mucus,
Quick Ways to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Boil enough amount of water in a bowl and turn off the flame.
- Then lean forward by maintaining a gap of 30 cms between the bowl and yourself.
- Cover the head with a cloth to stop the vapors from escaping.
- Start inhaling and exhaling for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process two times a day for fast relief from nasal congestion.
- You can also add a few drops of any essential oil like peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, carom seeds, etc. in the boiling water to prevent nasal blockage.
[Also read the steps to get instant earache relief]
Neti Pot to Clear Blocked Nose
To clear off nasal passages by removing congestion, neti pot is one of the common home remedies for stuffy nose. It flushes out the impurities, mucus present in your nasal passages. If you are suffering from flu, then avoid using this remedy for nasal congestion.
How to Fix a Stuffy Nose Fast?
- Add 1 tsp salt to a glass of warm distilled sterile water.
- Pour this stuffy nose relieving solution into a neti pot.
- Now, tilt your head to a side in the sink and place the spout of the pot in the nostril.
- Tilt the pot until the solution enters your nasal passages and water come out of the other nostril completely.
- Do this procedure on the other nostril too.
- Repeat the process every day to cure stuffy nose quickly.
[Read more: Treatment for morning sickness]
Eucalyptus Oil to Cure Stuffy Nose Naturally
For treating nasal congestion, eucalyptus oil is one of the effective home remedies for stuffy nose. It contains the anti-inflammatory and natural nasal decongestant properties. So, it helps to clear the thick mucus in the nose and also acts as the best natural cough suppressant.
How to Treat a Stuffy Runny Nose Naturally?
- Add 3 to 5 drops of eucalyptus oil to enough amounts of hot water.
- Inhale the vapors slowly for a couple of minutes by covering the head with a towel and make sure that you close your eyes.
- Repeat the stuffy nose treatment twice a day.
An alternative method of using eucalyptus oil to treat a stuffy nose is,
- Sprinkle 1 to 2 drops of eucalyptus oil on your handkerchief and pillow covers before you sleep.
- Also, add a few drops of the oil in your bath tub.
- Continue using the stuffy nose home remedies daily until you get relief from a stuffy nose.
[Also read home remedies for stomach bloating]
Curing Nasal Congestion with Acupressure Points
Applying pressure on certain points on the body to relieve problems is the Acupressure treatment. It also works wonders to reduce a stuffy nose.
How to Relieve a Stuffy Nose with Acupressure?
- Place your index fingers on either side of the eye cavity. It is just above the nose and below your eyebrow.
- Massage the sinuses in and out in circular motions around the nose.
- Repeat the same process for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Place the index finger outside and below the eyes and massage inwards in circles.
- Place the thumbs on the cheek bones and massage in circular motions.
- Repeat it for 20 to 35 seconds.
- Do this acupressure treatment for a stuffy nose 4 to 5 times to get relief from sinuses pressure.
[Learn the natural armpit rash treatments]
Natural Nasal Congestion Medicine - Black Pepper for Clogged Nose
Pepper is one of the relieving home remedies for stuffy nose while sleeping. It contains anti-inflammatory properties that provide a relief from congestion, blocked sinus, and blood tissues' swelling.
How to Use Black Pepper for s Stuffy Nose Cure?
- Add a tsp black pepper, 1 tbsp honey to a cup of hot water.
- Steep for 15 minutes with a lid on it.
- Mix well and cool it down to lukewarm.
- Drink this stuffy nose medicine twice a day to prevent nose block problem.
[Read more: Get rid of vaginal itching]
Does Cayenne Pepper Cure a Stuffy Nose?
Cayenne Pepper is one of the fastest home remedies for stuffy nose. It helps to treat nasal congestion and blocked sinuses very effectively. It contains the capsaicin which is a natural decongestant and also reduces swelling of blood vessels. The heat of cayenne pepper helps to drain a stuffy nose and draws out the mucus in the sinuses.
How to Unclog a Stuffy Nose Instantly?
- Dab a cotton ball in cayenne pepper powder.
- Place the cotton ball near your nostrils and breath in the aroma.
- This helps to induce sneezing and clears nasal congestion.
- However, you may experience a burning sensation at first which may disappear quickly.
- Repeat the cayenne pepper remedy for a stuffy nose twice a day to get rid of a stuffy nose.
An alternative way of curing a stuffy nose with cayenne pepper is by mixing pepper and honey in the ratio of 1:2. Intake of this mixture relieves you from a blocked nose.
These are some of the easy home remedies for stuffy nose. Opt the best and available home remedy for blocked nose or congested nose and use them regularly. If there is any severity in the problem, make a visit to the hospital and get the proper medication for a stuffy nose.