- 1 Home Remedies For Sinus Headache | Natural Sinus Headache Relief Tips
- 1.1 Sinus Headache Remedy | How To Get Rid Of Sinus Headache Naturally
- 1.2 Other Ways To Get Rid Of Sinus Headache Naturally – Essential Oils For Sinus Headache
- 1.3 Eucalyptus Oil – A Natural Way For Treating Sinus Headache Pain
- 1.4 Is Peppermint Oil Good For Sinus Headache cure?
- 1.5 Tea Tree Oil – Another Best Sinus Headache Medicine At Home
- 1.6 Severe Sinus Headache Symptoms
Home Remedies for Sinus Headache: Are you tired with a frequent headache? It might be sinus headache. Sinuses are nothing but small openings in nasal cavities that help for air humidification and secretion of mucus. Due to sinus inflammation, the mucus will not be drained off and causes sinus headache. But, you can easily get rid of sinus pain with some simple home remedies for sinus headache. Look through the complete post to know the instant natural remedies for sinus headache.
Why do we get sinus headache? What Causes Sinus? The main cause of a sinus headache is inflammation and pressure in the sinus cavities. As a result, the ability to drain the sinus also decreased. This sinus inflammation(sinusitis) and a decrease in draining sinus ability also caused due to an allergic reaction.The inflammation can increase fluid production, and swelling thereby causes sinus headache or sinus pressure.
Afte some time, the increased fluid can become stagnant in the cavities which may become a platform for bacteria and virus to multiply in numbers. In some cases, fungal infections also cause sinus headache and sinus infection. The maxillary sinus occurs below the eye and locates inside of cheek bone. Dental infections also take root to sinus and become one of the sinus headache Causes.
Home Remedies For Sinus Headache | Natural Sinus Headache Relief Tips
A person may get sinus headaches due to changes in weather conditions, certain allergies, inflammation, etc. For all these reasons, the sinuses become inflamed and lose the ability to drain mucus. Hence, the pressure on the sinuses increases which may result in sinus pressure headache or simply a sinus headache. What to do for treating sinus headache? The first thing you must do for getting rid of sinus headache, decrease the inflammation in sinus passages so that the mucus will drain easily. Therefore, use the below-given home remedies for sinus headache. These are completely safe and inexpensive. Since, in harder times, it’s not possible to go to a hospital, better to follow these natural remedies.
Sinus Headache Remedy | How To Get Rid Of Sinus Headache Naturally
- Hot and Cold Compress
- Steam Inhalation
- Ginger Tea
- Basil Leaves
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are the top proven 5 sinus headache cure on how to treat sinus headache along with the effective essential oils for sinus headache. The perfect sinus headache remedies are given here. Consider the natural proven home remedies to treat sinus headache.
Hot And Cold Compress For Sinus Headache Relief
The foremost and best home remedy for sinus headaches is an alternate hot and cold compress treatment. When medium heat is applied on the sinus affected areas, the pressure will ease, and thick mucus will loose. While coming to cold compress, it gives quick relief from sinus headache by constricting blood vessels present in the sinus area.
How To Get Rid Of A Sinus Headache Using Hot & Cold Compress?
- First, heat some water by allowing the temperature that your face can bear it without any discomfort or burns.
- Now, dip a washcloth in this warm water and remove the excess water from it.
- Put this cloth on your face covering the sinus affected areas like forehead, cheeks, and nose).
- Leave the cloth for 3 minutes.
- Then, remove the washcloth and soak it in cool water again.
- Squeeze out excess water and place it on the forehead for about 30 seconds by closing your eyes.
- Repeat this sinus headache treatment 2 to 4 times in a day.
[Also read: Home remedies for Joint Pains]
Steam Inhalation To Cure Sinus Headache
Inhaling steam helps to open congested sinus cavities by moistening the nasal passages. Moreover, it helps to drain the mucus and clears the blocked nose which makes you breathe easily. Hence, use this home treatment to relieve sinus headache.
How To Treat Sinus Headache Using Steam?
- Take some water and boil them until steam appears.
- Once you find steam, off the flame and add essential oils to get relief from sinus headache.
- Bend your head towards the steam by covering with a towel.
- While covering, make sure that no gaps exist. Otherwise, the steam goes out, and water will become cool.
- Now, take a deep breathe through your nostrils and release it from the mouth.
- Repeat this home remedy for at least 10 minutes or until the water steams.
- Blow your nose after taking this home remedy to remove the mucus.
- Repeat this treatment to get rid of sinus headache naturally.
[Also know: Home remedies for dehydration]
Ginger Tea – The Best Home Remedy For Sinus Headache Relief
One of the best home remedies for sinus headache includes Ginger. It consists of anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce swelling in the sinuses instantly. Since you can’t get sinus headache medication from drugstore any time, it’s easy to use ginger root for treating sinus headache. The active compound present in Ginger is gingerol which can reduce sinus inflammation and clean all your sinus by removing mucus. Hence, use this best sinus headache medicine regularly whenever you experience pain.
How To Relieve Sinus Headache With Ginger
- Ginger Root
How To Cure Sinus Headache With Ginger Tea?
- First, add a slice of ginger root to a cup of hot water.
- Cover with a plate and heat it for 10 minutes.
- Then, sip ginger tea by inhaling the vapors coming from tea.
Alternate Ginger Sinus Headache Remedy
- You can also consume ginger slices that you add to the drink.
- Drink 3 to 4 cups of ginger tea to relieve sinus headaches.
[Also read: 10 Effective ways to cure chapped lips]
Basil Leaves – The Best Medicine For Sinus Headache
Basil leaves, one of the Instant home remedies for Sinus Headache. The components Camphene, Cineole, Eugenol present in basil leaves helps to clear congested sinuses. It also reduces sinus inflammation and allergic reactions if any. The expectorant properties of Sinus help to expel phlegm in the chest. Also, the antiviral properties of basil can avoid any infections which cause a headache and sinusitis. The soothing effect of basil helps for relieving sinus headache fast. Therefore, use Basil leaves for getting rid of a sinus headache.
How To Get Rid Of Sinus Headache With Basil
- Basil Leaves
- Ginger Root
- Sugar or Honey
How To Relieve Sinus Headache Fast With Basil Leaves?
- Take ten basil leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- Crush these basil leaves by adding 1-inch fresh ginger root and ten peppercorns to form a paste.
- Add this paste to a cup of boiling water and heat it until the amount becomes half of its original.
- Then, strain the solution and include a little amount of sugar to add taste.
- Drink this homemade medicine for sinus headache on an empty stomach.
- You can drink this syrup after 2 hours of having meals.
- Continue to use this remedy daily until your sinus headache cures.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Sinus Headache Remedies
Try the excellent remedy of the ingredient, apple cider vinegar as perfect sinus headache home remedy. Apple Cider Vinegar component consists of anti-inflammatory properties which easily reduces the pain at the nose surroundings and mucous membrane as well. Additionally, ACV helps to enhance immunity for your body.
Apple Cider Vinegar On How To Get Rid Of A Sinus Headache Fast
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp
How To Stop A Sinus Headache With ACV
- In a cup of warm water, add 2 tablespoons of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey.
- Blend the ingredients thoroughly and consume the solution at least thrice a day.
- Using ACV regularly helps you as a natural sinus headache relief.
Other Ways To Get Rid Of Sinus Headache Naturally – Essential Oils For Sinus Headache
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Essential Oils
Here are some other essential oils for sinus headache to deal with sinus headache. You can understand how to relieve a sinus headache with the below given essential oils which are readily available in your home.
[Read more: How to get rid of cystic acne scars]
Eucalyptus Oil – A Natural Way For Treating Sinus Headache Pain
What can I do to relieve Sinus Pain? Eucalyptus oil is also one among best Sinus Pressure Headache Home Remedies. The component named cineole present in this essential oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce inflammation. Also, eucalyptus oil is packed with decongestant properties which can help to relieve congestion in sinus cavities. Hence, you will get quick relief from sinus headache.
How To Stop Sinus Headache Pain Using Eucalyptus Essential Oil?
- Take steaming water and add few drops of Eucalyptus oil to it.
- Lean your head towards steam by covering the head with a towel for preventing steam going out.
- Inhale the steam by keeping a certain distance between steam and your head to avoid burns.
- Do this Sinus Headache treatment for several times and then remove towel for relaxing.
[Also read: Can I use toothpaste for Acne treatment]
Is Peppermint Oil Good For Sinus Headache cure?
Among instant home remedies for sinus headache, peppermint oil is also one. For many years, this oil treats nausea, stomach problems, and nasal congestion. The cool menthol in peppermint oil helps to stop Sinus Headache Pain. Also, peppermint is loaded with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antispasmodic, and anesthetic properties which can give instant relief from sinus congestion headache. So, use peppermint oil for sinus headache treatment.
How To Use Peppermint Oil As A Sinus Pain Relief Medicine?
- To a cup of hot water, including some drops of peppermint oil.
- Inhale the steam from this hot water for few minutes.
- Repeat this natural remedy daily to cure sinus headaches completely.
What Is Good For Sinus Headache – Eucalyptus & Jojoba Essential Oils
- Alternatively, you can also add carrier oil like almond or jojoba oil to essential oils.
- After adding, rub the blend on the sinus regions such as forehead, cheeks, nose gently.
[Also read: Home remedies to get glowing skin]
Tea Tree Oil – Another Best Sinus Headache Medicine At Home
In some cases, you can also get bacterial, fungal, and viral infections along with sinuses. How do I get my sinuses to drain? Being rich in antifungal, antiviral, antimicrobial properties, tea tree oil has been using as the best natural remedy for sinus headache pressure pain. It clears the sinuses and helps to drain mucus from nasal cavities. This oil is also effective in treating the underlying causes of sinus headache.
How To Relieve Sinus Pressure Headache Using Tea Tree Oil?
- The safest and best natural remedy for sinus headache pain is tea tree oil.
- First, add few drops of tea tree oil to steaming water.
- Now, take a breath deep by inhaling the steam.
- If you feel strong, dip a cotton ball into the solution and smell it.
- You can relieve congestion and feels better.
- Hence, repeat this natural remedy for sinus headache pain daily.
Essential Oils For Sinus Headache
We have gathered 3 essential oils here, they are eucalyptus, lavender and lemon oils as sinus headache home remedies. The essential oils naturally and easily stop congestion. Eucalyptus oil holds rich sources of anti-inflammation and anti-microbial properties as well whereas lavender oil helps in soothing the pain to make your mind relax. And about lemon as it is antifungal in nature assists to abolish the bacteria and germs causing sinus infection.
Essential Oils On How To Get Rid Of A Sinus Headache
- Eucalyptus Oil – 3/4 drops
- Lavender Oil – 3/4 drops
- Lemon Essential Oil – 3/4 drops
What To Do For A Sinus Headache With Essential Oils
- Blend the 2 essential oils: eucalyptus, lavender and lemon essential oils of 3-4 drops.
- Massage the essential oil mixture to your neck, temples, and back regions.
- Also, inhale the aroma or vapors of the blended essential oils to attack sinus headache.
Severe Sinus Headache Symptoms
What are the Symptoms of a Sinus Headache? The main signs and symptoms of Sinus Pressure Headache include:
- You will get pain in the sinus affected areas such as cheekbones, nose bridge, forehead.
- The pain increases during head movements, bending of a head.
- Other symptoms of a sinus infection include facial swelling, fever, nasal discharge, etc.
- In severe sinus headache condition, yellowish-green nasal drainage will occur.
- Your lymph nodes will become swollen in the neck.
- The symptoms may vary when you have only inflammation and not sinuses infection.
Sinus inflammation symptoms without infection:
- The nasal drainage will be clear.
- Due to maxillary sinus inflammation, you will get pain in the upper teeth, back of a neck, top of the head.
- The affected areas are sensitive to touch.
In brief, these are the best home remedies for sinus headache. We have included Try them and notice the difference in your sinus headache pain.