- 1 Psoriasis: Symptoms, Causes & Types of Psoriasis
- 2 How to Cure Psoriasis Fast? Effective Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- 2.1 Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment for Psoriasis Skin
- 2.2 Natural Remedies of Psoriasis on the Scalp - Castor Oil
- 2.3 Homemade Psoriasis Cream with Aloe Vera
- 2.4 How to Reduce Psoriasis Skin Condition Naturally with Turmeric?
- 2.5 Does Tea Tree Oil Help Psoriasis Patches?
- 2.6 UV Light Therapy for Psoriasis Arthritis Cure
DIY Home Remedies for Psoriasis: Everyone will encounter skin rashes which can disappear in few days. But one skin disorder that never ends in our life is Psoriasis. Most people are unaware of this perpetual skin disease, hence apply several ointments to cure skin rashes. So, you have to know about what is psoriasis and how to get rid of Psoriasis Pictures.
Psoriasis: Symptoms, Causes & Types of Psoriasis
Psoriasis Definition: Psoriasis is the chronic autoimmune skin disease in which the immune system attacks the healthy skin cells mistakenly which can lead to a change of skin cells life cycle. This skin disorder is characterized by red itchy flaky skin, thick silver, and white patches that cause severe irritation and painful sometimes. Other symptoms of Psoriasis include bleeding skin, cracked or flaky skin, ridged or thickened nails in case of Nail Psoriasis, burning or soreness, swollen joints.
What Causes Psoriasis? Usually, our skin cells mature and shed in a month. But in Psoriasis, these cells excessively develops and die within a week, thus leads to the buildup of dead cells on the skin surface. Some other triggers of Psoriasis include environmental triggers, dry skin, smoking, sunburn, alcohol consumption, viral or bacterial infections. Certain medications such as beta-blockers and ibuprofen also cause Psoriasis Pitcures.
Psoriasis can affect various parts of the body like scalp, feet, nails, elbows, knees, hands, etc. There are different types of psoriasis. Namely, Scalp Psoriasis, Guttate Psoriasis, Nail Psoriasis, Inverse Psoriasis, Plaque Psoriasis, Erythrodermic Psoriasis, Pustules Psoriasis. Is Psoriasis Contagious? No, this skin disease doesn't spread from one person to another. Even though there is no permanent cure for psoriasis but some natural remedies can help psoriasis. You can also contact the doctor for proper psoriasis treatment with medications.
How to Cure Psoriasis Fast? Effective Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment for Psoriasis Skin
Apple cider vinegar is the best home remedy for treating Psoriasis. It helps to restore the pH of the skin and keep it to a balanced level. Also, it has an ability to reduce itching, skin irritation and helps to prevent Psoriasis flare-ups. So, use apple cider vinegar for the treatment of psoriasis at home.
How to Control Psoriasis with ACV?
- Mix 1 tsp of organic ACV in one glass of water.
- Drink this Homemade Psoriasis medicine particularly during flare-ups.
- Continuing this natural remedy for twice in a day can get rid of psoriasis on face.
Topical Psoriasis Treatment with ACV
- For topical application of ACV, mix one part of apple cider vinegar to 3 parts of lukewarm water.
- Soak a washcloth or towel in this mixture and place it on the psoriasis skin rashes.
- Repeat this psoriasis home treatment for several times in a day.
Natural Remedies of Psoriasis on the Scalp - Castor Oil
Another one in the Top 10 Home Remedies for Psoriasis Rashes is Castor Oil. The soothing and moisturizing properties of castor oil nourish your skin and help to get rid of psoriasis pictures.
How to Use Castor Oil for Scalp psoriasis?
- Massage castor oil on the psoriatic rashes for few minutes before going to bed.
- Leave the oil for overnight.
- In next morning, clean it off with water and pat skin dry.
- Repeat this Psoriasis home remedy daily at night for curing psoriasis of scalp.
Note: Don't apply the castor oil on the cracked skin.
Homemade Psoriasis Cream with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel acts as a natural ointment for psoriasis. The anti-inflammatory nature of aloe vera is effective in healing psoriasis and eczema also. Its cooling effect reduces the burning sensation of itchy skin rashes. If aloe vera leaf is not available to you, use ointments that contain 0.5% aloe vera. You can find it in any drug stores.
Natural Treatment for Psoriasis on Hands, Feet
- Take one fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze to get the gel.
- Apply this lotion on the dry skin psoriasis and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with water.
- Using this psoriasis natural remedy daily can help to get relief from itching psoriasis plaques.
How to Reduce Psoriasis Skin Condition Naturally with Turmeric?
Turmeric is the best solution for psoriasis cure. Not only for this disease but also treats eczema, burns and other skin allergies. The compound named curcumin present in turmeric hold anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Hence, it fights with skin inflammation and stimulates phosphorylase kinase enzyme which is responsible for cell growth. So, use turmeric for getting rid of psoriasis scars fast. Here are the natural ways to treat psoriasis disease with turmeric.
How to Treat Psoriasis on Face with Turmeric?
- Add one tsp of turmeric powder to a glass of milk.
- Include honey for taste and drink it daily for few weeks.
- You can also add turmeric to your recipes to increase overall health.
- But don't take this drink if you have diabetes condition and gall bladder problems.
Another Way to Get Rid of Psoriatic Rash with Turmeric
- Make a thick paste with turmeric by adding enough water.
- Apply this cream on the itchy skin rashes and cover it with a gauze.
- Leave overnight and remove it off in the morning.
- Rinse your skin with water and reuse this method after 2 hours.
- Repeat this home remedy regularly for preventing psoriasis naturally.
[Also know the homemade toners for oily skin]
Does Tea Tree Oil Help Psoriasis Patches?
Olive oil is also one of the best home remedies for psoriasis on the nails, hands. It removes the dead cells from skin and detoxifies the skin to prevent psoriasis and further inflammation. Along with tea tree oil, you can also use olive oil, fish oil or any other essential oils for psoriasis of the scalp treatment. Else, you can also use over the counter psoriasis shampoo that contains tea tree oil as a key ingredient.
Natural Remedy to Cure Scalp Plaque Psoriasis
- Dilute a half tsp of tea tree oil with 2 tbsps of water.
- Apply this solution on your dry skin patches.
- Leave overnight and wash it off with water in the morning.
- Pat skin dry and repeat using this psoriasis elbow treatment daily at night.
[Also know how to get rid of oily skin]
UV Light Therapy for Psoriasis Arthritis Cure
Among the home remedies for psoriasis, sunlight is also one remedy. Light therapy or phototherapy means exposing of the infected skin to the ultraviolet light to stop the abnormal cells growth. People who diagnosed with psoriasis must need vitamin D to cure dry skin patches or lesions. The UVB light penetrates into the skin and cures psoriasis effectively. You can find UVB light in the normal sunlight. Hence, expose your skin to the sunlight every day in the morning particularly between 7 to 9 am for treating plaque psoriasis.
So, these are the home remedies for psoriasis that really work. Follow them daily to reduce itchy psoriatic skin condition. If not treated, contact the dermatologist to get an appropriate suggestion.