- 1 Instant Home Remedies for Nausea and Vomiting
- 1.1 Easy Homemade Nausea Medicine with Lemon
- 1.2 Ginger Home Remedies for Nausea
- 1.3 Is Cinnamon Tea Good for Nausea Cure?
- 1.4 Cumin Seeds Medication for Nausea
- 1.5 Acupressure Points for Nausea Relief
- 1.6 Best Supplements for Nausea - Mint Leaves
- 1.7 Ease Nausea and Morning Sickness with Peppermint
- 1.8 Tips to Reduce Nausea Naturally
Home Remedies for Nausea: Any discomfort or uneasy feeling in your stomach with an urge to vomit is called Nausea. Why do I feel nausea is your question. Right? The causes of nausea include morning sickness, dehydration, motion sickness, medications, food poisoning, overeating, etc. To control the nausea feeling, you need not rush to a doctor and spend much money. You can put an end to nausea with some natural kitchen ingredients. Below is the list of natural remedies which your can use for instant nausea relief.
Instant Home Remedies for Nausea and Vomiting
Easy Homemade Nausea Medicine with Lemon
Lemon is one of the anti-nausea foods. The citrusy smell of lemon or lime prevents nausea by calming down your upset stomach. This way, lemon acts as one of the best home remedies for nausea.
How to Stop Nausea and Vomiting?
- Add one tsp honey to a spoon of lemon juice.
- Lick this anti-nausea medicine to get instant relief from nausea.
An alternative method of using lemon to prevent nausea during pregnancy is,
- Cut a lemon into halves and inhale the smell of it to stop nauseous feel all the day.
- Ensure that you are exhaling the lemon flavor completely.
[Read more: home remedies for strep throat]
Ginger Home Remedies for Nausea
One of the best effective remedies for nausea is garlic. It stimulates the production of digestive enzymes that neutralize stomach acids. The ginger contains phenols that relax your stomach muscles and reduce the excessive activity of your stomach. Here are the methods to use ginger for frequent nausea prevention.
Natural Way of Treating Nausea with Ginger
- Peel off 2 inches ginger root and chop it finely.
- Add them to 2 to 3 cups of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the flame and then add enough amount of honey.
- Drink this best nausea medicine to relieve nausea instantly.
- Repeat the ginger treatment for persistent nausea if necessary.
Soothing Remedy for Nausea and Morning Sickness
- Add two cups of chopped fresh ginger, 3 to 4 strips of lemon or lime peel to a saucepan.
- Now add 4 to 5 cups of water and heat it under high flame.
- Let it boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup sugar and mix well.
- When the quantity comes down to 3 cups after 15 minutes, remove the flame.
- Strain the liquid and store it in a glass container.
- When you should drink this, mix 1/4 cup of this syrup and a cup of cold club soda.
- Add ice cubes or any other flavoring agent and drink it to get rid of nausea feeling.
[Also read home remedies for diabetes]
Is Cinnamon Tea Good for Nausea Cure?
A herbal remedy for nausea that prevents nausea and vomiting is the cinnamon. Cloves are generally used to treat digestive problems as it promotes better digestion process. You can use either cinnamon powder or the clove powder to make the following nausea home remedy.
Instant Cures for Nausea with Cinnamon
- Add half a tsp cinnamon powder or clove powder to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep for a few minutes and then strain the liquid.
- Have a sip of it slowly to get relief from nausea instantly.
- If you are a pregnant, then avoid using this remedy for curing nausea and morning sickness.
[Read more: Get rid of stomach pain naturally]
Cumin Seeds Medication for Nausea
One of the quick home remedies for nausea is cumin seeds. It helps in proper digestion and proper nutrition assimilation. It also relieves your from uneasiness due to nauseous stomach.
Anti Sickness Remedy with Cumin Seeds
- Mix one tsp cumin seeds powder and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Add this to a cup of hot water and mix well.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then strain the tea.
- Drink this instant medicine severe for nausea slowly to prevent feeling queasy.
[Also read natural cure for stomach bloating]
Acupressure Points for Nausea Relief
The process of applying pressure on certain points or parts of the body to relieve any problem is called Acupressure. You need to use a nausea band or pressure on certain areas of your hand. Here are the steps of pressurizing the points of your body for self- treating nausea.
How to Stop Nausea with Acupressure?
To release the neurotransmitters like serotonin or endorphins to get relief from nausea, gently pressure on the following parts of your body. This help to prevent the feel of nauseous all the time.
- The P6 point: a groove between the two large tendons which is just 2 to 3 finger width down your top crease of the wrist. Apply some pressure on the area when you feel the nausea.
- Use the thumb and index finger to press the top and bottom of your wrist or the P6 points on both sides of the wrist.
- Hold on for 10 to 30 seconds and then breath deep to get an instant relief from extreme nausea feeling.
[Also read the tips to ease menstrual cramps]
Best Supplements for Nausea - Mint Leaves
Mint is one of those herbal home remedies for nausea. The aroma of mint gives an instant relief from nausea. Here is the process of using mint leaves to treat nausea instantly.
Mint Remedy to Reduce Nausea
- Mix a tsp dry mint leaves to a pint of hot water.
- Steep for half an hour and strain the tea.
- Drink this best tea for nausea slowly.
- You can also eat the boiled mint leaves as a natural nausea treatment.
[Read more: how to get rid of kidney stones?]
Ease Nausea and Morning Sickness with Peppermint
Another from the list of home remedies for nausea is the peppermint. The peppermint has a fresh aroma which prevents stomach upset and also gives relief from nausea.
DIY Medicine to Relieve Morning Nausea
- Pour a few drops of peppermint oil on a cotton swab or a cotton ball.
- Apply this essential oil on your gums.
- If it is necessary, apply the oil again on the gums to prevent recurring nausea.
- You can also apply the oil directly with your clean hands to get rid of nauseousness.
[Get more info on the tips to relieve blocked nose naturally]
Tips to Reduce Nausea Naturally
Along with the use of above home remedies for nausea, one should take some steps to prevent morning nausea sickness faster than usual. Here are the tips for nausea prevention naturally.
- Make a deep breath and sip some water slowly to get rid of constant nausea sickness.
- Do not regret to vomit when you feel nauseous. Because it is a body way of sending unwanted and harmful substance out of your body.
- Lick a frozen lemon or lime wedges, ice cubes, ice chips, popsicles, etc to relieve nausea instantly.
- To get an instant relief from nausea, you can also drink carbonated soda.
- Keep drinking fluids and water to maintain proper hydration of your body to fight the symptoms of nausea.
These are some of the best home remedies for nausea and morning sickness. Make use of them regularly to prevent nausea forever. If there is no result with any of the above nausea treatments, get a proper medication for nausea from your doctor.