- 1 What is the Best Nail Fungus Removal Treatment? Home Remedies for Nail Fungus
- 1.1 List Of Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
- 1.1.1 Natural Ways to Cure Nail Fungus with Vinegar Soak
- 1.1.2 Treating Fungal Nail Infections with Coconut Oil
- 1.1.3 Toenail Fungus Home Treatment with Lemon Juice
- 1.1.4 Manuka Honey Treats Nail Fungus
- 1.1.5 Listerine Foot Soak for Nail Fungus
- 1.1.6 Tea Tree Oil For Nail Fungus Treatment
- 1.1.7 How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus With Garlic
- 1.1.8 Essential Oils For Nail Fungus
- 1.1.9 Home Tips to Kill Nail Fungus Faster
- 1.1 List Of Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
A very painful and embarrassing problem to deal with is the toenail fungus or a fingernail fungus. It develops when a fungus or mold grows under the nails and leads to nail discoloration and distortion. The main causes of nail fungus are long hour exposure to moisture, dark environments, using unhygienic nail spa tools, etc. There are various Home Remedies for Nail Fungus given in the article.
Since there is less blood circulation in the nails, the immune system cannot detect the bacterial growth and fight the infection. So, toenail fungus is more common than fingernail fungus. If it is not treated immediately, the nail fungus symptoms worsen and lead to severe pain, foul-smelling odor, and even a nail loss. So, to treat the toenail fungus, there are some simple home remedies for nail fungus.
[Read more: Home Remedies for Black Eyes]
What is the Best Nail Fungus Removal Treatment? Home Remedies for Nail Fungus
List Of Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
But before starting to use any of the below nail fungus treatments over the counter, one should follow some pre-treatment processes, to get the best results out of them.
- Clip off the dead part of your nail with a clipper. Avoid cutting the surrounding skin of the nail.
- If there is any left out dead part, then use a medium or fine grade filer to remove that dead part.
- Then wash the nails with soap water or a foot care lotion to remove the dirt and dust from the nails.
- Keep in mind to remove the diseased nail regularly to stop the growth of nail fungus.
Now, look at the procedures of using home remedies for toenail fungus.
Natural Ways to Cure Nail Fungus with Vinegar Soak
How to cure nail fungus with white vinegar? The antifungal properties of vinegar make it one of the best home remedies for nail fungus. It balances the skin and nail pH with its acidic nature. You can get an instant relief from nail fungus itching with the vinegar soak. It also speeds up the healing process of nail infection.
- Warm water
How to use vinegar to treat nail fungus?
- Fill a foot soak tub with 1 part vinegar and 2 parts warm water.
- Soak the infected nails in the tub for 20 minutes.
- Then take them out and clean with water.
- Make sure that your nails are free from vinegar completely.
- Dry them with a hair dryer or a towel.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day to get rid of nail fungus.
Note:-If you experience any irritation with vinegar, then dilute it with more water and repeat the same process for curing nail fungus at home.
[Read more: Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps]
Treating Fungal Nail Infections with Coconut Oil
How to cure nail fungus using coconut? Coconut oil is one of the natural home remedies for nail fungus and other skin problems. It destroys the fungus by distorting the cell membrane of the fungus with its fatty acids. It is also rich in antifungal properties.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Nail Fungus Treatment?
- Apply some coconut oil on the infected nails and massage for a few minutes.
- Make sure that the oil is getting under the nails and to the cuticles.
- If a number of nails are infected then soak a bandage in coconut oil and stick it to the nails. Wear socks.
- Rest overnight and take out the bandage the next morning.
- Repeat this best fungal nail treatment 3 to 6 times a day.
- Even if your nails are free from nail fungus, do not stop applying coconut oil.
- Because it prevents the fungal recurrence and helps in a healthy nail growth.
- This is how to treat nail fungus.
[Also read how to get rid of body odor]
Toenail Fungus Home Treatment with Lemon Juice
How to treat nail fungus with lemon? Lemon juice is one of the healing home remedies for nail fungus. It contains the antifungal, antiseptic properties, and citric acid that treats nail fungal infections with nail fungus home remedies.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
How to Cure Toenail Fungus with Lemon Juice?
- Pour some lemon juice on the nail infection and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off the nails with warm water and pat them dry.
- Another lemon remedy for nail fungus is to combine equal quantities of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected nails and rest for 2 to 3 hours.
- Then wash off with water.
- Repeat this antifungal nail fungus home remedy regularly to reduce nail fungus quickly.
[Read more: How to grow hair on bald head?]
Manuka Honey Treats Nail Fungus
As honey is antifungal in nature, it heals toenail fungus by removing the toxins from the foot. It contains hydrogen peroxide that heals the wounds. So, look at the procedure of using honey home remedies for nail fungus.
How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus with Honey?
- Drop enough amount of honey on the infected nails.
- Wrap them with a gauze. After an hour or two, remove the gauze and wash the nails with water.
- Pat them dry completely.
- Repeat this nail fungus home remedy, the best cure for nail fungus twice a day.
[Read more: Tips to lose belly fat naturally]
Listerine Foot Soak for Nail Fungus
The Listerine mouthwash has different types of alcohols which are antiseptic in nature. The thymol, eucalyptol present in it acts as a fungicide and reduces swelling, pain at the infection. It stimulates the growth of new cells and sheds the dead skin cells with its salicylate. This is one of the best nail fungus home remedies.
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
Listerine Treatment for Toenail Fungus
- Fill a foot soak tub with equal amounts of Listerine and vinegar.
- Soak the toenails or the fingers in the tub for 20 minutes and then take them out.
- Gently scrub the nails with a soft-bristled toothbrush to take out the dead skin cells.
- Repeat using the foot care solution twice a day to completely heal nail fungus.
Tea Tree Oil For Nail Fungus Treatment
What is the best nail fungus treatment? The antifungal and the antiseptic properties of tea tree oil can be used in treating the toenail fungus. Along with treating this, there are many other kinds of skin infection that are prevented and cured be this herbal oil. Follow the procedure that what are the ingredients that are used with this oil to cure the nail fungus.
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Tea tree oil
Procedure For Nail Fungus Cure
- Add some drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- You can also use olive oil instead of coconut oil.
- With the help of cotton ball, apply the oil to your toenail.
- Repeat this home remedy for nail fungus.
How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus With Garlic
Garlic possesses antifungal properties due to the presence of compound like ajoene and allicin. This property of garlic can be used to treat the toenail fungus. Read the procedure that how can we use the garlic to stop the growth of fungus in our nails. This can be the best nail fungus treatment.
- White vinegar
- Garlic oil
Procedure For How To Use Nail Fungus Remedies
- mix equal amount of white vinegar and garlic oil.
- Apply this to the affected nail using cotton balls.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat this home remedy for nail fungus daily until the fungus went off.
Essential Oils For Nail Fungus
- Tea tree essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Clove essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Thyme Essential oil
These are some of the essential oils that can be used to treat the fungal infection in our nails. These are the natural cure for nail fungus.
[Also read home remedies for burns]
Home Tips to Kill Nail Fungus Faster
- After using every nail fungus remedy, ensure that your nails are properly dried as the moist environment is a favor for fungal growth.
- Keep your feet and nails dry after shower or swimming to prevent nail fungus growth.
- Make a habit of wearing gloves while washing utensils and clothes to prevent fungus on toes.
- Use the socks made of wool as they provide proper ventilation for the feet and nails and prevents sweating of the feet. Wash them regularly to get rid of nail fungus and bacteria.
- Avoid barefoot walking in public places to stop nail fungus.
- Do not apply nail polish unless the nail fungus heals completely.
- Prefer sandals to shoes as an exposure to sunlight can clear nail fungus faster.
So, these are some of the easy home remedies for nail fungus. Use these remedies until the infected nail comes out and moreover, a new nail grows completely. If the infection grows further and severely, then consult a doctor for a proper nail fungus medication.