- 1 How To Reduce Stomach Pain During Periods Instantly? Top Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
- 1.1 How To Stop Menstrual Cramps Fast | Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
- 1.1.1 Instant Cure For Painful Menstrual Cramps – Cinnamon Tea
- 1.1.2 Hot Compress Technique For Period Pain Relief
- 1.1.3 Fresh Basil As A Remedy For Menstrual Cramps
- 1.1.4 Ginger To Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- 1.1.5 Chamomile Tea – Best Tea For Menstrual Cramps Relief
- 1.1.6 Exercise For Getting Rid Of Menstrual Cramps Immediately
- 1.1.7 Parsley – Best Foods For Fighting Menstrual Cramps And Pain
- 1.2 Essential Oils For Menstrual Cramps | Ayurvedic Menstrual Cramps Remedies
- 1.3 How To Stop Period Cramps Fast Without Medicine? -Tips To Reduce Menstrual Cramps
- 1.1 How To Stop Menstrual Cramps Fast | Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps: The most painful, annoying days for women are the period times. Whatever may be the situation in the remaining days of the month, those menstrual days are the nightmares. More than half of the women complain about severe pain during menstruation.
Menstrual cramps are also known as Dysmenorrhea. The prostaglandin hormone causes menstrual cramps and inflammation in the period times. Some other causes of menstrual cramps are endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, cervical stenosis, uterine fibroids, and adenomyosis.
The symptoms of menstrual cramps include vomiting, sweating, loose stools, pain in the lower back, thighs, dizziness, nausea, etc. These menstrual cramps symptoms disappear or lessen with age or when she gave birth.
So, to get relief from the severe menstrual cramps, here are some natural ways to relieve period cramps. Follow them and have a peaceful period.
How To Reduce Stomach Pain During Periods Instantly? Top Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
Below are the effective and easy home remedies that give instant relief from menstrual cramps or a stomach pain by reducing inflammation. Gain the homeopathic remedies for menstrual cramps to relieve the menstrual pain and cramps in less time.
How To Stop Menstrual Cramps Fast | Home Remedies For Menstrual Cramps
- Cinnamon Tea
- Hot Compress
- Chamomile Tea
We have included the topmost proven natural remedies for menstrual cramps to make you relief from inflammation. You can clearly get the knowledge on how to ease menstrual cramps from this article.
Instant Cure For Painful Menstrual Cramps – Cinnamon Tea
One of the common home remedies for menstrual cramps is the cinnamon. It contains anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties which ease menstrual cramp symptoms.
How To Get Rid Of Menstrual Cramps Faster?
- For 10 minutes, steep a stick of cinnamon in a cup of boiling water.
- Then steep a tea bag in this solution for another 2 minutes.
- To sweeten the tea, add honey or sugar if required.
- Drink this herbal tea regularly to get relief from menstrual cramps.
- You can include cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling a bit of cinnamon powder on the toast, sweet rolls, breakfast for curing menstrual cramps.
[Read more: How to get rid of vaginal itching?]
Hot Compress Technique For Period Pain Relief
Using a hot compress method to cure severe menstrual pains is one of the quickest home remedies for menstrual cramps. When you apply heat compress on the lower abdomen or lower back, it acts as an effective over the counter medicine to relieve pain.
How To Stop Period Cramps Fast Without Medicine?
- Place a heating pad or a hot water bottle on the lower abdomen.
- Go for a warm bath or use a hot towel to wipe the body.
- Also, you can make your heating pad by sewing together two fabric pieces. Then from the top of the bag, fill in rice and sew up the opening. Microwave the bag 2 to 4 minutes and place it on the lower abdomen to get relief from period cramps.
[Read more: Natural Hyperthyroidism Treatment]
Fresh Basil As A Remedy For Menstrual Cramps
Basil leaves are the best herbal home remedies for menstrual cramps. They contain the caffeic acid which is an analgesic or a painkiller. One more herb that is similar to basil is the thyme herb. It also helps to prevent menstrual cramps.
How To Reduce Menstrual Pain Naturally?
- Add 2 tbsps basil leaves or thyme in boiling water.
- Steep the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cover the mixture tightly and let it cool down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then drink 1/2 to 1 cup of this tea for every hour to get rid of the pain in periods.
[Also read the home remedies for constipation]
Ginger To Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Ginger is one of the pain-relieving home remedies for menstrual cramps and comforting foods for menstrual cramps. It then lowers the levels of pain-causing prostaglandins and calms down the menstrual cramps.
How To Get Rid Of Severe Menstrual Cramps Naturally?
- Boil some ginger slices, honey, and a pinch of salt in water for 4 to 6 minutes and drink this ginger tea for menstrual pain relief.
- Try to intake raw or cooked ginger in the form of ginger ale, cookies, candies, or snacks.
- Steep half a tsp ginger in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes and then drink this tea thrice a day to help period cramps.
[Get info on Urinary Tract Infection]
Chamomile Tea – Best Tea For Menstrual Cramps Relief
Chamomile tea is the most commonly used natural home remedies for menstrual cramps. It contains the natural anti-inflammatory properties to reduce the prostaglandin production. Thereby, it reduces the menstrual pains.
Natural Menstrual Cramp Remedies With Chamomile Tea Procedural Steps
- Add a tsp of dry chamomile powder to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then strain the tea.
- Drink the tea regularly to prevent cramps during menstruation and calm down the stomach.
[Read more: Natural Anxiety treatment]
Exercise For Getting Rid Of Menstrual Cramps Immediately
Exercising during menstruation helps you to stop menstrual cramps. When you exercise, the body releases a hormone called endorphin which is a painkiller and a mood lifter. Not only exercise, but walking also helps to relieve menstrual pains. You can perform light aerobics, yoga which can make you active and free from menstrual cycle symptoms.
Yoga is a gentle exercise which prevents menstrual cramps easier and faster too. It also improves the blood circulation to the reproductive organs, relieves stress and relaxes you from the pain. Performing the restorative yoga poses help to ease menstrual cramps.
[Learn how to treat an ear infection]
Parsley – Best Foods For Fighting Menstrual Cramps And Pain
Parsley is one of those herbs which treats menstrual cramps effectively. It is not only one of the instant home remedies for menstrual cramps but also a remedy for regularizing monthly periods and increasing menstruation.
Natural Way Of Treating Menstrual Cramps
- Extract the juice out of parsley, beetroot, carrot, cucumber by blending them.
- Strain the juice and drink it daily for easing menstrual cramps.
[Natural ways to reduce snoring]
Essential Oils For Menstrual Cramps | Ayurvedic Menstrual Cramps Remedies
Here are 2 most powerful remedies to consider for menstrual cramps to reduce the inflammation and pain. The essential oil for menstrual cramps which we use here are lavender and peppermint oils.
Lavender Oil – Natural Remedy For Menstrual Cramps
The best home remedy for menstrual cramps to treat inflammation is lavender essential oil. The crude includes anti-inflammatory agents as well as pain relief sources which help in reducing pain. The aroma of lavender oil helps to feel comfortable and relax at the moment.
How To Stop Menstrual Cramps Easily With Lavender Oil Technique
- Combine 3-4 drops of lavender oil with 1-2 tablespoons of coconut or jojoba oil.
- The blended solution should be applied to your back and abdominal part.
- And simply inhale a few drops of the lavender oil vapors.
- Follow the technique twice a day to get menstrual cramps relief.
How To Relieve Menstrual Cramps With Peppermint Oil
Here is one of the effective natural remedies for menstrual cramps which are easily available to reduce the pain is peppermint oil. The peppermint oil holds menthol, the active decongestant loaded with pain and anxiety reducing properties within it. Furthermore, the aroma of peppermint oil can help to get rid of a headache and nausea, the other symptoms of menstrual cramp.
Procedure Of Peppermint Essential Oils For Menstrual Cramps
- Blend 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2-3 drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply the solution to your abdominal part and back, massage the affected areas for a couple of minutes.
- You can feel relaxed immediately and you can relieve from menstrual cramp as soon as possible.
How To Stop Period Cramps Fast Without Medicine? -Tips To Reduce Menstrual Cramps
- Regular intake of vitamin D helps cure menstrual cramps.
- Try the instant relieving home remedy by applying few tsp olive oil on the stomach. Rest for 15 to 20 minutes to get rid of severe menstrual cramps.
- A traditional Chinese treatment for easing pains, the Acupuncture, stimulates certain pressure points and moreover, effectively relieves menstrual cramps.
- Have a mineral bath by adding a cup of sea salt and baking soda in water to get relief from cramps.
- Relax peacefully to get free from stress as stress worsens the pain.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent painful bloating during menstruation. To relaxed cramped muscles, drink warm water.
- Take the foods rich in calcium like sesame seeds, almonds, leafy green vegetables to reduce muscle cramping during menstruation.
- Avoid the caffeinated products and coffee, alcohols, chocolates, fats during menstrual cramps. Because they cause bloating and make cramps worse.
- The herbal properties of flax seeds reduce the prostaglandin production and thereby cures menstrual cramps.
- If you are experiencing a very severe pain in the lower abdomen during your periods, then make a visit to the doctor for a proper medication for menstrual cramps.
So, these are some of the best home remedies for menstrual cramps that can treat period pains effectively. If you have some other remedies to cure menstrual pains, then share with us in the comment section.