- 1 How to Pass a Kidney Stone without Surgery? DIY Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones: The one organ which clear impurities and flush out water in the form of urine is Kidney. Nowadays, the formation of stones in the kidneys has become a common problem. About 10% of the world's population are getting kidney stones at least once in their lifetime. Both men and women can get kidney stones but men are more prone to this problem.
What is a Kidney Stone and How it Forms? Stones in the kidneys form due to acid salts and minerals that move through the urinary tract. While uric acid stones and calcium stones occur due to increase in the concentration of chemicals like oxalic acid, calcium, uric acid, phosphorous. No matter what the size of kidney stone is, the pain will be very severe. We can't explain the pain of kidney stones, it will radiate from the abdomen and down to the lower back. Passing stones through urine also very painful.
The main causes of kidney stones are dehydration, improper diet, imbalances of minerals, excessive consumption of Vitamin D. The common symptoms of kidney stones include pain in the lower side, abdominal pain, fever, chills, pain during urination, frequent urination, discoloration of urine, nausea, groin and back, etc.
Even though conventional medications treat kidney stone pain, some natural remedies can help to last stone pain. Let us know the effective home remedies for kidney stones here.
How to Pass a Kidney Stone without Surgery? DIY Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Dissolve Kidney Stones Naturally with Watermelon
What can dissolve kidney stones Faster? The yummy fruit which works great in treating kidney stones is Watermelon. It contained 95% of water and composed of magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, and carbonates. Being rich in potassium, it regulates the acid level in the urine. The high watery content in watermelon helps to flush out stones from the kidneys through the bladder. Due to all these benefits, watermelon is healthy for kidneys and considered as one of the best home remedies for kidney stones.
How to Avoid Kidney Stones using watermelon?
- Consume either watermelon fruit or drink its juice.
- Another option, you can make watermelon seeds to prevent kidney stones naturally.
- You can eat grapes instead of watermelon to treat kidney stones problem.
[Read more: Natural dehydration treatment]
Apple Cider Vinegar for Kidney Stones Treatment
The easiest home remedy for the removal of kidney stones is with Apple Cider Vinegar. The citric acid in it can dissolve kidney stones and also alkalizes urine, blood which in turn helps to pass kidney stones. Also, this acid can prevent kidney stones formation further.
Treating Kidney Stones at Home with ACV
- Blend 2 tbsps of organic ACV and 6 to 8 oz of fresh water.
- Stir well and have this kidney stone removal medicine.
- Drinking this solution regularly can dissolve stones in the kidney.
- Even after removal of stones, drink this juice to prevent the formation of new kidney stones.
How to Cure Kidney Stones in Home using ACV?
- Mix 1 tsp of organic apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp of honey.
- Consume this mixture every day or drink 1 tbsp of ACV.
- Alternatively, you can also add ACV in salads.
- Doing like this for few days can soften and dissolve kidney stones in the bladder.
[Read more: Apple cider vinegar for a sore throat]
Another Way to Get Rid of Kidney Stones with ACV?
- Pour equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar in a pan and heat it.
- After few minutes, dip a washcloth in that solution.
- Wring out the excess water and place on the kidney stone pain area.
- Left the cloth until it cools and then repeats this kidney stone treatment again until you get relief from kidney stone pain.
Note: Apple cider vinegar can damage your tooth enamel and esophagus tissue if taken in concentrated form. So, always dilute ACV before consuming. Also, don't use this kidney stone home remedy while taking diabetes and blood pressure medications.
[Also read how lemon helps to treat acne scars]
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice for Kidney Stones Removal
Does lemon juice help kidney stones? Lemon contains citric acid which inhibits calcium stones, makes your urine to pass normally and also decreases the potential that forms kidney stones. Also, lemon juice dissolves kidney stones and pass them from the kidney to bladder. When coming to olive oil, it coats the narrow tubes between kidney and bladder and makes a stone move easily. So, this combo helps for getting rid of kidney stones without surgery or medications.
How to Remove Kidney Stones at Home?
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil each of quarter cup.
- Drink this homemade kidney stones medicine followed by a large amount of distilled water.
- Repeat this kidney stone natural remedy for 2 to 3 times in a day until you pass stones out of the kidney.
How to Help a Kidney Stone Pass?
- Lemon juice alone also works great for treating kidney stones fast.
- Take fresh lemons and extract the juice from it.
- Add 2 liters of water to 4 ounces of lemon juice and stir well.
- You can also add sugar to add taste.
- Drink this solution twice a day regularly until your kidney stones dissolve completely.
[Read more: How to Treat a Dry Cough Naturally?]
Does Drinking Nettle Leaf Tea Help Kidney Stones?
Another ingredient in the list of Top 10 Home Remedies for Kidney Stones is Nettle Leaf. It helps to maintain the water flow constantly through kidneys and bladder. Nettle leaf is a natural diuretic, hence it speeds up the kidney stone removal procedure.
Treatment of Kidney Stone Pain with Nettle Leaves
- To a cup of hot water, add a tbsp of dried nettle leaves.
- Steep for 10 to 15 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink this nettle leaf tea 2 or 3 times in a day until you get relief from kidney stone pain.
[Learn the ways to get rid of ear pain]
Pomegranate - A Natural Cure for Kidney Stones
What to take for kidney stones cure? Eating pomegranate is the best way to get rid of kidney stones naturally at home. It flushes out the toxins from the body and reduces acidity levels present in the urine. You can also drink pomegranate juice for kidney stones prevention.
Kidney Stones Home Treatment with pomegranate
- To half liter water, add one cup of horse gram.
- Heat the solution until the water becomes one-fifth of the original.
- Then remove the flame and strain it.
- To this mixture, add 2 tsp of crushed pomegranate.
- Stir well and have this solution for once in a day to treat kidney stones.
How to relieve kidney stone pain?
- Another way to prevent stones in the kidney is eating pomegranate or drinking its juice.
- Else, make a powder with tsp of pomegranate seeds.
- Add enough water to this powder until you obtain a paste.
- Include one tsp of this paste to gram soup and intake it daily.
- Repeating this home remedy for some days can help to dissolve kidney stones permanently.
So, these are the home remedies for kidney stones which dissolve the stones without any need of the operation. Use them to prevent kidney stones at a small size. If not, the size of kidney stones will increase gradually. Along with these kidney stone home remedies, take doctor's instructions and follow them regularly.