Home Remedies for Gray Hair: Do you know from where the hair gets its color? The color comes from the two types of melanin. Namely, eumelanin, and pheomelanin. The more melanin production, the more color your hair gets. People start losing pigmentation which causes gray hair nearly at the age of 35. But due to the other causes like genetics, and some other factors, premature graying starts for both men and women. But women are more likely to get grey hair than men.
Causes of gray hair include stress, overuse of blow dryers, hormonal imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, etc. When you lack iron, vitamin B, copper, iodine, etc., you lose the hair pigmentation. Some other grey hair causes include aging, hereditary, washing the hair with hot water, smoking, malnutrition, pollution, etc. And the diseases like TB, anemia, PCOS, Werner syndrome, albinism, vitiligo, etc. also are the reasons for premature graying of hair.
[Read more: Natural hair fall control]
Permanent Home Remedies for Gray Hair
Can white hair turn black again? Yes! There are several home treatments to cover gray hair and get a youthful attire. These gray hair natural remedies are affordable, safe, and effective too.
Homemade Curry Leaves Hair Oil for White Hair
Here is one of the best home remedies for gray hair with coconut oil and curry leaves. Curry leaves are the source of vitamin A that retains the hair’s original color. They nourish the hair roots and revitalize hair pigment. Moreover, they promote hair growth, regenerate scalp. Whereas coconut oil moisturizes the hair and protects the hair from pollutants and toxins.
How to Reverse Gray Hair Naturally?
- Add a handful of curry leaves to 100 ml of coconut oil in a pan.
- Boil it on medium heat until the curry leaves turn black.
- Remove the flame and strain the oil.
- Store it in a container.
- Massage this oil into the scalp for 15 to 20 minutes before you sleep.
- Leave it on overnight and wash the hair the next morning.
- Repeat the permanent cure for gray hair regularly for three months continuously to reduce premature graying.
You can also add fresh curry leaves to buttermilk and drink it regularly to blacken your hair.
[Also read the natural treatment for dry hair]
Natural Treatment for Gray Hair with Curry Leaves
- Over low heat, boil a cup of coconut oil and add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 12 basil leaves, and 12 curry leaves.
- Then add two crushes Indian gooseberries to it.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down and strain the oil.
- Apply the oil for gray hair and massage into the scalp.
- Rest for 3 hours and then wash with water.
- Repeat the process regularly to prevent gray hair.
[Read more: How to get rid of head lice?]
Amla Home Remedy to Turn Gray Hair Black
Indian gooseberry or amla is one among those ayurvedic home remedies for gray hair. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. Moreover, these nutrients promote hair growth and revitalize the pigmentation of your hair. Thereby, it prevents premature graying of hair.
Permanent Solution for Gray Hair with Amla
- Grind some dry gooseberry pieces into a powder.
- Add two tsp amla, one tsp fenugreek, 1 cup coconut oil in a pan.
- Heat it on low flame until the oil turns brown.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool slightly.
- Ensure that the mixture does not solidify.
- Strain the oil and store it in an airtight jar.
- Massage the oil into the scalp before bed and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, wash the hair with water.
- Repeat the gray hair removal process regularly to stop white hair.
How to Get Rid of Premature Hair?
- Mix 1 tsp amla powder and 1 cup water.
- Boil the mixture until half of the water evaporates.
- Then add three tsp lemon juice and dilute it with a required amount of water.
- Wash your hair with this anti-gray hair shampoo regularly to get rid of white hair and additionally to treat oily hair.
[Also read the benefits of egg mask for dry hair]
Homemade Gray Hair Treatment with Hibiscus Flowers
Hibiscus flowers are the most commonly used home remedies for gray hair. It promotes hair growth, control dandruff. Moreover, they reduce whitening of hair and eliminates toxins, impurities from the hair.
How to Use Hibiscus Flowers to Get Beautiful Black Hair?
- Add 10 to 12 hibiscus flowers to 4 cups of water.
- Boil it for 20 to 25 minutes and then strain the liquid.
- Mash the flowers into a paste.
- Massage this paste on the scalp and rest for a few minutes.
- Then wash the hair with the strained white hair solution.
- Wash off with normal water and then with a shampoo.
- Repeat the gray hair cure thrice a week to get rid of gray hair.
Does Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice Work for Gray Hair?
Coconut oil is one of the nourishing home remedies for gray hair. It moisturizes the hair, stimulates growth, detoxifies, and adds luster. Here is the process of using coconut oil and lemon juice to cure gray hair.
Best Hair Oil for White Hair to Black
- Mix 3 tsp lemon juice and half a cup coconut oil.
- Massage the oil into the scalp and comb from the roots to tips.
- Rest for 2 hours and then wash with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the gray hair treatment thrice a week to get a natural black color to the hair.
[Read more: Lemon juice for acne scars]
Simple Ways to Cover Gray Hair Naturally at Home
Henna is a natural gray hair color and conditioner. It leaves your hair healthy and shiny. Irrespective of the commercial hair dyes, henna makes the better hair coloring and healthy too. So, look at the procedure of making the natural and best hair color for gray hair.
Best Gray Hair Dye to Reduce White Hair at Home
- Make a paste of handful of henna leaves.
- Add 1 tsp coffee powder, 3 tsp Indian gooseberry powder, plain yogurt to the henna paste.
- Spread this gray hair color dye throughout the hair and then have a gentle massage.
- Let it dry and then rinse your hair with water and a shampoo.
- Repeat the gray hair reversal process for 2 to 4 weeks to avoid white hair.
Covering White Hair Naturally with Homemade Henna
- On a low flame, heat a cup of coconut oil or mustard oil.
- Then add a handful henna leaves to the oil.
- Boil the leaves until they turn black.
- Let the mixture cool down and then strain the oil.
- Massage the white hair oil into the scalp and comb the hair till the ends.
- Rest for either 3 hours or overnight.
- Then wash off the hair with water and shampoo as usual.
- Repeat the gray hair prevention process regularly to stop white hair.
Coloring Gray Hair with Henna
- Add enough henna leaf powder to hot black coffee.
- Mix it to a yogurt consistency.
- Leave it on for 2 hours and then apply the gray hair solution to the hair and scalp.
- Rest for 3 hours and then shampoo your hair as usual.
- Repeat the process for every 2 weeks to reduce white hair.
So, these are some of the natural home remedies for gray hair. These natural methods for treating premature graying of hair are safe and effective. If you find any irritation with any of the ingredients, avoid using them again. Along with the use of the above treatments for white hair, follow regular exercise and proper diet to prevent graying of hair. Because exercise helps to relieve stress and improves blood circulation to the hair strands.