Home Remedies for Fever: Whenever our body crosses the normal temperature, it is termed as Fever. Fever occurs when our immune system fights with an infection or bacteria. Hence, fever is a good thing, and it will last a few days or whenever the bacteria dies. But if this fever makes you uncomfortable, you must follow some home remedies to bring your temperature to normal.
What is the normal temperature? What is fever temperature? We know that the normal body temperature is 98.6 degrees F or 37 degrees C. If this temperature increases, i.e., 99.5 degrees F or 37.5 degrees C then it is called fever. The common causes of Fever are the sudden change in weather, certain inflammatory diseases, autoimmune disorders, blood clots. Other Fever Causes and Triggers include gastroenteritis, cancer, ear infections, urinary tract infections.
Some of the common symptoms of fever include a headache, dehydration, weakness, shivering, muscle ache, sweating, and loss of appetite. But the dangerous fever temperature is 104 degrees F or 40 degrees C. At this condition, you must consult the doctor immediately. If not, follow these easy home remedies for fever and home treatment for high fever.
Best Home Remedies for Fever - Easy Ways to Get Rid of Fever Naturally
Cool Water for Fever Treatment at Home
A Sponge bath with cool water is the best treatment for fever at home. It cools down the temperature and cures Fever Quickly. Soak a washcloth in cool water and remove excess water. Sponge the armpits, hands, feet, and groin areas to reduce body temperature. If you are not comfortable with a sponge bath, you can also place a cold washcloth on the forehead and back of the neck. The cloth must be changed frequently after it dries. This home remedy is very useful as it decreases high fever temperature. Don't use freezing water for fever treatment because it may cause an increase in internal body temperature. You can also take lukewarm water bath to relax the body.
[Read more: Home remedies for palm sweating]
Basil Leaves to treat a fever naturally
Basil leaves are the best herbal remedies for fever. It is the holy herb in Indian which has various medicinal values. The anti-inflammatory, antibiotics and antibacterial properties of basil are effective in treating fever.
How to get rid of fever naturally using basil leaves?
Method– 1:( Basil leaves and Cardamom for curing fever)
- Take fresh basil leaves and cardamom in the ratio of 3:1.
- Boil both of these ingredients in half a liter of water.
- Heat until the water reduces to its half quantity.
- Now add sugar and milk to this water.
- Take this solution for every 3 hours to get quick relief from fever.
Method-2: (Basil powder and black pepper for getting rid of fever)
- Take one tsp of basil powder and 1/4th tsp of black pepper.
- Add these two in a cup of hot water.
- Mix them well and include one tbsp of honey to it.
- Drink this homemade fever medicine for 2 or 3 times in a day until the fever cures.
[Learn how basil leaves whiten your teeth]
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Reduce High Fever?
Another effective home remedy for fever is apple cider vinegar. It helps to bring down fever quickly because the acid present in this ingredient draws our the heat from the skin. Also, being rich in minerals, it helps to replenish minerals that are lost from the body because of high fever.
How to cure a fever quickly using apple cider vinegar?
Method-1: (apple cider vinegar, cool water for fever treatment)
- Place a pair of socks in a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Wring out the excess water and put them on the feet.
- After they dry, soak them again in ACV solution.
- Repeat the same and this treatment will give you quick relief from fever.
- You can use this natural remedy for fever in both babies and adults
Method-2: (Apple cider vinegar bath for reducing fever at home)
- Add one cup of apple cider vinegar to your warm bathing water.
- Leave for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the vinegar dissolves in water.
- Take a bath with this water until the high body temperature cools down.
- Repeat this fever home treatment whenever you need uncomfortable with fever.
Method-3: (Apple Water for treating high fever)
- Take 2 to 3 fresh apples and peel off the skin.
- After, cut the apples into small slices.
- Pour three cups of water and apple slices in a pan.
- Boil it on a low flame until the apples turn to soft.
- Then remove the heat and strain the solution.
- Allow the resultant to cool upto room temperature and then include 2 tbsps of honey.
- Drink this fever medicine regularly upto your fever cures.
[Read more: Benefits of oolong tea for weight loss]
Natural Remedies for Fever - Garlic
What is good for fever? The kitchen ingredient which helps to bring down a fever is Garlic. Why is garlic good for fever? The warm nature of garlic reduces high fever by stimulating sweating. It also eliminates harmful toxins out of the body and speeds up the healing process. Also, the antifungal and antibacterial properties of garlic boost the immune system to fight with infections that cause fever. So, garlic is considered as one of the best home remedies for fever.
How to treat fever quickly with garlic?
Method-1: (Garlic cloves and hot water for the treatment of fever)
- Take a fresh garlic clove and chop it finely.
- Now add the chopped ginger pieces to a cup of hot water.
- Steep the solution for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink this homemade fever medicine twice a day to reduce fever.
- Also, repeat the same fever home treatment whenever you get fever.
Method-2: (Garlic cloves and olive oil to cure a fever at home)
- To prepare medicine for fever naturally, Crush two garlic cloves.
- Warm the crushed garlic by adding two tbsps of olive oil.
- Then, spread this mixture on the sole of each feet.
- Muffle the feet with gauze to keep the garlic on feet for overnight.
- This home remedy for fever can work fastly and helps to get rid of fever within one day.
[Read more: Home remedies for ringworm]
How to reduce fever naturally with Ginger?
How do you cure a fever? Another ingredient from our kitchen cabinet which controls fever naturally is Ginger. It expels heat from the body and then reduces fever. Also, ginger is an antibacterial and antiviral agent which helps to boost the immune system to fight any infections. Besides, ginger also treats viral fever fastly. Hence, it is one of the home remedies for fever.
How do you reduce fever using ginger?
- Take a fresh and small ginger root.
- Steep it in a cup of hot water for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink this tea.
- Drinking this tea regularly can heal fever quickly.
- Alternatively, you can also eat raw or cooked garlic to cure fever.
So, these are the symptoms and best home remedies for fever. Use these fever natural remedies whenever you find the fever symptoms. If your fever doesn't treat with these remedies, contact your doctor.