- 1 How to Ease Ear Infection Pain Faster? Home Remedies for Ear Infection in Adults, Infants
- 1.1 Herbal Remedies for Outer Ear Infection - Basil Leaves
- 1.2 How Does Garlic Help Ear Infection? - Natural Ear Infection Remedies with Garlic
- 1.3 DIY Natural Cures for Ear Infection - Steam
- 1.4 How to Treat Ear Infection using Home Remedies with Lemon Balm
- 1.5 Can You Use Olive Oil for Swimmer's Ears
- 1.6 Home Remedies for Ear Infection in Kids - Breast Milk
- 1.7 Warm Compress to Cure Plugged Ears
- 2 Natural Tips for Reducing Ear Infection
Home Remedies for Ear Infection: If you are inquisitive in finding a fast cure for the ear infection, you'll get a satisfying result with some natural ear infection remedies. Ear infections bother either the adults or children. It is something that we do not want to bear the pain and the ear problems. It will be better to habituate the natural means of curing body problems in the correct way.
The two general causes of ear infections are responsible for the pain we experience. The former cause of ear infection is the water trapped in the ear canal which is due to the buildup of wax. This is also called swimmer's ear. This leads to a bacterial growth and finally an infection. The later cause is a middle ear infection which is similar to allergy or an upper respiratory infection. This is due to the fluid buildup in the ear.
Even though an ear infection is commonly viral, it can be either viral or bacterial in fact. The ear infection treatment with conventional antibiotics is ineffective and added with side effects. So, here is the better way to go.
How to Ease Ear Infection Pain Faster? Home Remedies for Ear Infection in Adults, Infants
Herbal Remedies for Outer Ear Infection - Basil Leaves
The natural and effective home remedies for ear infection include the holy basil leaves. Because they cleanse and kills the bacteria which cause an ear infection.
Ear Pain Relief with the Holy Basil
- Extract the juice out of a handful of fresh basil leaves by crushing them.
- Drop this juice into the ear.
- Repeat the process every day to cure ear infection faster.
Basil Treatment for Ear Fungal infection
- Add an equal amount of coconut oil and holy basil oil.
- Apply this mixture on, in, and around the ear using a cotton ball.
- Repeat the process every day to get rid of ear infection symptoms.
[Also read the benefits of basil leaves in whitening the teeth]
How Does Garlic Help Ear Infection? - Natural Ear Infection Remedies with Garlic
One of the most commonly used home remedies for ear infection is the garlic. Because it is very effective in relieving the ear pain and swelling. Its antibacterial properties help to cure an ear infection naturally. So, you can make sure that garlic can fight and cure ear infection.
Garlic Remedy for Ear Infection Reduction
- Crush some garlic cloves and wrap them in a small cloth.
- Stuff the wrapped cloth in the ear and let it rest for half an hour.
How to Rapidly Relieve an Earache with Garlic?
- Make a paste of garlic and wrap it in a cloth.
- Squeeze the juice of garlic.
- Pour the liquid into your ear.
Garlic Oil Recipe for Ear Infection
- Add 2 to 3 garlic cloves to a tsp of warm mustard or sesame oil.
- Let it cool to lukewarm.
- Now apply this mixture in and around the ear.
- You can also pour a few drops of this mixture in your ear.
How to Use Garlic clove for Treating Ear Infection?
- Add 2 to 3 cloves of garlic in water and boil it for a few minutes.
- Strain the water and crush teh garlic cloves.
- Add a pinch of salt to the garlic crush.
- Mix it well and wrap the mixture in a cloth.
- Stuff this cloth in the ear and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Repeat this ear infection treatment every day.
[Read more: How to avoid snoring?]
DIY Natural Cures for Ear Infection - Steam
Steam is an effective method that treats an ear infection by draining the fluids out of the ear. It opens the airway links to the throat which are called the Eustachian tubes. Thereby steaming relieves the ear pain and helps to get rid of clogged ears.
Best Way to Remove Fluids in the Ear - Steaming Ear Infection Remedy
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to boiling water.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over the bowl of hot water.
- Start inhaling the steam for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process once a day to get instant relief from an ear infection.
[Get the natural cough remedies here]
How to Treat Ear Infection using Home Remedies with Lemon Balm
Here is one of the simple home remedies for ear infection. The lemon balm is very effective in curing an ear infection. It possesses teh antiseptic and anti-viral properties that help in treating an ear infection faster.
- Apply some lemon balm inside of your infected ear.
- Repeat the process two times in a day to get rid of infection of the ear.
[Get the list of home remedies for constipation]
Can You Use Olive Oil for Swimmer's Ears
One of the essential oils' treatments for ear infection involves the use of olive oil. It relieves the irritation in and out of the ear by opening up the Eustachian Tubes.
Get rid of Swimmers Ear with Olive Oil
- Pour a few drops of warm olive oil into the infected ear which softens the infected wax.
- Repeat the ear infection treatment several times a day for relieving ear pain instantly.
- You can also use mustard oil instead of olive oil.
- If you have a perforated ear drum, then apply the oil outside the ear too.
[Read more: Home remedies for urinary tract infection]
Home Remedies for Ear Infection in Kids - Breast Milk
If your baby is suffering from an ear infection and pain, then you can treat the ear infection with breast milk. Because the breast milk contains natural antibiotics which boost the immune system of the baby. And thereby it protects the baby from infection.
Breast Milk Ear Infection Cure for Babies
- Feed your baby with breast milk to strengthen the immune system.
- If you are not breastfeeding, then ensure that you hold the baby in upright position to bottle feed her.
- To control an ear infection, use a dropper to apply the breast milk to the infected ear.
- Repeat the process two times a day.
[Learn the ways to reduce excessive sweating]
Warm Compress to Cure Plugged Ears
The best one from the list of quickest home remedies for ear infection is the hot compress. It opens up the Eustachian tubes and relieves ear pain.
- Dip a clean, hygienic cloth in warm water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and place the towel on the infected ear for 5 minutes.
- Then take it away and again repeat the process.
- Ensure that you are not using extremely hot water.
- Repeat the process several times a day.
- You can also try the heat pad or a hot water bottle for getting rid of ear infection pain.
[Read more: Home remedies for stomach upset]
Natural Tips for Reducing Ear Infection
Apart from the above easy home remedies for ear infection, you need to take some preventive measures to stop ear infections. They are the following.
- Make a habit of cleaning the outside of your ear with a cotton swab frequently.
- Be aware of the common cold, allergies, and some respiratory problems to prevent ear infection.
- Do not stop yawning as it helps to open the Eustachian tubes.
- Keep your children away from the people with ear infections.
- Get the flu shots and pneumococcal vaccinations from your doctor as they prevent ear infections.
- Use the hydrogen peroxide drops to kill ear infection and remove excess fluids.
- Avoid using pacifiers as they spread bacteria that are the ear infection causes.
- If you or your baby do not heal the ear infection withing 3 to 4 days after using the remedies, consult a professional doctor. Get the perfect ear infection diagnosis and cure it properly.
Finally, hope you have got the best home remedies for ear infection and some tips to reduce ear infection. Try any of them regularly and get rid of ear infection pain faster and safer.
Pain is Temporary, Quitting Lasts Forever