- 1 Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Frizzy Hair Treatment at Home
- 2 Tips for Preventing Dry Hair – Basic Damaged Hair Care Routine
Home Remedies for Dry Hair: Whatever the length and type of hair, it looks ravishing only when the hair is soft and shiny. Miserably, some of us are not lucky enough to have a silky hair. We are left with that dull, dry, and frizzy hair strands. But what causes dry hair is a lack of moisture in the scalp i.e, a dry scalp. So, to treat dry hair, the first thing we need to do is to check the use of styling tools, chemical treatments, etc. And the second thing to deal with dryness is to make a raid in the kitchen.
Because the natural hair care ingredients are effective in treating dry hair. It may take a little longer to get the results and finally you’ll be left with your dreamy hair texture. Here are some best hair treatments which make your hair well conditioned, healthy, and splits free hair.
[Read more: Homemade hair growth remedies]
Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Frizzy Hair Treatment at Home
Simple Egg Packs for Dry and Damaged Hair
Eggs are the best home remedies for dry hair. Because they contain protein, lecithin that is responsible for moisturizing, strengthening, and conditioning the hair. The most used remedy for dry hair is the egg white.
Homemade Dry Hair Treatment with Eggs
- Beat two eggs in 6 tbsp of water and stir well to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mixture to the hair and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process thrice a week to get rid of dry hair and split ends.
How to Use Eggs for Dry and Damaged Hair?
- Beat three eggs and add 2 tbsps olive oil, 1 tbsp honey to it.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and cover the scalp with a shower cap.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then wash off the hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process twice a week to cure dry hair and split ends.
Egg Protein Treatments for Dry Hair
- Beat two eggs and add half a cup yogurt, one and a half tbsp almond oil to it.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and massage it gently. Wrap the scalp with a towel or a shower cap.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes and then wash off with water and shampoo.
- Repeat the egg hair care process thrice a week to get rid of dry frizzy hair.
[Read how to control hair fall naturally]
Repair Dry Hair Naturally with Aloe Vera – Effective Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Dull Hair
Here are the quickest home remedies for dry hair with aloe vera. This is the best herbal treatment for dry hair always. Because the aloe vera moisturizes and nourishes the hair naturally. Also, it forms a protective layer on the hair preventing breakages and brittleness of the hair.
Best Way to Use Aloe Vera for Dry Hair
- Mix 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 4 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel, 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt.
- Apply this to the scalp and comb throughout the hair.
- Then cover the scalp with a shower cap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off the hair with water.
- Use this best shampoo for dry hair once a week for curing dry hair.
[Read more: Home remedies for dry skin]
Natural Dry Hair Conditioner – Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves
This is one of the best home remedies for dry hair. Coconut oil and curry leaf not only help dry frizzy hair but also treats hair fall and gray hair. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and curry leaves are responsible for nourishing the dry scalp and hair.
Dry Frizzy Hair Therapy at Home – Best Hair Oil for Dry Damaged Hair
- Add 6 curry leaves to 2 tbsps coconut oil and heat over medium flame.
- Lower the flame to simmer and heat it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and apply it to the hair.
- Gently massage the mixture into the scalp and tips of the hair strands.
- Cover the scalp with a warm towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off the hair with water to get shiny and brittle less hair.
- Repeat the process once in a week to get rid of dry hair.
[Read more: How to remove sun tan faster?]
Best Hot Oil Massage for Treating Dry Hair
One of the instant easy home remedies for dry hair is the hot oil massage. Massaging the scalp with oils improves the blood circulation and promotes strong and healthy hair growth. It also repairs split ends by moisturizing the hair strands.
Homemade Hot Oil Treatment for Dry hair
- Warm your regular hair oil and massage the oil into the scalp for a few minutes.
- Cover the scalp with a shower cap and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process frequently for moisturizing and curing dry hair.
[Also read the dehydration treatment at home]
Overnight Conditioning Dry Hair with Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is the best moisturizing home remedy for dry hair. It conditions and moisturizes the hair. Thereby it prevents dryness and dandruff on the scalp.
How to Use Mayonnaise for Dry Hair?
- Gently massage the homemade mayonnaise into the scalp and comb the hair till the end.
- Wrap the scalp with a shower cap and rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the scalp with water and a mild shampoo. Apply your regular conditioner after shampooing.
- Repeat this dry hair curing process regularly to get rid of dry damaged hair faster.
[Read more: How to remove back acne scars?]
Tips for Preventing Dry Hair – Basic Damaged Hair Care Routine
Along with the use of the above home remedies for dry hair, you need to follow some tips to get silky hair. Here are they.
- Do not comb your hair too much as it may damage the hair. Use a boar bristle brush to comb gently and do not comb when wet hair.
- Avoid the use of dryers, hot rollers as they de-moisturize and leads to dry hair.
- After shampooing, keep conditioning the hair and comb gently as the dry hair is delicate than normal.
- Stop using a baby shampoo as it is high in the pH level.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your body and scalp too. Also, keep oiling the hair to prevent dry hair.
- Choose the shampoos and hair care products with less quantity of alcohol.
- Protect the scalp and hair from the sun using hats and scarves. Also, wear the swim cap to protect the hair from chlorine of the water.
- Keep trimming your hair often to prevent split ends.
- Make a habit of eating fresh fruits and vegetables, leafy greens and avocados.
- If there is too much dryness, itching, scaling, and hair loss or excessive dry hair symptoms, consult your doctor.
These are some of the natural home remedies for dry hair and tips to reduce dry hair. Follow them regularly and get a shiny long thick hair.
Drink More Water… Your Skin, Your Hair, Your Mind, and Your Body will Thank You