- 1 How to Treat Diaper Rash Naturally? DIY Home Remedies for Diaper Rash
- 1.1 Is Baking Soda Good for Diaper Rash?
- 1.2 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Diaper Rash Quickly – Shea Butter
- 1.3 Cornstarch to prevent diaper rash pictures
- 1.4 Is coconut oil good for baby diaper rash?
- 1.5 Diaper Rash Home Remedies – Petroleum Jelly
- 1.6 Tips for Treating Diaper Rash or Diaper Rash Prevention Tips
Home Remedies for Diaper Rash: The happiest moment in every women’s life is becoming a mother. By seeing a baby smile, all our sadness will be gone. But how do we feel when we hear our baby cry? One of the reasons for the baby cry is diaper rash. The diaper rash is nothing but inflamed skin which occurs in the places of upper thighs, buttocks, genital area.
The main cause of diaper rash is trapping of skin in warm and moist environments for long periods. Other diaper causes include yeast infections, sensitivity to diaper, poor laundry, digestive problems, food allergies. The symptoms of diaper rash are inflammation, blisters, itching, and red skin. Whenever you find diaper rash on your baby skin, leave baby undraped so that the skin will breathe and moisture will disappear. In the market, we can get various diaper rash creams but they are costly, and no one knows that they are safe or not. Hence, use home remedies for diaper rash treatment. How long does it take for a diaper rash to go away? It takes about 1 week to cure diaper rashes at home.
How to Treat Diaper Rash Naturally? DIY Home Remedies for Diaper Rash
Is Baking Soda Good for Diaper Rash?
The simple ingredient from our kitchen cabinet Baking Soda is effective for Diaper Rash Treatment. The healing properties of baking soda neutralize the acids which cause diaper rash. It also removes skin dryness and kills germs to prevent infections. Know the process how to use baking soda to treat rashes in babies.
How to get rid of diaper rash with baking soda?
Method-1: (Baking soda and water for bad diaper rash cure)
- Take 2 tbsps of baking soda and add it to four cups of water.
- Wait for some time until the baking soda dissolves in water.
- Each time when you change baby’s diaper, wash the bottom with this mixture.
- Then, pat dries the skin with a clean dry cloth.
Method-2: (Baking Soda bath to treat yeast diaper rash)
- Include two tbsps of baking soda to a tub of warm water.
- Bathe your baby with this water for 10 minutes.
- After, pat dry baby skin completely after bathing.
- Do this home remedy for diaper rash for 3 times in a day.
[Also read: Home remedies for cystic acne scars]
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Diaper Rash Quickly – Shea Butter
Usually, shea butter is the best solution for skin nourishment because of its emollient nature. Along with this, the anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties of shea butter helps to prevent diaper rashes. Also, it contains yeast-killing properties can help to cure severe diaper rash without damaging baby skin. Shea butter is also beneficial for cell regeneration, blood circulation, and also healing adult diaper rashes. Since it doesn’t damage skin, you can apply to baby’s bottom before applying nappy.
- First, clean your baby’s bottom with a mild cleanser or soap and lukewarm water.
- Pat dry skin with a wash cloth.
- Take a little amount of pure shea butter and rub it gently in your hands until it melts. Then press your hands on the affected area, rubbing the shea butter on the irritated skin.
- After, apply on the affected areas.
- Left the Shea butter for a few minutes, and then put a fresh and comfortable diaper.
- Use this diaper rash home remedy regularly until the rashes were gone permanently.
[Also read: Home remedies to get rid of oily skin]
Cornstarch to prevent diaper rash pictures
How to cure diaper dermatitis? The amazing ingredient that gives crispiness to our foods is cornstarch. Apart from this, it is also used for many medicinal treatments. Diaper rash treatment at home is popular among those treatments. Cornstarch has hygroscopic nature. Hence, it absorbs moisture and reduces diaper friction which in turn prevents diaper rashes for babies and adults.
How to treat diaper rashes in infants with cornstarch?
- The first thing you must do, remove the diaper and clean your baby’s bottom with warm water.
- Rub the area with a washcloth to remove moisture.
- Allow the skin to dry naturally for some time.
- After drying, sprinkle some cornstarch on the rashy skin or bum area directly.
- Do this treatment for diaper rash every time before you change the diaper.
- Repeat this diaper rash home remedy until the skin heals completely.
[Also read: How to get rid of dark knees and elbows fast]
Is coconut oil good for baby diaper rash?
From years, coconut oil has been using for treating rashes of different kinds. Therefore, it is an excellent remedy for treating yeast diaper rash. The main reason why coconut oil is good for skin rashes in babies, the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut oil can cure nappy rashes. Also, it prevents spreading of bacteria and heals itchy sensation near the rash areas.
In some cases, the rashes will appear due to dryness. At that time, when harsh chemicals come in contact with baby’s skin can cause diaper rashes. Hence, coconut oil is very useful because it is a natural moisturizer. The soothing properties of coconut oil help to soothe skin and make it soft.
How to treat severe diaper rash with coconut oil?
- Before you change your baby’s diaper, wash the baby’s with lukewarm water.
- Allow it dry naturally for few minutes.
- Then, apply some amount of coconut oil on the diaper rashes.
- Repeat this diaper rash home treatment frequently to make baby’s skin soft and rashes free.
[Read more: How to cure dry skin naturally at home]
Diaper Rash Home Remedies – Petroleum Jelly
How to get rid of adult diApplying a thin layer of moisturizer every time before changing diaper acts as a protective layer for baby’s skin. One such moisturizer which is effective for diaper rash treatment at home is petroleum jelly. It will soothe your skin and protects the diaper area from the urine and feces effects. The baby feels much satisfaction with this petroleum jelly. Hence, it is one of the home remedies for diaper rash.
How to cure diaper rash at home using petroleum jelly?
- First of all, remove the soiled diaper.
- Rinse the baby’s bottom with lukewarm water.
- Allow the skin to dry on its own for some time.
- Then, apply petroleum jelly throughout the rashy area.
- Repeat this diaper rash remedy each time before changing the diaper.
- Soon the diaper rashes will be cured.
[Read more: How to make dark lips lighter]
Tips for Treating Diaper Rash or Diaper Rash Prevention Tips
Along with best home remedies for diaper rashes, follow these tips to get rid of diaper rashes fastly.
- Change the diaper from time to time to prevent skin contact with urine and feces.
- Avoid using commercial baby wipes because they contain harsh chemicals and alcohol which can irritate skin.
- Rather than those baby products, use mild soap.
- Avoid dresses which are tight for babies.
- Maximum, try not to put the diaper and use only when going outside.
- Use mild detergents to wash clothes.
- Make sure that baby’s skin is dry before putting a new diaper.
- If rashes occur, try different diaper brands, soaps, etc.
- Clean your hands after putting a fresh diaper to prevent the spreading of bacteria.
Use these home remedies for diaper rash regularly. Because single time practice doesn’t give desired results.