Home Remedies for Dark Spots: Attending a party with thick layers of foundation to cover the dark spots on your face is an annoying thing. Isn’t it? With makeup, you can cover them slightly but what about the permanent solution for dark spots? People with dark spots look aged from the rest of the crowd. So, one should concentrate in lightening the dark spots immediately.
But what are these dark spots and why do they occur? Dark spots are also called age spots, black spots, liver spots, sun spots, brown spots. They are the discolored skin patches which can occur on your shoulders, arms, and back. When the secretion of melanin pigment, the black spots appear. Some other causes of dark spots include sun exposure for long hours, vitamin deficiencies, hormonal changes, and stress.
Though dark spots are not a sign of health risks, it lowers ones’ self-esteem. So, instead of covering them with thick makeup, why not use the natural treatments to lighten dark spots? Keep reading to know the methods to get rid of dark spots or black spots naturally.
[How to lighten dark neck with lemon?]
Home Remedies for Dark Spots Treatment
Various kitchen ingredients that treat dark spots or sun spots naturally at home are below. Try them regularly at least for a month to get an improvement.
Can Lemon Juice Clears Dark Spots on Your Skin?
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for dark spots. Because it has the natural skin bleaching properties which lighten dark spots or black spots. The citric acid of lemon reduces the melanin production, and moreover, it exfoliates the dead skin cells. The home remedy for black spots with lemon is very effective in removing dark spots in any of the body parts.
How to Use Lemon to Lighten Dark Spots on Your Skin?
- Mix 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and apply the lemon sugar scrub on the spots.
- Have a gentle massage with your fingers in circular motions.
- Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the treatment for age spots twice or thrice a week to get rid of brown spots.
How to Remove Dark Spots on Face with Lemon Turmeric Mask?
- Mix 3 tsp lemon juice and one tsp turmeric powder or tomato paste.
- Apply the face cream for dark spots and rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat using this best sun spot remover regularly until the spots lighten.
- You can also add the paste of parsley to get additional benefits.
Removal of Dark Spots on Face with Lemon Juice and Potato
- Combine one mashed potato, 1 tbsp lemon juice, a small quantity of honey and milk together and mix well.
- Apply the black spot removal cream on the affected areas.
- Let it rest for a few minutes to dry and then wash with water.
- Repeat treating the dark spots with lemon juice and potato thrice a week to reduce black spots faster.
Apart from these methods, you can also rub a lemon slice or lemon juice on the patches. Let it dry and wash off with water. Do this also can help to get rid of liver spots naturally. Ensure that you avoid sun exposure till 6 hours of lemon treatment for black spots. Because lemon makes you photo-sensitive and causes irritation, burning sensation.
[Learn how to lighten dark knees and elbows]
Natural Remedies to Reduce Dark Spots and Pigmentation – Sandalwood
Here is one of the effective home remedies for dark spots. The sandalwood treatment for dark patches on skin is the best of all. Because it contains the antiseptic, skin lightening, anti-aging properties which reduce brown spots and hyper-pigmentation. Moreover, it possesses the natural soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
Sandalwood Homemade Face Pack to Treat Dark Spots
- Mix 2 tbsp sandalwood powder and 2 tbsp rose water.
- Then add 1 tsp glycerin and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Mix well by adding enough amount of cold water.
- Now, apply this sandalwood pack on the affected areas and leave it for a few minutes.
- Then wash off the skin with cold water.
- Repeat the process for a few times in a week to lighten dark spots.
How to Remove Dark Spots and Balck Spots on Face Naturally?
- Add 2 tbsps sandalwood powder, 1 tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp lemon juice, contents of 2 vitamin E capsules.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin areas and rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat the skin to dry.
- Repeat the process a few times in a week for 3 to 4 months to clear off dark spots.
Reduce Aging Skin Spots with Sandalwood Oil
- Add a few drops of sandalwood oil to 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on the spots.
- Let it rest overnight and then wash off with water in the morning.
- Repeat the process every day before sleeping to lighten dark brown spots on the skin.
Treatment for Dark Spots on Face with Milk
Milk is one of the soothing home remedies for dark spots. It contains the vitamin A, biotin, vitamin D, and lactic acid. It removes the skin impurities and lightens black spots and blemishes. Moreover, the pregnant women can use milk to lighten dark spots safely.
How to Use Milk for Dark Spots?
- Mix 4 tbsp milk and 2 tbsp honey and apply this mixture on the skin using a cotton ball.
- Gently massage in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes to dry and then wash off with water.
- Pat the skin to dry.
- Repeat the dark spots treatment daily to get rid of liver spots naturally.
- Alternatively, you can replace honey with turmeric powder or sandalwood powder.
[Also read the tips to lighten dark underarms]
Tips and Precautions to Remove Dark Spots
Along with the use of above home remedies for dark spots, one should follow some tips to completely prevent black spots and pigmentation. Here are the natural tips to prevent brown spots on the skin.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin and get a healthy spot free skin.
- Eat the foods rich in anti-oxidant properties like dark chocolate, soy, fava beans, citrus fruits, green tea, ginkgo to stop dark spots on face, legs, hands, chest, buttocks.
- Perform a regular yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, therapies, to reduce your stress which is a major cause of dark spots.
- Use the sunscreen that contains zinc oxide or titanium, dioxide while you go out in the sun. This prevents the formation of brown or black spots.
- Make sure you remove the makeup before using any of the above dark spots home remedies.
So, these are some of the easy home remedies for dark spots. Use them regularly and share your experience in the below comment section.