- 1 Top 10 Home Remedies for Chapped Lips – How Do You Keep Your Chapped Lips Moist?
- 1.1 How to Heal Chapped Lips? – Sugar
- 1.2 The Best Remedy for Chapped Lips – Honey
- 1.3 Rose Petals – An Easy Chapped Lips Care
- 1.4 Natural Lip Balm for Chapped Lips – Milk Cream
- 1.5 An Easy Chapped Lips Solution – Cucumber
- 1.6 Chapped Lips Remedy – Castor Oil
- 1.7 Aloe Vera Cures Chapped Lips
- 1.8 Natural Chapped Lips Remedies – Mango Butter
- 1.9 Chapped Lips Cure with Coconut Oil
- 1.10 Is Petroleum Jelly Good for Chapped Lips?
- 2 How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Overnight?
Home Remedies for Chapped Lips: Well, this is not a serious problem. Almost everyone will experience the dryness, cracking, flaking, redness, soreness of the lips. Though they are not much a severe disease, they will trouble us a lot. The main cause of chapped lips is the lack of moisture. The other causes of chapped lips include vitamin deficiency, a habit of smoking, allergies, dehydration, skin disorders.
Several lip moisturizers are available that can relieve chapped lips. But they offer you only a short term result. But what do we need? A long term result. Right? If we overuse them, the severity in the dryness of lips increases. So, why can’t we use the natural, inexpensive products available at home to get soft, healthy lips? Want to know the natural remedies for chapped lips? Just scroll down the page.
[Read more: Home remedies for cracked feet]
Top 10 Home Remedies for Chapped Lips – How Do You Keep Your Chapped Lips Moist?
The simplest and efficient home remedies which prevent chapped lips are the following.
How to Heal Chapped Lips? – Sugar
A natural exfoliator in your kitchen is the sugar. It removes dead skin cells, dry, and stimulates the new cell growth on the skin.
How to cure chapped lips with sugar?
- Combine three tsp of sugar, one tsp of honey, and make a paste out of them.
- Spread this paste on the chapped lips and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Gently massage it for a minute.
- Then wash the lips with warm water.
- Repeat the process to get rid of chapped lips.
- You can also use olive oil instead of sugar.
[Read more: Home remedies for dandruff]
The Best Remedy for Chapped Lips – Honey
Honey is one of the best home remedies for chapped lips. It is a natural antibacterial and moisturizer. It prevents the infection from spreading to other areas of the lips. So, make a look at the procedure of using honey for chapped lips.
How to get rid of chapped lips naturally?
- Massage enough amount of raw honey on the lips for five times in a day.
- You can also mix honey and glycerin. Apply it on the lips and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off early in the morning.
- Repeat the process to soften lips.
[Read more: dry scalp treatment]
Rose Petals – An Easy Chapped Lips Care
The best lip balm recipe is here. Rose petals act as a natural moisturizer and also provides a natural color to your lips.
Chapped Lips Home Remedy
- Soak a handful of rose petals in milk for three hours.
- Make the petals to a paste.
- Now, Massage the paste gently on the chapped lips.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then wash off.
- Repeat the process thrice a day and also before going to bed.
- You can also use glycerin instead of milk.
[Learn How to remove sun tan]
Natural Lip Balm for Chapped Lips – Milk Cream
The milk cream is also one of the best home remedies for chapped lips. It provides enough moisture to the lips and hence treats chapped lips.
Chapped Lips Remedy with Milk Cream
- Gently massage enough amount of the milk cream on the lips and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process thrice a day to get relief from chapped lips.
[Read more: Dry Skin Care at Home]
An Easy Chapped Lips Solution – Cucumber
The chapped lips treatment involves cucumber. Moreover, cucumber is a rich source of vitamins, nutrients, and moisturizing agents.
How to Cure Chapped Lips?
- Rub a fresh slice of cucumber on the chapped lips.
- Let the lips absorb all the nutrients of cucumber.
- After 15 to 20 minutes wash your lips with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process to treat chapped lips faster.
[Read more: Hair Fall Control]
Chapped Lips Remedy – Castor Oil
A regular usage of castor oil acts as the best-chapped lips treatment. It provides enough moisture to the dry lips.
How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips At Home?
- Combine one tsp castor oil, one tsp glycerin, 1/4th tsp of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the lips before you go to sleep and let it rest overnight.
- Wash off your lips in the morning.
- Repeat the same procedure.
- You can also use castor oil alone to massage your lips.
[Read more: Natural hair growth remedies]
Aloe Vera Cures Chapped Lips
Here comes the amazing natural moisturizer to cure chapped lips. It is rich in anti-inflammatory, hygroscopic properties that can heal chapped lips by providing enough moisture. It also soothes and gives instant relief from chapped lips pain.
Fight against the Chapped Lips Causes – Aloe Vera
- Extract the gel out of an aloe vera leaf.
- Then massage the gel on your dry lips and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process to heal chapped lips quickly.
Natural Chapped Lips Remedies – Mango Butter
The tasty mango butter is one of the best home remedies for chapped lips. The oleic acids and stearic fatty acids of mango butter are helpful to maintain a perfect balance of moisture levels in the lips. The skin itself produces the sebum to moisturize the outer layers. When there is a deficiency, then mango butter replaces the skin’s sebum production.
Treatment for Chapped Lips with Mango Butter
- Spread some mango butter on the dry lips and let it dry.
- Then wash off the lips with water.
- Replay the process to get relief from chapped lips completely.
Chapped Lips Cure with Coconut Oil
Wherever you find dryness on your body, coconut oil is the best moisturizer that is available. It supplies nutrients and moisture to the skin and also heals the dry, cracked lips.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips?
- Apply some organic coconut oil on the dry lips and massage gently.
- You can do this process several times in a day.
- Mustard oil can also replace the functionality of coconut oil.
Is Petroleum Jelly Good for Chapped Lips?
The commercial product which also acts as one of the best home remedies for chapped lips. It is an over-the-counter medicine for chapped lips. A combination of petroleum jelly and honey is more effective in treating chapped lips.
Vaseline on Chapped Lips Before Bed
- Apply a layer of honey on the dry lips.
- Then cover the layer of honey with a layer of petroleum jelly.
- Leave this lip balm for chapped lips for nearly 15 minutes.
- Now, using a cotton ball clean off your dry lips.
- Do this process twice a day to prevent chapped lips completely.
How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips Overnight?
- The best preventive treatment for chapped lips is to drink lots of water like eight glasses per day.
- Along with the above home remedies for chapped lips, use the chapped lip care products which are not so harmful.
- To relieve chapped lips faster, use the lip balms with SPF of at least 15.
- Try to avoid your habit of licking the lips, breathing through your mouth as it may increase dryness further.
- For curing severely chapped lips, avoid salty and acidic foods.
- Eat the foods rich in vitamins A, B, E to treat chapped lips naturally.
- Any usage of the fluoride products can cause chapped lips. Therefore stop using them.
- When you do not observe any healing of chapped lips, then consult your doctor. Since, the chapped lips reasons links with macrocytosis, Kawasaki disease, diabetes, and some sexually transmitted diseases.
So, these are some of the best home remedies for chapped lips & some basic tips for treating chapped lips at home. Try any of the easy remedies to cure lips chapping and let us know how they worked on you.