- 1 Instant Home Remedies for Burns – DIY Best Ointments for Burns
- 1.1 Cold Water – Best First Aid for Burns
- 1.2 Natural Treatment for Burns with Aloe Vera
- 1.3 How to Stop a Burn from Hurting with Milk?
- 1.4 Vinegar Home Remedies for Burn Treatment
- 1.5 Naturally Soothing Burn Treatments with Yogurt
- 1.6 Can Honey Soothe a Burn? – Honey Treatment for Burns on Hands
- 1.7 What To Put on a Burn from Boiling Water? – Black Tea Bags
- 1.8 Relieve Minor Burns with a Raw Potato
- 2 Natural Tips to Cure Burns
Home Remedies for Burns: When something that is hot hits your skin suddenly, what do you think for the first moment? You look for the thing that relieves the burning pain instantly. You need not rush for the pharmacy to relieve a burn. Just a simple burn remedy is there in your kitchen cupboard. We are here to give you an idea of using the kitchen ingredients to treat burns quickly.
Basically, there are three types of burns namely,
- First Degree Burn – The Epidermis, an outer layer of the skin is burnt here. You experience pain and redness, less chance of blisters. The 1st-degree burn has a natural cure at home.
- Second Degree Burn – Here, a burn happens to the epidermis and the dermis ( upper and middle layers0 of the skin. Pain, redness, swelling, blisters affects the skin. The natural treatment for burns can work for some and the some might require medical treatment.
- Third Degree Burn – When the deeper layers of the skin, the subcutaneous tissue burns, it is a 3rd-degree burn due to some radioactive materials. The bones, blood vessels, glands, muscles get affected. There should be an immediate medical assistance for curing burns.
[Also know about home remedies for fever]
So, by now you might have got an idea of the type of your burn. If it is a first-degree or a second-degree burn, then here are some home remedies for burns that are effective in relieving the burns instantly.
Instant Home Remedies for Burns – DIY Best Ointments for Burns
Cold Water – Best First Aid for Burns
Washing your burns with cold water is the best healing home remedies for burns. Because it treats burns and stops spreading.
- Pour cold water on the burns for a few minutes.
- Using the cold compress techniques also works on the affected area.
- Repeat the process several times a day to get rid of burns.
- You can also use whole milk instead of cold water.
[Also know about how to cure sinus headaches]
Natural Treatment for Burns with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera have the properties that cure burns effectively. The properties like soothing, healing, astringent, painkilling make it one of the soothing home remedies for burns.
How to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Burns?
- Firstly wash off the burns with either cold water or vinegar.
- Extract the gel of an aloe vera leaf and apply the skin burn cream on the affected area directly.
- Let the burn relief cream rest and soothe the burning pain.
- You can also try any ointment which contains aloe vera.
- Repeat the use of burns cure procedure frequently to reduce burns.
[Read more: Home remedies for diabetes milletus]
How to Stop a Burn from Hurting with Milk?
As you know that milk is a natural skin cleanser, it can also be used to treat the mild burns. The fat of milk soothes your burns and raises the rate of burns healing process. A low-fat milk can also be used as it contains a certain enzyme which heals burns faster.
- Dab a washcloth soaked in milk for some time.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and repeat the process for every 3 to 4 hours.
- Wash the burns and the cloth after 24 hours with a mild soap and water.
[Read more: Home remedies for constipation]
Vinegar Home Remedies for Burn Treatment
To treat minor burns and to prevent infections, use vinegar to wash the burnt areas. Because it contains the antiseptic and astringent properties that heal burns faster.
- Before using vinegar on the burnt skin, dilute it with an equal amount of water.
- Use this diluted mixture to wash the affected areas.
- Also, soak a washcloth in this solution and cover the skin with it.
- Keep replacing the cloth for every 3 hours.
- Repeat the process continuously for healing burns quickly.
[Read more: How to reduce excessive sweating?]
Naturally Soothing Burn Treatments with Yogurt
Yogurt is one of the cooling home remedies for burns. It acts as a natural antidote for your burns. It soothes and cools the burned skin areas.
Homemade Healing Solution for Burning – Best Way to treat a burn on Feet
- Spread a cup of plain yogurt on the burnt area and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash off the affected area with water.
- Repeat the procedure frequently for curing burns naturally.
[Learn how to get rid of smelly feet]
Can Honey Soothe a Burn? – Honey Treatment for Burns on Hands
A natural disinfectant that heals the burns is the honey. It is the best home remedy for burns since it draws the fluids out of the tissues, soothes, and cleans the burnt areas.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on the burns and leave it undisturbed.
- You can also spread honey on the bandage and stick it on the burns.
- Let it rest for a few hours and then change the bandage.
- Repeat the procedure 3 to 4 times a day to cure burns and relieve the pain
[Read more: Home Remedies for Diaper Rash]
What To Put on a Burn from Boiling Water? – Black Tea Bags
Most of us use black tea for weight loss. But it is also one of the natural home remedies for burns. It contains the tannic acid which draws the heat from the burns and relieves pain.
How to Get Rid of Burn Pain Instantly?
- Steep 3 tea bags in a cup of cool water for a few minutes.
- Then dab the bags on your burns.
- You can also tie them around the affected area with a gauze.
Black tea bags for treating burns
- Steep 3 to 4 black tea bags, 2 cups of fresh mint leaves in 4 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the solution and let it cool.
- Now, apply the liquid on the burned area with a cotton ball.
Try any of the above natural burn remedies that treat burns very effectively.
Relieve Minor Burns with a Raw Potato
The soothing and anti-irritating properties of the raw potatoes make it one of the simple home remedies for burns. It reduces pains and prevents the blisters formation.
How to Treat a Flash Burn with Raw Potatoes?
- Gently rub the slice of a raw potato on and around the burns.
- Remember not to pressurize much on them but ensure that the potato juice is applied on the burns.
- Use this burn remedy immediately after you are hit by a burn.
- Repeat this burn first aid if necessary.
Natural Tips to Cure Burns
- Make sure that you are eating the foods rich in vitamin C, A, E as they help to heal the burns and wounds quickly.
- Avoid touching the burns with bare hands as it may lead to bacterial spread and finally worsen the condition.
- Make a habit of washing the hands before and after treating the burns and wear gloves for safety purpose.
- Apply a layer of white toothpaste on the burned area and let it rest overnight to dry out the inflammation.
- To heal the burns quickly, use calendula based ointments for burns, as they contain the anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent properties.
- Do not try to remove the clothes that are stuck to the burns as it may bleed. But try to remove the jewelry and unburned clothing.
- Install a fire extinguisher in your house, wear an apron while cooking, have a spare of baking soda box nearby.
- Consult a doctor to get the medical treatment for burns and the severe affects.
So, these are some of the easy home remedies for burns. Try them regularly to get rid of burns quickly and naturally at home. An important point to remember is not to place ice cubes directly on the burns as it may constrict the blood vessels. If there is any serious condition, do wait for nothing and just rush to a doctor.
Get Rid of Things That Burn You