- 1 How to Get Rid of a Black Eye Quickly? – Natural Home Remedies for Black Eyes
- 2 Simple Tips to Prevent Black Eyes
Home Remedies for Black Eyes: Wondering what is this black eyes concept? When someone hits you on your face, your eyes swell, and its surroundings change color. Right? This is what Black eyes mean. Some other causes for black eyes are accidents, nasal, allergic reactions, dental infections, cosmetic surgery, bug bites, skin infections, etc.
You can understand that you are with black eyes with some signs. The symptoms of black eyes are blood pools in the affected area, skin changes from red, purple, or black. Some other black eyes symptoms are a pain, swelling, blurry vision, headaches, and disability of eye movement.
It heals within two weeks. If the skin around eyes has any cuts, severe internal injury in the head, eyes, etc. you need to consult a doctor for black eyes treatment. Also, you should run for treating black eyes if you are experiencing vomitings, dizziness, nausea, double vision, loss of sight, excessive sensitivity to light, etc. Here are some black eyes remedies that can help you to heal black eyes naturally and faster too.
[Read more: Homemade dry skin care tips]
How to Get Rid of a Black Eye Quickly? – Natural Home Remedies for Black Eyes
[Read more: Natural dehydration treatment]
Cold Compress for Relieving Black Eyes
To constrict the blood vessels and stop internal bleeding under the skin, use this ice compress method after getting injured. By doing this, the ice anesthetizes the pain, swelling, and inflammation. So, this is one of the instant home remedies for black eyes. Remember not to apply ice directly.
- Wrap some ice cubes in a clean, hygienic cloth and apply it on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure for every 1 to 2 hours to relieve the pain of black eyes.
[Also read the ways to remove sun tan]
Warm Compress for Swelling Black Eyes
After two days of continuous usage of the cold compress, start this warm compress to increase the blood flow the affected blood vessels.
How to Treat a Bruised Eye Naturally at Home?
- Dip a clean cloth in warm water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Apply it on and around the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure 1 to 2 hours to heal black eyes within a week.
- You can also massage gently around the eyes with the warm cloth if you’re not experiencing pain.
- To treat black eyes do not use heating pads or do not wash with hot water.
[Read more: Natural Treatment for Dry Scalp]
Potato – Fastest Way to Heal a Black Eye
Potatoes are one of the easy home remedies for black eyes treatment. They carry the enzymes which disperse the old blood from bruises. To reduce black eyes swelling and pain, you need to use this black eyes home remedy with potato regularly.
How to Cure a Black Eye Faster with Potato?
- Refrigerate the cut slices of a potato for a few minutes.
- Now, place them on the affected area until the cold slices turn normal.
- Repeat the procedure regularly to cure black eyes.
- You can also use cucumber slices or chilled tea bags to treat black eyes naturally.
How to Get Rid of Black Eyes Overnight?
- Extract the juice out of the potato grating.
- Apply this potato juice on the eyes and its surroundings with a cotton ball.
- Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process every day for curing black eyes faster at home.
[Learn how to get rid of back acne scars]
Do Witch Hazel Work for Black Eyes?
An effective home remedy that heals black eyes is the witch hazel. It is a traditional treatment used by Americal Indians for treating many medicinal issues. This plant of witch hazel is used to cure swelling, bruises, sores, and skin darkness. It tightens the veins and thereby, reduces the pains and inflammation of black eyes. Witch Hazel also refreshes eyes and prevents dark circles under eyes.
How to Use Witch Hazel for Black Eyes?
- Add ten drops of witch hazel to 100 ml of water.
- You can also add chamomile oil is you want to.
- Now soak a cotton ball and apply this mixture on the black eyes.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times a day for getting rid of black eyes quickly.
[Read more: Home remedies for abscess tooth]
How to Prevent Black Eyes with Comfrey Root?
One of the herbal home remedies for black eyes is the comfrey root. Most of the herbalists use this root for treating skin problems. It contains a small organic molecule of allantoin which stimulates the cell growth, reduces inflammation, and repairs the skin.
Comfrey root Black Eye Treatment
- Make a paste of comfrey root and water in the ratio of 2:1.
- Spread the paste on and around the eyes.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off with water to heal a black eye overnight.
Treat a Shiner with Comfrey Root
- Boil one tsp comfrey root in 1 glass of water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain and let the solution cool down.
- Dip a clean cloth in the solution and apply it on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this usage of black eyes cures every day.
[Also read the tips to lighten dark knees and elbows]
Simple Tips to Prevent Black Eyes
Along with the use of the above simple home remedies for black eyes, you should follow some routine for healing black eyes faster than usual.
- For the first 24 days of getting the black eyes, elevate your head while you sleep to prevent swelling.
- Do not rub or put pressure on the eyes as it may worsen the condition and increases the signs of black eyes.
- Have a 7 to 9 hours sleep to relieve stress and to cure black eyes quicker.
- To get relief from black eyes, refrigerate a metal spoon and place it on the affected area.
- Use the acetaminophen pain reliever for black eyes according to the instructions.
- Drinking plenty of water is the best treatment for black eyes. It flushes out the toxins from the affected areas.
- Take some preventive measures while you go out like wearing goggles, helmets, seat belts, proper protective gear, etc.
- If the blackness persists for a long time, then consult your doctor immediately.
So, these are some of the best home remedies for black eyes that are very effective in treating black eyes problem. Along with them follow the above tips to reduce black eyes naturally.