- 1 Causes & Symptoms of Acidity
- 2 How to Cure Acidity? - Home Remedies for Acidity & Heartburn
- 2.1 Carom Seeds - Natural Methods of Acidity Cure
- 2.2 Best Home Remedies for Acidity with Buttermilk
- 2.3 Best Medicine for Acidity in the Stomach - Watermelon
- 2.4 Foods to Include in Diet for Treating Acidity
- 2.5 Foods to Exclude From Your Diet to Treat Acidity
Home Remedies for Acidity: An excessive secretion of acid by the gastric glands in the stomach is Acidity. Digestion of the food we eat needs hydrochloric acid. When the acid production is more in the stomach, the gastric juices flow towards the esophagus and affects the stomach. This is what acidity means. Look at the following symptoms and reasons of acid reflux.
Causes & Symptoms of Acidity
Here are some of the signs of acidity that can help you identify the acidity at an early stage. Never neglect the symptoms because they might make the disease grow further. Early treatment for acidity can prevent you from severity.
Acid Reflux or Acidity Symptoms
- Lack of appetite.
- Nausea, chest pain.
- Gastro - esophageal acid reflux.
- Ulcer formation in the esophagus.
- Painful muscular contractions.
- Constipation, heartburn, earache, and pain in the upper abdomen.
- Difficulty in speech and respiration.
[Read more: Home Remedies for Abscess tooth]
- Excess alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Improper diet.
- Malfunctioning of the digestive system.
- Obesity, Pregnancy, Heredity.
- Over fasting.
- Excessive intake of coffee or caffeine and foods that are fatty, spicy, oily.
- Peptic ulcer
These are some of the acid reflux causes. Try to avoid them and follow the below home remedies to get rid of acidity and to cure acidity faster.
[Read more: Can apple cider vinegar cure a sore throat?]
How to Cure Acidity? - Home Remedies for Acidity & Heartburn
Carom Seeds - Natural Methods of Acidity Cure
This is the best remedy for acidity. Since it is very effective in treating the digestion and stomach related problems. The carom seeds contain the carminative and digestive properties that make digestion smooth and easier. Thereby it prevents the gastrointestinal issues. So, use carom seeds to prevent acidity and other digestive issues.
[Learn how to get rid of smelly feet]
Carom Seeds for Acidity Control
- Crush some carom seeds with your hands to release the oils.
- Take these seeds into your mouth and then have water.
- You can also mix both the seeds and water to drink.
- Repeat the process every day to clear acidity.
How to Cure Acidity Permanently?
- Mix a tsp of carom seeds with a few drops of lemon juice and ginger juice.
- Stir well and drink the solution.
- Do this process when you feel the burning sensation in the stomach to get instant relief from acidity.
Quick Relief from Acidity with Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- Grind equal amounts of carom seeds and rock salt. Store the powder in an airtight container.
- Mix half a spoon of the powder in a glass of warm water and drink it to relieve acidity.
- You can also consume the powder alone without mixing it with water.
- Repeat the process to counteract acidity and digestive problems.
[Read more: Get instant relief from Arthritis]
Best Home Remedies for Acidity with Buttermilk
The traditional recipe of buttermilk is an amazing remedy for treating acidity. It neutralizes the acidity or acid reflux in the stomach with its lactic acid. The buttermilk also contains vitamins, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. Moreover, it soothes your stomach and prevents acidity. To cure acidity completely, you can add ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves, sea salt, and asafetida.
[Read more: How to eliminate cellulite?]
Acidity Treatment at Home with Buttermilk
- Add a tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar to a cup of buttermilk.
- Let the ingredients sit for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Consume the buttermilk to clear acidity.
- Repeat the process regularly to keep acidity at bay.
Buttermilk Treatment of Acid Reflux
- Add some black pepper powder to a glass of buttermilk and mix well.
- Drink this to reduce acidity and its effects.
- Repeat the process regularly for a complete cure of acidity.
How to Get Rid of Acidity with Buttermilk?
- Add one tsp of fresh coriander juice to a glass of buttermilk and mix it well.
- Drink this daily to reduce acidity or to reduce acid reflux in the stomach.
[Also Read: How to treat a sinus headache at home?]
Best Medicine for Acidity in the Stomach - Watermelon
Here is one of the safest home remedies for acidity. The lower pH level, the higher acidity in foods. So, you should take the foods with lower acidic levels. Watermelon has a high pH of 9 that is more alkaline. Moreover, a study proves that the people with acidity or acid reflux got a 95% improvement with a low acidic diet. So, look at the procedure of using watermelon for treating acidity.
Natural Foods that Reduce Stomach Acid
- Cut a ripe watermelon into small pieces and store them in a refrigerator.
- To relieve acidity or acid reflux instantly, eat a small bowl of watermelon pieces.
- Repeat the process several times a day to treat acidity instantly.
- Remember not to eat the watermelon pieces that are cut and stored for more than three days.
- You can also take the watermelon pieces with the combination of grapefruit, banana to prevent acidity.
How to Reduce Acidity Faster with Watermelon?
- Store the pieces of a ripe watermelon in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Blend them and drink the juice as an acidity cure.
- You can also mix some coconut water and watermelon juice.
- Drink the juice between meals or when you feel the burning sensation.
- Do the process to avoid acidity instantly
Foods to Include in Diet for Treating Acidity
A proper diet is one of the important and best home remedies for acidity. Because improper intake of foods is the main cause of acidity. So, look at the foods that you should include in your diet to control acidity.
- Broccoli, Asparagus, Cauliflower, Spinach, Celery.
- Apples, Banana, Watermelon, Cherries.
- Margarine, White wine, Red wine, Marmalade.
- Potatoes, Tomatoes, Radishes, Green Beans, Carrots, etc.
Foods to Exclude From Your Diet to Treat Acidity
Skip the following foods as they are acidic to avoid heartburn.
- Whole milk, White bread, Whole wheat cooked spaghetti.
- Chicken, Lean Beef, Wild, cooked trout, Hot dog.
- Peanuts (dry roasted), Walnuts, Cooked Salmon, White canned tuna fish.
- Mozzarella, Canned sardines, Whole egg (hard boiled), Pepperoni.
- Cooked turkey bacon, American / cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese (more acid producing).
So, these are some of the home remedies for acidity. Choose any of the best treatments fo acidity and make use of them regularly. Because every remedy needs time to cure a disease completely. Just have some patience and confidence in you.
Did you Know?
The pH of your Body Effects Every Aspect of your Health