- 1 What is an Abscess Tooth?
- 2 5 Best Home Remedies For Abscess Tooth Pain
- 2.1 How To Cure An Abscess Tooth Effectively | How To Get Rid Of Tooth Abscess Without Dentist
- 2.1.1 How To Get Rid Of A Tooth Abscess Without Going To The Dentist - Oil Pulling Method
- 2.1.2 How To Get Rid Of An Abscess? - Turmeric
- 2.1.3 Oregano Oil - Abscessed Tooth Home Remedy
- 2.1.4 Abscess Treatment At Home With Oregano Oil
- 2.1.5 Home Remedy For Tooth Abscess - Peppermint
- 2.1.6 Home Remedies For An Abscess Tooth Infection With Clove Oil
- 2.1.7 Tooth Abscess Treatment With Clove Oil
- 2.1.8 Garlic Home Remedy For Tooth Abscess
- 2.2 How To Take Care Of An Infected Tooth?
- 2.1 How To Cure An Abscess Tooth Effectively | How To Get Rid Of Tooth Abscess Without Dentist
Home Remedies for Abscess Tooth: Feeling distressed with the agony of your tooth abscess? They throb you with the hell of pangs. No worries! We are here to help you in easing your pain and the other symptoms of abscess tooth. You can make your day easier with the use of some toothache remedies. But make sure you know the causes and symptoms of abscess tooth to prevent the re-occurrence of the infection.
What is an Abscess Tooth?
A collection of pus from the gums and broken tooth is an abscessed tooth or root abscess or dentoalveolar abscess. The most common types of abscess are the periapical abscess and periodontal abscess.
The origin of the abscess is from the infection in the untreated gums and tooth. But why do the infection start? When you have a tooth decay, broken tooth, or a failure of the root canal treatment, the disease grows. Finally, it leads to abscess tooth if the infection is not treated. Though the abscess tooth home remedies may not help in treating the abscessed tooth completely, they can reduce the severity of the tooth abscess signs.
[How apple cider vinegar is good for weight loss?]
Symptoms of Abscessed Tooth
- Swelling of the lymph nodes under the jaw.
- Tooth discoloration.
- Pain when you chew something.
- Sensitive to hot or cold temperatures.
- Excess pain in the tooth, face, neck, and ear.
- Foul smelling due to the drain off pus in the mouth.
So, to get rid of these pangs of abscess tooth try the below home remedies to cure abscess tooth and get the abscess tooth pain relief methods.
[Read more: Home remedies for cracked heels]
5 Best Home Remedies For Abscess Tooth Pain
Get the perfect abscess tooth home treatment with the easily available ingredients here. The perfect home remedies for tooth abscess involves all the household components so that you can easily start the remedy at the moment. I highly recommend you to follow the home remedy for abscess tooth which you are comfortable with as you have to follow the technique regularly without skipping.
How To Cure An Abscess Tooth Effectively | How To Get Rid Of Tooth Abscess Without Dentist
- Oil Pulling
- Oregano Oil
- Clove Oil
How To Get Rid Of A Tooth Abscess Without Going To The Dentist - Oil Pulling Method
You might have seen villagers trying this oil pulling on an empty stomach early in the morning. Knowing or unknowingly they are practicing an ancient Ayurvedic treatment for dental health. It's true! If you have any abscess tooth or gums swelling you can try this remedy to treat them. Because it cleanses the bacteria, toxins that are stuck in the oral cavity and hiding between the tooth. So, check out the process.
Oil Pulling Tooth Abscess Home Treatment
- Extra virgin coconut oil - 1 tbsp.
How To Drain A Tooth Abscess At Home With Oil Pulling
- Fill up your mouth with coconut oil.
- Keep swishing the oil throughout the mouth for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, do not swallow it.
- Then spit out the oil and then swish water.
- Replay the process two times a day and continuously for a month.
- It is better to perform this oil pulling on an empty stomach.
[Check How coconut oil is good for hair fall?]
How To Get Rid Of An Abscess? - Turmeric
A well known antiseptic kitchen ingredient and an Ayurvedic medicine is the turmeric. It is one of the best home remedies for abscess tooth with swollen face. It is not only an antiseptic but also an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory agent. Moreover, it reduces the pain and inflammation which are the symptoms of abscess tooth. So, snap up the process of using turmeric to treat abscess tooth.
Gum Abscess Treatment With Turmeric
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp.
Turmeric On How To Cure An Abscess Tooth
- Make a paste by mixing turmeric and water.
- Apply this turmeric paste to the tooth infection and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Do this process post-brushing.
[Read more: How to get rid of sweaty hands]
Turmeric & Salt Home Remedy For Infected Tooth - Alternate Method
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1tsp.
- Lukewarm water - 1 glass.
How To Treat An Abscess Tooth At Home With Turmeric
- Mix all the ingredients and use this solution to rinse the mouth.
- Wash your mouth in the very frequent times in a day.
Supplement Home Remedy Abscess Tooth Tip With Turmeric & olive oil
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Olive or mustard oil - 1 tsp.
Turmeric For Abscess Tooth Relief
- Make a mouthwash paste by mixing all the ingredients.
- Apply this paste on the infection and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Then wash your mouth with warm water.
Replay any of the above turmeric home remedies for abscess tooth twice a day.
[Read more: How to cure dehydration instantly?]
Oregano Oil - Abscessed Tooth Home Remedy
The tooth abscess home remedies for mouth infection include oregano oil. It possesses the antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antioxidant properties which help you in easing the pain due to the tooth infection. The oregano oil also boosts your immune system. So, get the idea on how to use oregano oil on the abscessed tooth.
Abscess Treatment At Home With Oregano Oil
- Rub enough oregano oil on the infection.
- Do this process every day according to your convenience and until your pain eases.
[Read more: Home Remedies to remove dark circles]
Home Remedy For Tooth Infection With Oregano Oil
- Oregano oil - 3 to 5 drops.
- Warm water - 1/4 cup.
Perfect Remedy For Abscess Tooth
- Stir the oregano oil and warm water and swish the emulsion in your mouth for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day.
[Learn how to remove sun tan faster]
Home Remedy For Tooth Abscess - Peppermint
One more jewel from the crown of home remedies for abscess tooth swelling is the peppermint. It works wonders on your tooth and eases your pain and infection. It carries the anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. So, it prevents the spread of the infection and swelling too.
Peppermint On How To Drain An Abscess Tooth At Home
- Few drops of peppermint oil.
- Peppermint leaves.
Tooth Abscess Home Treatment With Peppermint Essential Oil For Tooth Abscess
- Put a few drops of peppermint oil on the infected area and rub it gently for a few minutes.
- The alternative method is to extract the juice from peppermint leaves and applying the juice on your tooth.
- Choose any of the above processes and try it to relieve abscess tooth.
[Read more: Get rid of pimples at home]
Home Remedies For An Abscess Tooth Infection With Clove Oil
Clove oil is one of the effective home remedies for abscess tooth. It possesses the nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and manganese which are helpful in relieving pain due to abscess tooth. They also help in reducing the inflammation and also to prevent the spread of infection. Along with the nutrients, the clove oil is also a pack of antiseptic, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antioxidants, and analgesic properties.
Tooth Abscess Treatment With Clove Oil
- Clove oil.
Clove Natural Cure For Tooth Abscess
- Massage the clove oil on your gums and do not pressurize the gums near the infection.
- Or you can also chew some cloves and cheek for 30 minutes.
- Another method is to mix hydrogen peroxide, clove oil and spread the mixture on the infection using a cotton ball.
Abscess Tooth Home Remedy With Olive Oil And Clove Oil
- Clove oil - 2 to 3 drops.
- Olive oil - 1/4 tsp.
Abscess Tooth Home Remedy With Essential Oil For Tooth Abscess
- Mix olive oil and clove oil together.
- Apply this solution to the infection using a cotton ball.
- Rest it for some time. Remember not to sleep with the oils in your mouth.
- So, do this process 2 to 3 hours before you sleep.
Alternate Tooth Abscess Home Remedy With Cloves & Essential Oils
- Cloves - 2 to 3.
- Sesame oil or mustard oil or coconut oil - 1 tsp.
Essential Oils On How To Drain A Tooth Abscess At Home
- Crush the cloves and fry them. Mix it with any of the oils and make a paste.
- Spread the mixture on the abscessed tooth and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with water.
- Replay the process daily.
Garlic Home Remedy For Tooth Abscess
Let us take the advantage of home remedy for abscess tooth with garlic. The presence of allicin which is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory source helps as a natural anesthetic property to soothe your pain and heal abscess tooth as soon as possible. Thus, we highly contribute ginger as the effective home remedies for abscess tooth with swollen face.
Natural Ayurvedic Abscess Tooth Home Remedies - Garlic
- Garlic - 2/3 cloves
- Water - 1 cup
Garlic On How To Cure An Abscess Tooth
- Crush garlic cloves to paste and add them to a cup of warm water.
- Blend the solution well and gargle the solution.
- Prefer to use the technique in the morning with empty stomach.
How To Treat An Abscess Tooth At Home Alternately With Garlic
- Take a smashed garlic clove and keep on the affected tooth for a couple of minutes and rinse with tepid water for instant abscess tooth pain relief.
How To Take Care Of An Infected Tooth?
- Have half a glass of the wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach to give relief to the infected tooth.
- And consume the healthy veggies and fruits like tomatoes, onions, omega- 3 fatty acids, etc. as they prevent the abscess. Avoid sugars and chewing gums until your infection disappears.
- Brush your teeth twice daily and keep washing your mouth with water frequently or after eating something.
- Keep changing your toothbrush once for every three months.
- Make use of the antimicrobial mouthwash.
- To minimize the risk of abscess or infection again, use the toothpaste with fluoride.
- Avoid drinking coffee or caffeine when you're feeling pain with the abscessed tooth. Use a cold compress technique to relieve pain instantly.
- Foremost thing is, you should stop smoking and alcohol to get better results with the home remedies for abscess tooth.
- Do not delay the abscessed tooth treatment as the infection may spread to parts of body and brain too. So, immediately consult a doctor to stop the infection and have frequent dental checkups.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of home remedies, then the pain relievers. Like acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin IB) according to the dosage suggested by your doctor.
So, these are some of the home remedies for abscess tooth and tips for the regular care of tooth. Opt any of them and get relief from the abscess.
Every Tooth in a Man's Head is More Valuable Than a Diamond