- 1 How to Cure Dry Socket without Medical Treatment? DIY Home Remedies for Dry Socket
- 1.1 Cold Compress for the Treatment of Dry Socket
- 1.2 Heal a Dry Socket After Wisdom Tooth Extraction with Saline Water Rinse
- 1.3 How to Get Rid of Dry Socket Pictures with Clove Oil?
- 1.4 Black Tea Bags for Dry Socket Treatment at Home
- 1.5 How to Take Care of a Pulled Tooth Socket with Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 1.6 Easiest Home Remedies for Tooth Extraction Pain – Garlic
Dry Socket Treatment: The most painful dental condition that most adults face after the extraction of a wisdom tooth is called Dry Socket. Another name for Dry Socket is Alveolar Osteitis. Usually, a blood clot form after the removal of a tooth from the gum. This blood clot acts as a protective layer for jawbone.
You came to know about dry socket problem when the blood clot is lost or dissolved due to any reason and get a sharp pain if jawbone exposed to food fluids, air. What causes dry socket? The common causes of dry socket include bacterial infections, chemical factors like tobacco, nicotine, contamination, soreness, aggressive rinsing. Dry Socket usually occurs after two to four days of tooth removal.
The symptoms of dry socket include bad breath, throbbing pain at the place of extracted tooth, foul taste in the mouth. Also, the visible bone is sensitive to touch, swollen lymph nodes, swelling of the soft tissues that surrounds dry socket, mild fever are also some signs of dry socket.
In worst cases, the toothache may spread to other parts of the face such as ears, head, eyes on the same side. You can ease the pain of dry socket by using some home remedies and doctor’s instructions. Let’s have a look at the below dry socket home remedies.
How to Cure Dry Socket without Medical Treatment? DIY Home Remedies for Dry Socket
Cold Compress for the Treatment of Dry Socket
What to do for Dry Socket Cure? The Cold compress is the best method for healing dry socket throbbing pain. It’s cold temperature creates numbness on the nerves and hence reduces the Paining sensation.
Avoid Dry Socket Pain with cold compress
- Place few ice cubes in an ice bag.
- Now, put this ice bag directly on your face where you have pain.
- Hold for 15 minutes and then remove it off.
- If ice cubes are not available to you, wet a towel in cold water and remove the excess water.
- Hold this damp towel on the face.
- Repeat this dry socket treatment for 2 or 3 times in a day for first 2 days.
Heal a Dry Socket After Wisdom Tooth Extraction with Saline Water Rinse
Saline Water Rinse is the best one in Tooth Extraction Pain Relief Home Remedies. The slight heat of the water helps to ease pain and reduces swelling. While the salt kills bacteria that cause Dry Socket Infection. Hence, rinse your mouth with lukewarm saline water after one of wisdom tooth extraction.
Treat Dry Socket Quickly Using Saline Water
- For treating dry socket, add 1/2 tsp of table salt to a glass of slightly warm water.
- Stir well with a spoon until the salt dissolves in the water.
- Now, rinse your mouth with saline water gently for 2 times in a day.
- Repeat this method for curing dry socket infection permanently.
How to Get Rid of Dry Socket Pictures with Clove Oil?
The most recommended home remedy for a dry socket by dentists is Clove oil or Eugenol Oil. It contains the anesthetic and analgesic properties which can soothe the throbbing pain. Also, it prevents dry socket from spreading to other parts of the face.
How to Fix Dry Socket using Clove Oil?
- Soak a cotton ball in the clove oil.
- Put this ball on the wisdom tooth extraction area for 2 minutes.
- Then, remove it and rinse your mouth with fresh water.
- Apply this oil for few times in a day for at least 2 days.
- Alternatively, you can also dilute clove oil with water if you doesn’t tolerate the sting of oil.
- Continue this dry socket treatment daily to get fast results.
Black Tea Bags for Dry Socket Treatment at Home
The cheap and best ingredient for treating Dry Socket is black tea bags. The tannic acid present in black tea acts as a natural antibiotic. Hence, it treats infected tooth socket and also reduces pain, swelling of the gums. You can place a cold tea bag on the dry socket to ease the discomfort. So, use black tea bags to cure Dry Socket instantly.
Management of Dry Socket using Black Tea Bags
- For curing dry socket pain, Dip one tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes and then remove the bag.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from a tea bag and place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Now, put this cold tea bag over your dry socket.
- Slowly bite the tea bag and wait for 10 minutes.
- Continue this method until your dry socket cures completely.
How to Take Care of a Pulled Tooth Socket with Apple Cider Vinegar?
To avoid Dry Socket after wisdom teeth extraction, apple cider vinegar is an effective solution. It keeps the pH value of the mouth at a healthy level by eliminating bacteria and reducing the risk of an infection. The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar help to reduce pain, swelling and also the discomfort with dry socket problem. Therefore, use apple cider vinegar to heal dry socket naturally permanently.
Get Rid of Dry Socket Photos using Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take equal parts of ACV and water in a glass and mix them well.
- By using this mixture, rinse your mouth for several times in a day.
- Repeating this dry socket natural remedy can cure dry socket completely.
Easiest Home Remedies for Tooth Extraction Pain – Garlic
Another popular herbal remedy for curing dry socket is garlic. The medicinal properties of garlic can treat dry socket infection from spreading to other parts of the face. Also, it’s natural anti-inflammatory, and antibiotic nature reduces the risk of bacterial infection and avoids pain, swelling of the tooth gums. So, use garlic for getting rid of dry socket.
How to Prevent Dry Socket Infection using Garlic?
- Take one fresh garlic clove and put it in your mouth.
- Crush it with your teeth and allow the juice to spread over the gum having dry socket.
- Rest for 5 minutes and then spit out the garlic clove.
- After, wash your mouth with water.
- Repeat this dry socket treatment for 2 or 3 times in a day for a couple of days to get rid of dry socket pain.
So, these are the popular and effective home remedies for dry socket treatment. Use them regularly for complete cure of dry socket infection and pain. If not treated, contact the doctor.