- 1 Homemade Dry Skin Care Tips
- 1.1 Does Olive oil help Dry Skin on Face?
- 1.2 Milk on Dry Skin
- 1.3 Avocado Benefits for Dry Skin
- 1.4 Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 1.5 Is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Skin?
Feeling irritated with the itchy dry skin? It’s just a simple remedy to moisturize your skin to reduce dry skin. But what are those ingredients that moisturize or cares your thirsty skin? There is no need to go into a store and invest much money to get moisturizers. Just enter your kitchen and grab some of the following dry skin care remedies. They are the cheapest and efficient treatments for dry skin. Go, have a look.
Homemade Dry Skin Care Tips
The main cause of dry skin is a lack of moisture in the body. Some other reasons include weather conditions, use of harsh soaps, long time exposure to heat, etc. So, avoid these dry skin causes and use the dry skin home remedies.
[Read more: Home remedies for glowing skin]
We don’t believe in cheap methods always and run for the costliest treatments. Isn’t it? But do you know that the more inexpensive home remedies are the best forever? Because they have a very vast ancient history in skin care, beauty, and what not. So, start believing in the natural tips and use the following remedies for dry skin.
Does Olive oil help Dry Skin on Face?
If you enquire any of your elderly family member for a dry skin care tip, olive oil will be their first answer. Because it is a rich source of vitamin E which protects your skin from the environmental factors. It is very light in texture and acts as a natural moisturizer for all kinds of skins. Using the olive oil regularly can help you in acquiring the anti-aging properties for the skin. Olive oil also helps in improving the skin health, removing makeup, scrubbing the lips, etc. So, olive oil is the best home remedy for dry skin.
[Read more: Grow your hair naturally]
How to use olive oil for dry skin?
- Apply some olive oil on your legs, hands, and the skin with dehydration and have a massage half an hour before a shower.
- Take a shower and then use your regular moisturizer.
- This is an olive oil routine that helps you in maintaining a long time moisture on your skin.
Another method of using olive oil as a homemade scrub is,
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps.
- Brown Sugar – 4 tbsps.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
The step by step procedure of using olive oil as a dry skin care routine is the following.
- Mix all the ingredients and make it a skin scrub.
- Apply this scrub on the droughty skin areas and just rub it for a while in circular motions.
- Then take a shower and use your regular light moisturizer.
Milk on Dry Skin
Here is one of the best dry skin tips from your kitchen. You can also add milk to your daily skin care. Because milk is not only good for bones, it is also beneficial for the health of your skin. It’s anti-inflammatory and soothing properties helps in preventing the itchiness and dryness of the skin. It also acts as a natural exfoliator due to the presence of lactic acid. Lightening the skin complexion is also possible with milk. Finally, you might be thinking of how to use milk to get rid of dry skin. Right? Scroll down and know how to use it.
[Also read How to stop hair fall?]
Homemade cleansing milk for dry skin
- Dip a cotton cloth in milk and spread it all over your hard skin.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then take out the cloth and wash off your skin with lukewarm water.
- Try this method of moisturizing the skin with Milk in the alternative days.
Another method of using milk as one of the dry face remedies is the following.
- Milk – 4 tbsps.
- Rose water – few drops.
Just mix both the ingredients and apply this solution on the waterless areas. Rub it with your fingers in circular motions. After a time gap of 10 to 15 minutes wash with cold water. Repeat these dry skin care steps two times a day.
Avocado Benefits for Dry Skin
The avocado fruit is a pack of many vitamins, fatty acids, antioxidants. You get them not only by eating them but also by using them outside the skin. The nutrients of avocado help in improving the skin health from the inside. Avocado acts as one of the dry skin remedies by moisturizing the parched skin. Thereby it provides a smooth, silky skin. It also reduces wrinkles, cleanses the skin, etc. So, try this avocado dry face remedy regularly and get a healthy skin.
Avocado Face Mask Recipe for Dry Skin
- Get the pulp from an avocado and spread this pulp all over the parched skin.
- Let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Do this procedure daily to get rid of dry skin.
The other method of using avocado to reduce dryness in your face is the following.
The ingredients that your require are,
- Avocado – 1/2
- Honey – 1/2 cup
The recipe of the avocado mask for dry skin care is the following.
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply this mixture on the dry skin.
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with water.
- Try this hydrating face mask 1 to 2 times a week but not more than that.
Apart from these recipes, you can also have a glass of avocado smoothie every day. This helps you to get all the nutrients of avocado, and the body will get enough moisture too.
Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
Honey is one of the best homemade dry skin care tips. It is rich in antioxidants, antimicrobial, and humectant properties. They help in protecting the skin from UV rays. It acts as a natural skin moisturizer and finally gives a soft and smooth skin. All the assets of honey make it useful in improving the skin health. So, try to include honey in your diet and use it as a dry skin treatment to get the miraculous results.
How to use honey for dry skin?
- Apply honey all over your dry skin areas and have a massage for at least 3 minutes.
- Rest for 5 to 10 minutes
- Then go for a shower or a bath.
- Repeat this honey moisturizing treatment daily
The alternative dry skin care with honey for skin is the following.
- Unprocessed honey.
- Olive oil.
Here is the step by step process of preparing the honey mask for dry skin.
- Make the beeswax into the liquid form by heating it under low flame.
- Take out the wax from the flame and mix all the remaining ingredients together.
- Spread this solution on the skin with dryness and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Go for a shower after it dries.
- Repeat the process daily or in the alternative days.
Is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Skin?
Coconut oil is one of the homemade beauty tips for dry skin. Most of us have a misconception that coconut oil stimulates the hair growth. But coconut oil is an effective home ingredient that maintains the skin health. It blocks the skin moisture and thereby repairs skin. The fatty acids present in coconut oil are responsible for locking the moisture of the skin. So, add coconut oil to your dry skin care regime and make use of its essentials.
How to use Coconut Oil for Dry Skin?
- Before going to sleep, apply coconut oil throughout the body.
- Wash your skin in the morning.
- Repeat this every day to get a soft skin.
- Or you can apply coconut oil immediately after bathing. Because the skin absorbs coconut oil when it is warm and supple.
- Make it a habit of using coconut oil every day after bathing.
These are some of the dry skin care tips that treat your dry skin on face. Try any of the home remedies for dry skin on face and enjoy a healthy soft skin with the best homemade body lotion for dry skin.
Keep Calm and Moisturize