- 1 Can the Dry Scalp Treatment at Home Help Me?
- 1.1 1. Coconut Oil for Dry Scalp Treatment
- 1.2 2. How to treat dry scalp with Honey?
- 1.3 3. Natural Remedies for Dry Scalp with Fenugreek
- 1.4 4. Neem Oil for Dry Scalp
- 1.5 5. Grape Fruit Hair Mask
- 1.6 6. Tea Tree Oil for Dry Scalp Treatment
- 1.7 7. Treatment for Dry Scalp with Avocado Pulp
- 1.8 8. Sage Leaves for Getting Rid of Dry Scalp
- 1.9 9. How to Get rid of Dry Hair with Thyme?
- 1.10 10. How to get rid of the dry scalp with Onion Juice?
Dry Scalp Treatment: One of the most bothersome problems is the dry scalp. It keeps you busy with itching, dandruff, etc. So irritating, right? You will observe an increased severity in the winter season as the cold weather make your scalp dry.
Factors like eczema, health conditions, frequent hair wash, etc. affect the regular functioning of sebaceous glands. These glands secrete oils that maintain the scalp moist and healthy. This abnormal functioning of sebaceous glands causes dry scalp.
The symptoms of dry scalp include itchiness, flaking, frizzy hair, excess hair fall, etc. So, a proper and right treatment is necessary for dry scalp to reduce the signs. Here are some dry scalp home remedies.
Can the Dry Scalp Treatment at Home Help Me?
1. Coconut Oil for Dry Scalp Treatment
The means of providing moisture to the scalp is only through oiling. Coconut oil comes into paly now. Because coconut oil is the first oil most of our elders choose to make the scalp and hair healthy. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil stimulates the blood flow to the hair follicles and scalp. It also helps in providing the essential nutrients and moisture to the scalp
- Apply the warm coconut oil on the scalp and hair until the end.
- Massage the scalp with the tip of your fingers in circular motions.
- Rest for an hour or the whole night.
- Then wash the scalp and hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the oil treatment 2 to 3 times a week.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use almond, olive, castor oils too.
[Read more: easy ways to get a glowing face]
2. How to treat dry scalp with Honey?
Honey is one of the best home remedies for dry scalp. The natural sweetening agent honey works well on your dry scalp. It provides enough moisture to the scalp and reduces the itchy sensation. The honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties which help to treat dry scalp. There are different recipes with honey for dry scalp treatment.
- Mix 2 tbsps of honey to half a cup of warm virgin olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and have a gentle massage.
- Rest for about 10 minutes.
- Wash off with a herbal shampoo or a mild shampoo.
- Then cover the scalp with a hot towel that will hold up the moisture.
- Do this process daily to get better results.
- Add 4 tbsps of olive oil, 2 tbsps of pure vegetable glycerin to 2 tbsps of honey.
- Before applying this mixture, clean off the scalp and hair with shampoo.
- Instead of mixing olive oil and glycerin, you add your regular conditioner to honey in a 2:1 ratio.
- Do this process every day.
- Add honey to the juice of a lemon.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp.
- Forgo a gentle massage with your fingers in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Then let it rest and wash off with water.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a week to reduce scalp dryness.
[Learn the natural hair fall methods]
3. Natural Remedies for Dry Scalp with Fenugreek
Here is another dry scalp treatment with fenugreek. Fenugreek helps not only to treat hair growth but also the dry scalp. It provides a shine to the hair and also enough moisture to the scalp. Here are the dry scalp remedies with fenugreek.
- Add equal amounts of fenugreek powder and honey.
- Apply this paste on the dry scalp and massage for nearly 15 minutes.
- Rest for half an hour and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Replay this dry scalp remedy regularly.
- Blend 2 gooseberries and a tbsp of fenugreek seeds to a coarse mixture.
- Now mix 1 tbsp of honey to the mixture and make a paste out of them.
- Spread this mixture on the scalp and rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lots of water and a mild shampoo.
[Read more: instant dehydration treatment]
4. Neem Oil for Dry Scalp
The natural medicine for all human diseases is the neem leaf. It has the natural antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal properties. They help in relieving the itchiness due to dryness and also infections on the scalp. Here are the tips for dry scalp treatment with neem leaves.
- Boil 1 cup of neem leaves in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes in simmer.
- Now, take it out of the stove and let it cool.
- Take out the neem leaves and grind them to a paste.
- Spread this paste of neem leaves on the scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with lots of water and a mild shampoo.
- Do this same procedure twice a week.
- Mix 6 to 8 drops of neem oil with 1 to 2 tbsps of your regular oil like coconut oil, almond oil, etc.
- Apply this emulsion on the scalp and have a gentle massage.
- Rest for about 20 to 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Do this process every day to treat dry scalp.
[Read more: how to reduce dark circles under eyes?]
5. Grape Fruit Hair Mask
When you take a grapefruit orally, is good for your body health. Similarly, when you apply grapefruit externally, is good for scalp too. It promotes hair growth, cleanses the scalp, helps to get rid of dandruff, acts as a hair detangler, etc. As you have this many benefits of grapefruit for hair, use it regularly to get rid of dry scalp.
- Warm up a cup of coconut oil for a minute and let it cool.
- Mix the fresh juices of a lemon and a grapefruit.
- Now add 2 tbsps of warm coconut oil to this juice mixture.
- Apply this solution on the scalp and have a gentle massage.
- Then cover the head with a hot towel and rest for nearly 15 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Do this procedure in the alternative days.
[Also read sweaty hands treatment]
6. Tea Tree Oil for Dry Scalp Treatment
One more dry scalp treatment with tea tree oil is here. It contains the natural anti-fungal properties which prevent the dryness and flakes due to bacteria and also provides an infection free scalp. Adding the tea tree oil to your shampoo or the conditioner, it soothes the scalp. That is the reason, why most of the dermatologists and beauticians suggest choosing a shampoo with tea tree oil as the ingredient.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the regular shampoo or the conditioner you use.
- Use them to wash your hair and scalp.
- Do this process whenever you make a hair wash.
- Add 5 to 10 drops of tea tree oil to water.
- Use this tea tree oil solution to wash the hair after shampooing.
- Do this process every time you wash your hair.
[Read more: How to remove sun tan?]
7. Treatment for Dry Scalp with Avocado Pulp
This fruit is an amazing one in treating dry skin, dry scalp, etc. as it provides enough moisture naturally. Thereby prevents the hair from getting dried and brittles. You should use this avocado dry scalp treatment for days longer to get the best results. Becuase it completely cleanses the scalp from dead cells and nourishes the scalp. So, use this remedy at least one week.
- Get the paste of an avocado and apply it on the scalp.
- Let it dry for an hour and let the scalp absorb all the vital nutrients and moisture from it.
- Then wash it off with water.
- Add 2 tbsps of olive oil, 1 tbsp of honey to the avocado pulp.
- Spread this mixture on the hair and scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with lots of water and a mild shampoo.
8. Sage Leaves for Getting Rid of Dry Scalp
Using herbs is the best way to get rid of dry scalp. Sage is one of those herbs that treats dry scalp and also benefits the hair. It stimulates the hair growth, darkens the hair, provides shine to the hair, and also treats hair loss. So, look at the procedure of using sage leaves as a dry scalp treatment.
- Crush a handful of sage leaves.
- Boil them in a cup of water.
- Let them cool down and apply this solution on the scalp.
- You can apply it after you complete a shower to get rid of dryness and cleanse off the dead skin cells.
9. How to Get rid of Dry Hair with Thyme?
Another herb that can be used as a dry scalp treatment is the thyme. It acts as a natural cleanser and reduces the itchiness, flakiness of the scalp. So, make a note of the procedure of using thyme leaves for dry scalp.
- Soak 2 Tbsps of dry thyme leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Boil this mixture for a few seconds and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Now, apply this solution on the scalp and have a gentle massage.
- Rest for nearly 15 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Do this process twice a week.
- You can also use half a cup of rosemary leaves instead of thyme.
10. How to get rid of the dry scalp with Onion Juice?
The antibacterial, antifungal properties of onion make it one of the best treatments for the dry and itchy scalp. You will get enough amount of vitamins, potassium, germanium, magnesium, and sulfur that stimulates the blood flow. So, make use of the onion to get rid of dry scalp faster and have a healthy scalp and hair.
- Extract the juice out of 1 to 2 onions.
- Now add 1 to 2 tbsps of olive oil to 3 tbsps of onion juice.
- Spread this mixture on the scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with lots of water.
- Follow this home remedy for dry scalp twice a week.
So, these are some of the remedies for dry scalp treatment. Opt the best that suits your skin and make use of it regularly to experience the amazing results. If there is any discomfort with the remedies, then go for a doctor’s consultation.