- 1 Natural Treatment for Dark Knees and Elbows – How to Whiten Knees Faster?
- 2 Simple Tips to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows – Dark Knees Treatment at Home
Dark Knees and Elbows: Are you a fashion lover? But feeling shy to wear your fantasy sleeveless tops and shorts because of dark elbows and knees? Someone with an even skin tone looks more pretty than the one with an uneven tone. Isn’t it true? So, wait for nothing, just get down the page and note down the easy home remedies for the darker skin on legs & hands.
The skin on the knees and elbows contain no oil glands. This is the main reason why the elbows get dry and darker eventually. The other causes of dark knees and elbows include pressure, sun exposure, friction, improper skin care, etc. So, to lighten dark elbows and knees, you need not spend much money on the commercial treatments. Just you need some natural tips to get rid of dark elbows.
Natural Treatment for Dark Knees and Elbows –
How to Whiten Knees Faster?
How to Lighten Dark Knees with Lemon?
Here is the first and foremost remedy to lighten dark knees and elbows. It is a natural bleaching agent, so it can be used to exfoliate and treat dark elbows and knees. It is also rich in vitamin C which removes the dead cells and regenerates the new skin cells. Lemon can also be used for removing the dark neck.
Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees within a Week
- Add a tbsp of honey to the juice of a lemon.
- Apply this mixture on the dark patches on the elbows.
- Let it rest for about 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process every day for a week and gradually reduce the dosage to remove blackness from knees.
Lemon Treatment for Dark Elbows and Knees
- Combine equal amounts of lemon juice and gram flour.
- Mix the both ingredients thoroughly into a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the dark skin of elbows and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process regularly to whiten dark elbows and knees instantly.
[Read more: Best Home remedies for glowing skin]
How to Whiten Knees Using Lemon?
- Prepare an exfoliating scrub with equal amounts of lemon juice and sugar.
- Apply the scrub on the dark skin and rub gently for a few minutes.
- Wash off the skin with a mild soap and water.
- Try this remedy once in a week to get rid of black knees and elbows.
Make Your Knees Lighter Overnight with Oil Massage
One of the most effective ways to get rid of dark knees and elbows is the oil massage. It is the oldest and best method for maintaining an extreme skin health and also to lighten dark skin. For massaging, you can use the natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, sesame oil, mustard oil, etc.
[Read more: How to get rid of oily skin?]
How to Get rid of Dark Elbows with Mustard Oil?
This is one of the natural and essential oils for dark elbows treatment. It contains the acids likes linoleic, erucic, and oleic that helps in moisturizing and brightening the knee and elbow skin.
- Massage enough amount of mustard oil on the knees and elbows for nearly 15 minutes.
- Let it rest for an hour or two and then wash off using warm water and a mild soap.
- Repeat the process regularly to get fair knees and elbows.
- You can also use vitamin E oil to massage over the dark patches.
Coconut Oil – Best Way to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows
The natural coconut oil is a pack of fatty acids and minerals. It helps to nourish the skin and also exfoliates and treats the darker skin. So, learn how to use this darkness removal oil.
- Mix the coarsely grounded walnut powder of 3 to 5 nuts in a tbsp of coconut oil.
- Massage this rough paste on the dark knees and elbows for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat the process regularly to whiten knees and elbows.
[Read more: How to use coconut oil for dry skin?]
How to Remove Darkness from Knees & Elbows? – Olive Oil
Like the other oils, olive oil helps to brighten dark patches naturally with its exfoliating, moisturizing properties.
- Combine equal amounts of olive oil and sugar.
- Gently scrub the mixture on the dark skin until sugar dissolves. for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with water and a mild soap.
- Repeat the process every day until you get rid of dark spots. Then repeat this weekly to get a lighter skin tone.
Remove Knee and Elbow Darkness Naturally with Gram Flour
Also known as chickpea flour, gram flour is very effective in providing an even skin tone. It possesses minerals, proteins, and some essential vitamins. They help to remove dead cells, facial hair, blemishes and to exfoliate the dark skin. Here is the process of using gram flour to reduce dark knees and elbows.
Gram Flour Dark Knees and Elbows Cream
- Add enough yogurt to 2 tbsps of gram flour to make a paste.
- Apply this dark knees cream on the knees and elbows and massage for a few minutes.
- Let it dry for about 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process regularly to clean dark knees.
- If your’s is a dry skin, then use fresh cream instead of yogurt and if it is an oily skin, use milk.
Bleaching Cream for Dark Knees
- Boil enough amount of high-fat milk till it gets thick.
- Now add half a tsp of turmeric and half a cup of gram flour to make a paste.
- Massage the knee and elbow lightening cream on your dark knees and elbows in circular motions.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
- Repeat the process to get rid of dark knees.
Mint & Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Dark Patches on Knees
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of mint make it helpful in dark knees and elbows lightening. It also synthesizes the white blood cells and collagen which is helpful to maintain skin elasticity. A regular usage of mint leaves helps in clearing the scars and rejuvenates the skin cells.
Elbow and Knee Whitening Home Remedy with Mint
- Boil half a cup of water and add a handful of mint leaves.
- Leave it to boil for some more minutes and then squeeze half a lemon into the boiling mixture.
- Remove the flame and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Apply the solution on the knees and elbows using a cotton ball.
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the process regularly to get your dark elbows and knees lighter.
Simple Tips to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows –
Dark Knees Treatment at Home
Along with these remedies for dark knees and elbows, you can also use cucumber slices to bleach elbows and some natural elbow and knee whitening products. Some other tips for reducing dark elbows are the following.
- A regular moisturizing the elbows and knees after the shower helps you a lot.
- Keep exfoliating the dark skin with a pumice stone, loofah or a brush to remove dead cells.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate the body and maintain a goof skin health.
- Try to avoid leaning on your knees and elbows as it encourages skin darkening.
- Cover the elbows and knees to retain skin moisture and also to prevent friction.
Before using any of the remedies for dark knees and elbows, make a self-check for irritation. If you experience any side effects with the above dark elbows and knees home remedies, consult a dermatologist to get a better treatment for dark elbows.