- 1 Is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Skin?
- 2 How to Use Coconut Oil for Dry Skin? Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- 2.1 Get Rid of Dry Skin with Coconut Oil Moisturizer
- 2.2 Good Sunscreen Lotion for Dry Skin with Coconut Oil & Glycerin
- 2.3 Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin Cure - Coconut Oil & Honey Pack
- 2.4 Retain the Lost Moisture with Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera
- 2.5 Massage with Olive Oil & Coconut Oil for Dry Skin Removal
Coconut Oil for Dry Skin Treatment: Are you irritated with your itchy dry skin? Getting rid of dry skin is not an easy task because it can cause flaking, itching. So, proper skin care and hygiene are necessary for dry skin care.
Do you know why our skin becomes dry? Generally, the sebaceous glands form a protective layer to prevent moisture loss. But hot showers, harsh soaps, dehydration, chilling weather can remove the moisture from our skin and leaves the skin dry. If you didn't treat dry skin, it can lead to flakes, cracks, rashes, and other bacterial infections.
Usually, without knowing the cause, we depend on several dry skin care products, creams, and lotions to avoid skin dryness. But the harsh chemicals present in those products can damage your skin and cause more dryness. So, instead of using those dry skin moisturizing creams, use handy coconut oil for dry skin healing. Here are the different methods of using coconut oil for dry skin treatment. Just look at them and use any one from those remedies.
Is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Skin?
From ancient times, our grandparents use coconut oil to apply on the skin before taking a bath to cure skin damages. There are many uses of coconut oil for dry skin care. Look at these points to know how does coconut oil help dry skin.
- Coconut oil is packed with healthy fats that moisturize our skin from deeper layers and acts as a protective layer on the skin surface. Hence, it prevents the loss of moisture due to harmful sunlight and helps to get rid of dry skin.
- Due to its low molecular weight, coconut oil can penetrate deeply into the skin and moisturizes it. Thereby, it treats severe dry skin also.
- We know the main reason for dry skin is sun exposure. Coconut oil soothes the damaged skin and the dryness caused due to a sun exposure. Also, it prevents the formation of wrinkles.
What kind of coconut oil is best for dry skin care? Organic and unrefined coconut oil is the best choice for treating dry skin because it contains all the essential polyphenols and phytonutrients. Hence, prefer coconut oil named with raw, extra virgin, organic.
Having all these benefits, coconut oil is the best solution for dry skin treatment. Here are the effective methods of using coconut oil for dry skin on face. Choose any one of them and use it regularly to get rid of extremely dry skin fastly.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Dry Skin? Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Get Rid of Dry Skin with Coconut Oil Moisturizer
We don't know what chemicals and ingredients present in commercial Dry Skin Lotions and whether they are good or bad. Instead of taking a risk, use the handy coconut oil skin moisturizer which is chemical free and effective in treating dry skin. Let us know how to use coconut oil lotion for dry flaky skin cure.
Severe Dry Skin Treatment with 100% Pure Coconut Oil
- Pour 2 to 3 tbsps of edible coconut oil into a bowl and slightly heat under low flame.
- Apply sufficient amount of natural coconut oil on your face and neck.
- Massage gently for few minutes and then rest for 15 minutes.
- Then, rub away the oil from your face with a wet cotton towel.
- Repeat using this best body moisturizer for dry skin cure for once in 2 days.
Good Sunscreen Lotion for Dry Skin with Coconut Oil & Glycerin
How to get rid of dry skin on your body? Glycerin is also one in the home remedies for dry skin and also best toner for dry skin. The humectant properties in it help to keep skin moisturized. Also, glycerin forms a protective layer on the skin surface and stops moisture loss due to harmful sun rays. Hence, use coconut oil and glycerin to treat dry skin on face naturally.
How to Take Care of Dry Skin Naturally?
- In a small container, add 1 tbsp each of water and glycerin.
- Then, include 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil to it and close with a cap.
- Take a little amount of this dry skin lotion on your palms and apply over your face.
- Massage gently on your skin for 5 to 8 minutes and left it for 15 minutes.
- After, wash your face with water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat this severe dry skin treatment for once in 2 days to reduce skin dryness.
[Also know how to whiten skin naturally at home]
Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin Cure - Coconut Oil & Honey Pack
How to remove dry skin naturally? Honey is the best humectant that absorbs moisture from the environment and traps it on your skin. Besides, the nutrients and enzymes present in honey rejuvenate dry skin and removes damaged skin cells. Hence, use coconut oil and honey mixture as a dry skin cream.
Best Facial Cleanser For Dry Sensitive Skin
- Add 2 tbsps of extra virgin coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Then, include one tablespoon of raw honey to it and stir well with a spoon.
- Spread this mixture on your face thoroughly and wait for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash off dry skin face scrub with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Continue to use this dry skin remover for 3 or 4 times in a week to prevent skin dryness.
Retain the Lost Moisture with Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera
In the list of natural remedies for dry skin, aloe vera gel is also one. Pure aloe vera gel is a good dry skin moisturizer. Hence it rejuvenates skin and makes it smooth and supple. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera help a dry skin by healing skin damage due to sun exposure. So, use aloe vera gel and coconut oil for dry skin around eyes, mouth, and nose.
How to Get Dry Skin Off Face?
- Whisk 2 to 3 tbsps of pure aloe vera gel with a fork.
- Then, add one tbsp of raw coconut oil to it and mix well.
- Apply a dry skin facial with this mixture and massage gently for 5 minutes.
- Leave the dry skin face pack for another 15 minutes and then remove it off with water.
- Wear this homemade facial for dry skin twice or thrice in a week until your dry skin patches removed completely.
Massage with Olive Oil & Coconut Oil for Dry Skin Removal
Not only for the face, but you can also use coconut oil for body moisturizing. For the quick cure of dry skin, coconut oil and olive oil combination work fastly. The healthy fats in olive oil moisturize your really bad dry skin. The vitamin E content in olive oil can protect your skin against environmental damage. Also, it rejuvenates skin and promotes healthy cell production by removing dead skin cells.
Natural Lotion To Remove Dark Patches on Baby Dry Skin
- For the treatment of dry skin, mix 1 tbsp of olive oil and raw coconut oil.
- Apply this homemade dry skin lotion on your face and body.
- Massage gently for 5 minutes and then rest for 20 minutes.
- Take a shower and repeat this dry skin natural remedy for 2 to 3 times in a week.
So, these are the natural ways of using coconut oil for dry skin removal. Pick any one of these methods and use regularly to get smooth skin free from itchy dry patches. Along with these home remedies, apply oil containing cream or lotion daily after taking a shower. Soon, you will get dry skin off a face.