- 1 Why is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Chapped Lips? – Benefits of Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips Healing
- 2 Natural Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips Treatment
- 2.1 Fastest Home Remedies for Chapped Lips with Coconut Oil
- 2.2 DIY Lip Blam with Coconut Oil to Remove Dryness of Lips
- 2.3 Incredible Treatment for Chapped Lips for Newborns – Coconut Oil
- 2.4 DIY Lip Scrub for Extreme Chapped Lips with Coconut Oil
- 2.5 Beauty Tips for Chapped Lips in Winter
Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips: Do your think your lips get dry only during winters? No, it’s not true! The hidden fact is that unless you care for your lips, they stop drying and cracking during any of the seasons. Because there are no oil glands in the skin of lips to moisturize them. Some of the causes for chapped lips like dehydration, smoking, bad lip behavior, vitamin deficiency, harsh weather, licking the lips that make them dry.
So, with these reasons for chapped lips in your routine, it is tough to have softly moisturized lips throughout the year. When there is no care for them, then you will experience the severe effects like blisters, bleeding of the lips.
Hence you need to treat chapped lips as a daily routine with the best lip care products. A very simple kitchen ingredient that treats chapped lips is the coconut oil. But do you know why you should use coconut oil for treating chapped lips? Here are the reasons.
[Read more: How to get instant fairness?]
Why is Coconut Oil Good for Dry Chapped Lips? – Benefits of Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips Healing
- The organic coconut oil contains the minerals that moisturize and cure dryness of the lips.
- The SPF of coconut oil is three that protects the lips from the sun rays.
- It makes the lips soft and supple by locking the moisture of the skin on lips.
- The antibacterial and antifungal properties of coconut oil deal with the bacterial growth in the lip cracks.
- The vitamin E of the oil acts as an antioxidant, and the medium fatty acids reinforce the lipid layer of the skin.
- It also contains the lauric acid which prevents chapped lips further and relieves the inflammation.
So, with these benefits in mind, you can try coconut oil as a chapped lips treatment. Here are the simple ways to use coconut oil for curing chapped lips easily at home.
Natural Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips Treatment
[Read more: Skin whitening Home Remedies]
Fastest Home Remedies for Chapped Lips with Coconut Oil
You can use the coconut oil alone to treat dry, chapped lips naturally. It moisturizes and results in a soft, delicate, pink lips.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Dry Lips?
- Apply a little amount of coconut oil on the lips and gently massage them.
- Repeat applying coconut oil for several times a day to get instant relief from chapped lips.
- To replenish the lips moisture for the whole night, apply enough coconut oil on the lips before you sleep to prevent chapped lips.
[Read more: Remedies to get rid of wrinkles]
Coconut Oil with Honey to Treat Dry Lips – Amazing Chapped Lips Remedy
- Mix equal quantities of coconut oil and honey.
- Apply this honey lip balm and let it rest for the whole night.
- The next morning, wash off the lips with water and pat them dry.
- Repeat the use of this chapped lips home remedy every day to get rid of chapped lips overnight.
- You can also add sugar, peppermint oil to get a permanent cure for chapped lips.
In a similar way, you can also try aloe vera and coconut oil for chapped lips treatment at home.
DIY Lip Blam with Coconut Oil to Remove Dryness of Lips
The best cure for chapped lips is when you make your chapstick with coconut oil naturally. Here we use beeswax that protects the lips from the harsh environments. Meanwhile coconut oil and honey moisturize the skin. And the vitamin E zeros the free radical effect. Here is the process of making the best natural lip balm for dry lips.
Homemade Lip Balm for Dry Lips Cure
- Melt 1 tbsp beeswax and coconut oil using a double boiler method.
- Add a dash of honey when the mixture starts melting.
- When everything melts down, then add the contents of vitamin E capsules, a few drops of some essential oil.
- Mix well and turn off the flame. Pour this into a container and let it cool down and get into the solid state.
- Then apply this natural dry lips lip balm several times a day to relieve chapped lips or cracked lips.
- Remember to apply only a little amount as it may make the lips greasy.
[Learn the simple ways to get shiny nails]
Incredible Treatment for Chapped Lips for Newborns – Coconut Oil
Using coconut oil for chapped lips for babies is one fo the best cure. It will be very difficult for the babies to have dry, chapped lips while breastfeeding. So, to get rid of dry lips for babies, here is the process that keeps their lips soft, wet, supple.
Natural Method to Use Coconut Oil for Babies
- Dip a Q-tip in the coconut oil and gently dab it on the lips.
- Repeat using this dry lips solution several times a day to prevent chapped lips for babies.
- Do not apply much pressure when you apply the oil as it may hurt and cause pain for the baby.
[Also read the home remedies for dark knees and elbows]
DIY Lip Scrub for Extreme Chapped Lips with Coconut Oil
To remove the flakes, dead skin cells from the dry lips, you need a natural lip exfoliating scrub. Here is the best homemade lip scrub recipe with coconut oil for chapped lips.
How to Make Lip Scrub with Coconut Oil?
- Mix 1 tbsp coconut oil, honey, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and five drops of lemon juice.
- Apple this homemade lip exfoliator on the lips and gently massage in circular motions for a minute.
- Let it rest for a minute and then wash off with water.
- Repeat using this refreshing lip scrub twice a week to heal chapped lips.
- Sea salt and coconut oil lip scrub also works for exfoliating and treating chapped lips naturally.
[Read more: Natural Oily Skin Care]
Beauty Tips for Chapped Lips in Winter
- Along with the use of any of the above best remedy for chapped lips, include coconut oil in your cooking.
- Do not forget to use coconut oil for chapped lips every night you sleep to prevent dry lips overnight.
- To treat dry, chapped lips, use the the best chapstick for dry lips that are not harsh and full of chemicals.
- The main cause of chapped lips is the dehydration. So to prevent this, drink lots of water to hydrate your body and to prevent lips cracking.
- Consult a doctor if you are suffering from severely dry, swelling, or bleeding of the chapped lips.
Finally, this is what about coconut for chapped lips treatment. Hope this article is quite helpful to treat chapped lips naturally at home. And moreover, let us know the experience of using these chapped lips home remedies with coconut oil.
Don’t Let Chapped Lips Happen To You…