- 1 How Does Banana Treat Dry Skin? Benefits of Banana for Dry Skin
- 2 How to Use Banana for Dry Skin? - Home Remedies for Dry Flaky Skin
- 2.1 Banana Face Pack for Dry Skin
- 2.2 Homemade Facial Mask for Dry Skin with Oatmeal and Banana
- 2.3 Butter Face Pack with Banana to Get Rid of Dry Skin
- 2.4 Moisturizing Face Mask with Yogurt and Banana for Dry Skin
- 2.5 Natural Remedy for Dry Skin with Banana and Honey
- 2.6 DIY Banana Olive Oil Masks for Dry Skin Conditions
- 2.7 Banana and Milk Cleanser for Dry Skin
Use Banana for Dry Skin: A very common condition that every human being experience is the dry skin. However, the causes of dry skin are different like cold weather, hypothyroidism, dehydration, lack of enough moisture in the skin, etc. Both men and women are affected with dry skin. If there is no proper treatment for dry skin, it leads to cracks, eczema, rashes, and many other bacterial infections. Instead of using the chemical based moisturizers, you can use the natural remedies like the banana to treat dry skin.
How Does Banana Treat Dry Skin? Benefits of Banana for Dry Skin
The banana fruit is not only good for your health, but also for skin health. Look at the below uses of banana that treats dry skin very effectively.
- Banana contains a high level of potassium that moisturizes the damaged skin cells. It also smoothens the dry skin.
- The vitamin E of banana prevents dryness of the skin due to free radicals, UV rays, and harsh weather.
- The B-complex of banana slows down the aging of the skin, prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
Remember these banana benefits for dry skin and do not throw away the ripe bananas into the dustbin. You can make use of it in various techniques to maintain proper skin hygiene. Here are the natural ways to use a banana for the itchy dry skin on your face, hands, legs, etc.
[Read more: Home remedies for oily skin]
How to Use Banana for Dry Skin? - Home Remedies for Dry Flaky Skin
Using a ripe banana alone or with a combination of other natural ingredients helps in dry skin treatment. Below are the ways of using the banana to treat dry skin at home.
Banana Face Pack for Dry Skin
Along with the use of the banana pulp, a banana peel can also be used to cure dry skin naturally at home. It also provides a glowing skin. Here are the processes on how to use a banana for dry skin.
Ripe Banana Mask for Rough Dry Skin
- Mash a ripe banana with a fork and apply it all over the face and body.
- Rest for 15 to 20 minutes and then have a shower.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week to get rid of dry skin patches.
How to Use Banana Peel for Face Dryness?
- Cut the peel of banana into thick stripes.
- Rub the inside part of the banana peel all over the face.
- Rest for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off the face with water.
- Repeat the process for every two days.
[Read more: How to treat oily skin with tomato?]
Homemade Facial Mask for Dry Skin with Oatmeal and Banana
Oatmeal contains the humectant and emollient properties. They help to moisturize dry skin and resists the loss of moisture. So, you can use oatmeal for treating dry skin faster.
Banana Oatmeal Mask for Dry Skin Prevention
- Mix equal amounts of banana pulp and cooked oatmeal with a spoon.
- Apply this dry skin cream on the face and body.
- Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with cool water.
- Repeat the oatmeal home remedy for extremely dry skin twice a week.
[Also read the ways to get a whiter skin naturally]
Butter Face Pack with Banana to Get Rid of Dry Skin
A rich source of fatty acids which moisturize your severe dry skin is the butter. It contains the vitamin A which stimulates the production of collagen and helps to reduce dry skin and wrinkles.
How to Remove Dry Skin on Hands?
- Whisk 2 tbsps butter with a fork and mash half a ripe banana into a smooth paste.
- Mix them well with a spoon.
- Apply this dry skin face pack all over your face and body.
- Rest for 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the dry skin treatment with banana 1 to 2 times in a week.
[Get more info on instant glow face packs]
Moisturizing Face Mask with Yogurt and Banana for Dry Skin
Yogurt is a source of lactic acid that soothes dry skin. It is a pack of protein, calcium, vitamin D which nourishes your skin and moisturize the skin.
DIY Dry Skin Remover with Banana and Yogurt
- Whisk 2 tbsps plain yogurt with a spoon.
- Mash half a ripe banana with a fork.
- Mix both the banana pulp and yogurt with a spoon.
- Spread this cream for dry skin all over the face and body.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat this dry skin care 2 to 3 times in a week to get rid of the dry itchy skin.
[Read more: yogurt for skin whitening]
Natural Remedy for Dry Skin with Banana and Honey
Honey contains the enzymes and nutrients that heal and nourishes damaged skin. It is a natural humectant which retains the skin moisture for a long time. So, you can call honey as the best moisturizer for dry skin.
How to Treat Dry Skin on Face?
- Mash half a ripe banana using a fork and add one tbsp raw honey to it.
- Mix well and apply this lotion for dry skin on elbows, knees, face, hands, etc.
- Rest for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Pat the skin with a soft towel to dry.
- Repeat using this dry skin moisturizer twice or thrice a week to prevent dry patches on face.
[Also read the benefits of honey for chapped lips]
DIY Banana Olive Oil Masks for Dry Skin Conditions
Here is the best way to use a banana for dry skin. Banana and olive oil are the perfect cures for dry skin patches or dry skin flakes. Olive oil contains the healthy fats which form a protective layer on the skin. It stimulates new skin cell production and removes dead skin cells.
How to Cure Dry Skin Faster?
- Use a fork to mash half a ripe banana.
- Add 2 tbsps olive oil to the banana pulp and mix well with a spoon.
- Apply this dry skin solution all over the face and body.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat the dry skin curing process 2 to 3 times a week.
[Read more: How to treat split ends naturally?]
Banana and Milk Cleanser for Dry Skin
Milk hydrates the dry skin with its lactic acid. It is also a rich source of potassium which solves dry skin itching and flaking. The selenium of milk reduces wrinkles by protecting the skin from the sun and free radicals.
Best Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin Flakes
- Make a smooth paste of half a ripe banana by mashing it with a fork.
- Add a tbsp full-fat milk to the pulp and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture all over the face and body.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with cool water.
- Repeat the process once for every two days to get a soft skin free from dryness.
So, these are the different ways of using a banana for preventing dry skin. Make use of any of the above methods regularly to avoid skin dryness. But ensure that you do not rub or pull the dried banana from your skin. Because it gets stuck to the skin after drying. So, just massage with water to take out the pack easier.
Meanwhile, ensure that you are not using any alcohol-based toners, cleansers, astringents to reduce dry skin. Go for the natural remedies with banana for dry skin which are the safest methods.
Keep Calm and Have a Banana