- 1 How to Get Rid of Blackheads? DIY Home Remedies with Baking Soda for Blackheads
- 1.1 Baking Soda and Water to Remove Blackheads Naturally
- 1.2 DIY Blackhead Removal with Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
- 1.3 Baking Soda and Toothpaste for Blackheads Treatment
- 1.4 Baking Soda Face Scrub for Blackhead Removal
- 1.5 Baking Soda with Salt – The Best Way to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
How to Use Baking Soda for Blackheads: Blackheads are the more common problem for teenagers and adolescents. These are also called as open comedones. Usually, blackheads look like small yellow or black bumps on the face. The combination of sebum and dirt particles, dead skin cells can form a clog in the opening of hair follicles. Hence, blackheads will appear on your skin.
Some other factors that cause blackheads include hormonal changes, improper skin care, genetics, stress, over usage of cosmetic products. Generally, blackheads occur on the nose and face. Sometimes, they will also appear on the back, chest, arms, and shoulders. If they left untreated, they can lead to acne breakouts.
Even though we have many blackhead removal products and tools such as extractors, poppers, it’s better to use natural remedies for removing blackheads. One such home ingredient which has a number of benefits for health, beauty is baking soda. The mild abrasive properties of it can clean the skin and hence effective in removing blackheads. Let us know how to use baking soda for blackheads treatment.
Is Baking Soda Good for Blackheads Treatment?
There are various reasons why baking soda works for blackheads removal. To know how does baking soda remove blackheads, look at the below points.
- Baking Soda is a good exfoliating agent. It scrubs your skin and removes all dead skin cells, makes your skin soft, smooth, glowing.
- Also, it helps to unclog skin pores that contain dirt particles, oil, and dead cells. Hence, baking soda works for clearing blackheads and also prevents black spots coming again.
- The neutralizing properties of baking soda regulate your pH levels and make your skin to produce less oil.
- So, baking soda is the best blackhead remover without harsh chemicals.
[Also know How to remove dark patches on the skin]
How to Get Rid of Blackheads? DIY Home Remedies with Baking Soda for Blackheads
Baking Soda and Water to Remove Blackheads Naturally
An easy home remedy for blackheads treatment is with baking soda and water. The warm water increases the effectiveness of baking soda. So, either soak in warm water or sprinkle on the face to open up the skin pores and loosen the stickum in them. Thereby, it clears blackheads on nose, cheeks, and face. You can also use baking soda face wash for blackheads removal.
How to Make Baking Soda Face Mask for Blackheads?
- To make baking soda paste for blackheads, mix 1 tsp of baking soda and sufficient water.
- Clean your face with warm water before using this blackhead removal face scrub.
- Apply the baking soda paste on your face by focussing more on the affected areas.
- Allow it to settle on the face for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Massage gently in circular motions to remove dead skin cells, impurities, and dirt particles.
- Wipe it off with warm water.
- Sprinkle cold water to close the pores. Otherwise, the dirt particles may enter into them.
- Repeat this blackheads home remedy for one or two times in a week until your blackheads clear completely.
- You can apply diluted apple cider vinegar using a cotton ball for skin toning in order to return skin’s pH level.
[Also know how to get rid of acne with tomatoes]
DIY Blackhead Removal with Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
We know lemon is an excellent natural remedy for treating Acne due to its exfoliating properties. Hence, when mixed with baking soda, the result must be fast and soon your blackheads will be removed within few days. So, use lemon juice and baking soda for getting rid of blackheads.
How to treat blackheads with baking soda and lemon?
- Blend 2 tbsps of baking soda, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 2 tbsps of granulated brown sugar.
- Wash your face with water before wearing baking soda face mask for blackheads.
- Now, apply the paste on your face and gently massage by concentrating more on the dry patches.
- Rest for 10 to 15 minutes and then wipe it off with warm water.
- Repeating this process for once in a week can clean and clear blackheads fastly.
Note: The acids present in lemon can cleanse the excess skin and remove impurities from deeper skin layers. Also, makes your skin toned and less prone to Pimples and blackheads.
Baking Soda and Toothpaste for Blackheads Treatment
Most of the oily skin people have the same query How do I get rid of blackheads on my face? The best solution for blackheads cure is baking soda toothpaste face mask. Check out the process of using this home remedy to get rid of blackheads.
Homemade Blackhead Remover Making Process
- Soak a washcloth in warm water and wring out the excess water from it.
- Place this cloth on your blackheads for 1 minute to open up the pores.
- Mix baking soda and toothpaste each of 1 part.
- Now, include 2 parts of water to it and mix well until a fine consistency comes.
- Rub this DIY blackhead remover on the affected areas for 30 to 60 seconds using a toothbrush.
- Then, remove the paste with water.
- Do this method for once in a day until your blackhead treats completely.
Baking Soda Face Scrub for Blackhead Removal
How to extract blackheads naturally? Baking soda scrub is an effective home remedy for treating blackheads at home. In this remedy, we use essential oils such as peppermint oil, sandalwood oil, rosemary oil. When baking soda has mixed these oils, it shows an exfoliating property and removes dead skin cells, softens the skin. So, use this DIY blackhead mask to get rid of nose blackheads.
How to Clear Blackheads at home?
- Add 2 tbsps of baking soda to a jar having wide-mouth.
- Pour sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Then, include few drops of any essential oil mentioned above.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it over your face.
- Allow it to dry until a crusty layers forms on the skin.
- Then, scrub gently with wet hands in small circles.
- Repeat this blackhead treatment for 2 or 3 times in a week for permanent clearing of blackheads.
Note: You can Store the remaining mixture in a place far away from direct sunlight. You must use this mixture of baking soda for blackheads within 2 weeks only.
Baking Soda with Salt – The Best Way to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Another way of using baking soda for blackheads removal is with salt. This combination helps to dry out the oil on the skin, unclog the pores to remove dirt and other impurities.
How to get blackheads out from face?
- Take equal amounts of baking soda and salt and mix them well in a bowl.
- Soak a cloth in warm water and clean your face with it.
- Now spread the salt and baking powder on the face by avoiding the eye area.
- Massage gently for 5 to 10 minutes in circular motions.
- Then, rinse it off with cool water.
- Since the mixture can lead to drying of skin if used regularly, follow this blackhead clearing home remedy for only once in a week.
So, these are the natural ways to use baking soda for blackheads removal. Using these methods for once is not enough. You must use them regularly to get rid of blackheads permanently. But if you get any irritation with these blackhead home remedies, stop using them and contact the doctor.