- 1 Benefits of Aloe Vera for Dandruff
- 2 Effective Home Remedies with Aloe Vera for Dandruff Removal
- 2.1 Easy Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff Using Aloe Vera Gel
- 2.2 How to Get Rid of Dandruff with Fenugreek Seeds and Aloe Vera?
- 2.3 Aloe Vera Coconut Oil Hair Mask for Dandruff Cure
- 2.4 Anti-Dandruff Treatment with Aloe Vera Oil
- 2.5 How to Clear Dandruff Overnight with Aloe Vera and Camphor?
- 2.6 DIY Hair Mask with Aloe Vera for Dandruff
- 2.7 Herbal Shampoo with Neem and Aloe Vera for Preventing Dandruff
- 2.8 Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera for Dandruff Itchy Scalp
How to use aloe vera for dandruff: Irritated with the disgusting flakes on your favorite black dress? No one desires to have a white flaky scalp, itching of dandruff for sure. If you are being tortured with dandruff, then here is a happy news for you. You can kick out that guilt and wear any dark colored dress with the utmost vigor. Because here are the best solutions to treat dandruff with the household plant aloe vera. But before we delve into the top home remedies for dandruff with aloe vera, let us know the causes of dandruff.
Dry skin, oily skin, fungus (Malassezia), etc. are the dandruff causes. An excess growth of fungus leads to white and flaky look on the scalp. You can cure dandruff with natural remedies with aloe vera which is a proven remedy. Here are the reasons why you should use aloe vera to treat dandruff.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Dandruff
- Aloe Vera moisturizes and soothes the dry scalp, and thereby it removes dead skin cells.
- It contains vitamins, minerals, polysaccharides and pectin which stimulates the cell growth. Formation of new cells leads to a healthy scalp.
- Removes the bacteria from the scalp and prevents hair follicles’ clog deposits.
- The antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera reduce the inflammation, soothes itching, and kills the dandruff causing bacteria.
- It stimulates the regrowth of hair follicles, and thereby it combats hair loss.
- Aloe vera has the cleansing enzymes which removes dandruff flakes by eliminating the dead skin cells on the scalp.
With these benefits in mind, look at the list of amazing ways to cure dandruff naturally with aloe vera.
Effective Home Remedies with Aloe Vera for Dandruff Removal
Below is the list of aloe vera home remedies to treat dandruff and get a healthy scalp, dandruff free hair.
Easy Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff Using Aloe Vera Gel
- Extract the gel out of an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the dandruff solution on the scalp and hair.
- Have a gentle massage and wrap a warm, damp towel on the head.
- Rest for a few minutes and then wash with water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the aloe vera dandruff treatment thrice a week to treat dandruff naturally at home.
[Read more: How to grow hair on bald head?]
How to Get Rid of Dandruff with Fenugreek Seeds and Aloe Vera?
- Soak a tbsp fenugreek seeds in water for one night.
- The next morning grind the seeds into a paste and add 2 tbsps aloe vera gel.
- Apply this dandruff curing paste all over the scalp.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then wash off with water and shampoo.
- Repeat using the home remedy with aloe vera for dandruff two times a week to reduce dandruff naturally.
[Read more: Onion juice for hair loss]
Aloe Vera Coconut Oil Hair Mask for Dandruff Cure
- Extract the aloe vera gel and add coconut oil.
- Mix well and cook the mixture on a low flame for nearly 30 minutes.
- Remove the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Gently massage the mixture into the scalp for a few minutes.
- Rest for an hour or two and then wash the scalp with water.
- Replacing coconut oil with olive oil yields the similar results in controlling dandruff.
[Also read the home remedies for dry hair]
Anti-Dandruff Treatment with Aloe Vera Oil
- Make a paste out of a cup of aloe vera and curry leaves.
- Strain the solution and heat on a medium flame.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the quantity of aloe vera gets down to half of the initial.
- Then add coconut oil, chopped onions, black peppercorns.
- Wait till the onion turns brown and then turn off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool down and apply it on the scalp before you sleep.
- Massage the oil gently into the scalp for a few minutes for a natural dandruff control.
- Wash the scalp with lukewarm water in the morning to remove dandruff fast.
[Get the best tips to remove unwanted hair]
How to Clear Dandruff Overnight with Aloe Vera and Camphor?
Camphor helps to kill the microbes that cause scalp infection and moreover, acts as a permanent cure for dandruff.
- Mix half a tsp camphor powder and three tsp aloe vera gel.
- Apply the dandruff removal paste on the scalp and massage gently.
- Rest for an hour and then wash the scalp with water to get rid of dandruff on the scalp.
- For more benefits, leave the scalp for the whole night and wash it the next morning to prevent dandruff.
[Read more: Remedies to remove facial hair]
DIY Hair Mask with Aloe Vera for Dandruff
The home remedy for dandruff with yogurt and honey promotes a healthy scalp and finally prevents dandruff.
Best Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Combine 2 tbsps yogurt, olive oil, 1 tbsp raw honey, and 2 to 3 Tbsps fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply the organic dandruff shampoo on the scalp and massage for 15 minutes.
- Rest for 30 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the best dandruff remedy with aloe vera regularly to control dandruff.
Home Treatment for Dandruff
- Make an itchy scalp soothing paste by mixing half a cup yogurt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, four tsp aloe vera gel.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and rest for 20 minutes.
- Then wash off the scalp with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat the procedure two times a week for a month to reduce dandruff.
Herbal Shampoo with Neem and Aloe Vera for Preventing Dandruff
An excellent antibacterial and antifungal agent that treats dandruff is the neem. It removes dandruff and also lowers the fungal growth, promotes hair regrowth.
- Add 10 to 12 drops of neem oil to 2 to 3 tsp aloe vera gel.
- Apply it all over the scalp and massage gently.
- Rest for the whole night and then wash off the scalp with a mild shampoo and water in the morning.
- Repeat the process two times a week for curing dandruff completely.
[Also read benefits of aloe vera for skin whitening]
Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera for Dandruff Itchy Scalp
- Add 5 to 7 drops of tea tree oil to 2 tbsp aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and rest overnight.
- In the morning, wash off the scalp with water.
- Repeat the procedure thrice a week.
- You can also include two tsp rose water in the mixture to get a serum consistency.
So, these are some of the best herbal remedies for dandruff with aloe vera. Choose any of the above using aloe vera for dandruff regularly to get rid of the itchy dry scalp. If there is any irritation with any of the ingredients, then avoid using that dandruff remedy.