- 1 Can Acupuncture Help With Weight Loss?
- 2 How Does Acupuncture Work for Weight Loss?
- 2.1 Acupuncture Weight Loss Process
- 2.2 How Much Does Acupuncture for Weight Loss Cost?
- 2.3 Auricular Acupuncture Points for Weight Loss
- 2.4 Ear Stapling Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- 2.5 Slimming Acupuncture Treatment for Weight Loss with Laser
- 2.6 Acupuncture Magnets for Weight Loss
- 2.7 Acupuncture Balls to Lose Weight Quickly
- 2.8 Acupuncture and Cupping for Weight Loss
- 2.9 Natural Tips to Lose Weight Easily
Acupuncture for Weight Loss: Nowadays obesity has become a common problem for both children and adults due to poor nutritious diet and sedentary lifestyle. It can lead to various health problems. Many people thought gym exercises and workouts are the only solutions for weight loss. Of course, they promote weight loss, but you have to change your lifestyle habits for a healthy weight loss. It means healthy eating habits, avoiding fast foods, physical exercise, etc. Another natural way that gains popularity in weight loss techniques is Acupuncture.
Can Acupuncture Help With Weight Loss?
Acupuncture is a Chinese practice that works like magic for losing weight fast. It involves inserting thin needles into the specific points on your body for stimulating nerves and energy centers. So that you can lose weight easily. For quick weight loss, the practitioner mainly inserts needles on the thyroid, stomach, near ear, spleen, mouth, and endocrine glands. They help for regulating hormones that lead to absorption of nutrients, controlling of appetite, and boosts metabolism.
For a healthy person, the qi or life energy freely flows through the channels in the body which are called meridians. If these channels block, the person may feel sickness. Acupuncture unblocks this qi life energy in the body and restores the balance between yin and yang.
The acupuncture needles apply a little pressure on the meridian points in the body which helps to expel heat and moisture. Thereby improves the blood circulation to promote weight loss. Also, this weight loss acupuncture technique strengthens the digestive system by controlling the appetite.
We know that stress is also one reason for weight gain. Acupressure points reduce your stress and help you to lose weight quickly. Following a strict diet plan and practicing acupressure daily can decrease your weight. Here are the few acupuncture slimming methods that give fast results. So, practice them for half and hour daily and lose extra pounds.
How Does Acupuncture Work for Weight Loss?
Acupuncture treatment for weight loss is easy, effective, and safe with no side effects. This technique works gradually and the best supplement for gym exercises. Let us know in depth about acupuncture points for weight loss, and why it is so beneficial than other weight loss programs.
Stress, anxiety are the major triggers for overeating that results in weight gain. An acupuncturist inserts the needles on the parts which release endorphins in the body. Thereby, your stress will be controlled, and weight reduces gradually.
Suppress Hunger Hormones:
Our body contains two hormones for hunger namely Ghrelin and leptin. Ghrelin induces a feeling of hunger and Leptin is for fullness or satisfaction. Acupuncture manipulates these hormones to suppress the appetite and makes you satisfied.
Usually, the pituitary gland secretions in our body may increase the metabolic rate and help to stimulate the thyroid gland. The acupuncture energizes the hypothalamus and stimulates pituitary secretions to activate the thyroid gland. Thereby, it speeds up the metabolism and burns the excess stored fats in the body, and hence you can lose weight.
Acupuncture Weight Loss Process
- For weight loss, acupuncture process takes one to three sessions per week, and the results will saw after 9 weeks.
- During every session, an acupuncturist inserts thin, sterilized needles into the specific meridians on the body. This technique suppresses the appetite, reduces cholesterols and stress, improves blood circulation, and increases metabolism.
- The acupuncture needles have a thickness which is equal to human hair and are painless.
- When these needles are inserted, they remain in that place for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Needle therapy for weight loss also includes breathing exercises, massage, herbal treatments. But the results vary from one person to another.
- Different acupuncture treatments are done at various acupuncture points.
- The time frames and frequency of acupressure depends on the individual weight loss goals. To lose weight of 5 to 10 pounds, you must attend acupuncturist for every 3 days.
- So for a healthy weight loss, participate in these sessions regularly until you lose weight.
[Also know how to get rid of face fat naturally]
How Much Does Acupuncture for Weight Loss Cost?
The acupuncture cost may vary from one acupuncturist to another. Generally, the cost ranges from $60 to $120 for one session. The initial treatments cost more than the later sessions. Once the patient reaches their goal, they can see the practitioner for 3 to 4 times in a year to remain in that weight constantly.
Auricular Acupuncture Points for Weight Loss
This method is also known as ear acupuncture for weight loss. In this process, the practitioner aimed at an ear to insert needles. An Ear contains 130 acupuncture points, and they will stimulate by using small tacks, seed-sized beads or magnets. The most common acupuncture points are tranquility, shenmen, and point zero ear acupuncture point. Some other points to lose weight include a mouth, small intestine, thyroid gland, hunger points, endocrine, spleen. Whenever the person eats food in between the meals, the mild pressure is applied to these points, and then ear staples will be rubbed. Then endorphins will release and hence you feel relaxation. There are many points near the ear which help to curb appetite and promotes weight loss.
Ear Acupuncture Weight Loss Process
- An acupuncturist inserts thin needles on the specific points in the ear to stimulate them.
- In some cases, ear acupuncture also involves passing of high-frequency electric currents through these needles for extra stimulation.
- The Vaccaria plant made ear seeds are placed on the ear points for 2 weeks with an adhesive type. An Ear tacks are also tiny needles placed with adhesive backing for one week.
Ear Stapling Acupuncture for Weight Loss
Ear stapling is same as ear piercing. It is a painless method and doesn't show any side effects. These staples penetrate into the pressure points that trigger a feeling of fullness and hence controls your appetite. The ear staples must be left in that place for few weeks or months depending on how much pounds you want to lose. The cost of an ear staple ranges from $50 to $100 for each piece. Let us know the basic things to remember before getting ear staples.
- Pregnant ladies, heart patients, and persons who use medications must consult the doctor before taking ear staple treatment.
- Never try acupuncture method yourself at home. Instead, schedule the treatment with licensed acupuncturist.
- Make sure that your acupuncturist uses sterilized needles and surgical gloves or not. Otherwise, you will get an infection.
- Clean your ear staples daily as per the practitioner recommendation.
- If you feel pain with ear staples or get's infection, seek doctor's help immediately.
[Also know how to get rid of double chin at home]
Slimming Acupuncture Treatment for Weight Loss with Laser
The ancient Chinese technique with modern technology is nothing but laser acupuncture. In this method, the practitioner uses non-thermal, low-intensity radiations rather than needles for weight loss procedures. Like needle therapy for weight loss, laser treatment also focuses on endorphins to stimulate a feeling of fullness. Also, boosts metabolism to shed pounds. Laser radiations stimulate certain points in the body and brain which decreases appetite and enhance endorphins secretions. Laser acupuncture treatment takes 30 to 40 minutes, and you have to attend 2 to 5 sessions to lose weight fast.
Acupuncture Magnets for Weight Loss
Acupuncture magnets also called ear magnets placed at specific points on the ear. These points are associated with some organs that control our body functions. For example, when you place a small magnet on the Ear linked part, an endocrine system becomes active. Thereby, your metabolic rate will increase gradually which helps in losing weight fast. So, consult a well-trained practitioner or reflexology specialist for taking acupuncture weight loss ear magnets treatment.
How to Lose Weight Fast with Acupuncture Magnets?
- First, take a detailed explanation about this method. The trainer will explain you everything about how they place needles on the ear.
- They place magnets on 3 to 4 points on the ear. You have to wear them for 30 minutes to one hour every day.
- This weight loss plan takes 6 weeks to complete.
- Continue taking this treatment until you reach the weight loss goals.
- This natural weight loss method also cures other health issues like cancer, HIV, arthritis. But there is no evidence to prove it.
Acupuncture Balls to Lose Weight Quickly
Acupuncture for weight loss programs also contains acupuncture balls to stimulate weight loss. This treatment is same as like needles, magnets, and laser.
How to use Acupuncture balls for losing weight?
- These balls have 1 mm of diameter. Your acupuncturist places them on two pressure points in the ear. They are A point in Fossa of Antihelis and point B in Concha.
- If the patient feels hungry, they have to press these ball to reduce the feeling of food cravings.
- Continuing this treatment for some weeks can help you in losing weight.
- Usually, the patient can lose 6 to 9 pounds per month.
Acupuncture and Cupping for Weight Loss
Cupping is the method of placing a glass container having a partial vacuum in it on the skin. Then, our body produces suction on the underlying tissue and hence decreases weight. The combination of cupping and acupuncture works effectively for losing weight instantly. The practitioner places the needle on the meridian point and covers that area with a glass container for 20 to 30 minutes. Repeating this weight loss method can help to shed more pounds at less time.
Natural Tips to Lose Weight Easily
- Take acupuncture for weight loss treatments from only a trained and licensed practitioner.
- Before getting into the acupuncture for weight loss programs, ask your doctor if they worsen your medical conditions.
- Acupuncture works effectively for shedding pounds when you combined it with a healthy diet and physical exercise.
- Never try this needle therapy at home because it may cause bleeding, swelling, pain, weakness, drowsiness. Sometimes it can also result in an infection, kidney and nerve damage, lung-puncturing.
- Particularly pregnant women must be careful because incorrect needle placement will lead to premature labor.
- During treatments, intake only bitter and sour foods and avoid salty, sweet foods for best results.
- Also, take herbs such as Shan Zha, Ban Xia, Shen Qu in tea form for quick consumption.
- Along with ear acupuncture, the practitioners also insert needles on various parts of the body such as stomach, kidney, ovary, thyroid, lungs, spleen.
- You can also use acupressure methods to lose weight. They involve massaging the body at various acupressure points to stimulate endorphins for boosting metabolism.
- Include carbohydrates, lean proteins, carbohydrates in your meals. Instead of 2 to 3 large meals, eat 5 or 6 small meals in a day for speeding up the metabolism process and to control weight gain.
- Ask your practitioner to combine acupuncture and abdominal massage to improve digestion and absorption of required nutrients in the food.
- World Health Organisation(WHO) accepted the acupuncture for weight loss.
- Acupuncture for weight loss in Newyork(NYC) uses methods based on the causes of overweight.
- If you gain weight due to poor functioning of thyroid hormone, then they balance the kidney and spleen functions.
- Also, strengthens the water metabolism to treat water retention and helps to dissolve fatty tissues to reach your desired weight.
So, these are the various techniques of acupuncture for weight loss. Regular taking of these treatments from well-experienced acupuncturist can help to lose weight quickly.